First ever blaster build using Doopys, Tino’s kit and hopefully lots of luck!

So, finally my SBB arrived in the post today . After weeks of looking through other members builds and seeing this kit dozens of times it feels really weird (in a good way) to actually have one here in my hands!

As it’s my first ever attempt at anything like this I’m not going to try get clever or ambitious ...in fact, if it turns out half as good as the blasters u guys have constructed I’ll be very happy!

Using Tino’s finishing kit with the Doopys resin kit and a lot of the ideas I’ll be taking on board from previous builds I’m hoping to end up with a half decent E11 that I’ll eventually be able to troop with. Any advice, creative criticism and encouragement will be most welcome! Thanks, Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your WIP - now that it's arrived, don't keep us waiting too long ;) ps. Invest in some safety gear - safety glasses, respirator, a dry vacuum is best, even a small desktop one will do fine, if you plan on doing any significant resin carving.

Thanks Jesse, I think I’ve got all that together now, been acquiring tools etc over the last few weeks. I inboxed the kit last night and washed the pieces in hot soapy water...hopefully start tonight with the trimming and sanding.

Great stuff, Wayne. I look forward to following your progress. 

I very much agree regarding the respirator - that resin is great to work with, but nasty in dust form. 

Roll* on the build. :-)

*that’s just the beginning of my drumming puns. ;-) lol

Well thanks to the nature of my job and only just getting home absolutely shattered I doubt I’ll have much time after a shower and food to do much on the build tonight. Hopefully get some of the pieces sanded and prepped ready to start on them tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Drum room sacrificed for somewhere to build my E11 and eventually my armour. Did manage to trim and sand a few bits down last night, looking forward to getting stuck in again tonight.57ea8ee4b7efccbe50b7af785a7e249a.jpg57ea8ee4b7efccbe50b7af785a7e249a.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Waynocerous said:

I don’t believe u emoji23.png I’m sure you’ll keep ‘sticking’ them in emoji23.png.

Hehe. I've already clicked 'follow' so I don't miss a beat! ;-) 

Sorry, you asked for that one... :laugh1:

• Like 1

Another silly late finish last night so no progress yet I have been doing a lot of thinking about the build though and was wondering if it’s possible to have a fully working bolt with a Doopys kit? I mean actually hollowing the port out so the bolt can be seen moving back and exposing the inside of the receiver or is this not possible due to the thickness of the tubes wall?

Pawel (Xinx) did cut out the exposed bolt as you can see here. He followed through with a cover plate that allowed him access to the electronics he stuffed in. As you can see, the receiver has the resin etched into the pipe, they’re essentially one piece so IMO, inserting the 20mm inner rod to act as a movable bolt would look odd because of the thickness of the resin and cutting out resin to install a bolt component would compromise the integrity of the receiver.

b9755e5696837be2e67336abcce9e78f.jpg

Hope this is informative for you ... can’t wait to see you start, sometime soon, I know it

• Like 1

Thanks Jesse...very informative thanks! I had a feeling that would be the case if I hollowed out and just used the 20mm tube as the bolt. I can’t wait to get started, but as I was saying to Dan it’s getting very frustrating not getting anything done because I’m finishing work so late atm. There’s always the weekend

• Like 1

If it's any help this is what a 'chopped up' doopy's looks like.

In my opinion it's not worth the extra work to have a working bolt unless it's for electronics, that's just me though3c47e5cc6b3f6e1b51bd82a486743137.jpg2d42d9d453bd62ab5380b2a6f6d13301.jpg04105e3c21005b34be51c9891c7efde2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok...finally I managed to make a start! Lock screw and bolt fitted to the grip, trigger and spring fitted and shaped a strip of aluminium for the trigger guard. It’s thinner than the scope rail so not sure it’s quite acceptable? What do u guys think? 4f81744a06096e225bf9fa9b5b2be519.jpg1623ead00bbbb16dc9ad7e22670013d7.jpg

• Like 1

Ok...finally I managed to make a start! Lock screw and bolt fitted to the grip, trigger and spring fitted and shaped a strip of aluminium for the trigger guard. It’s thinner than the scope rail so not sure it’s quite acceptable? What do u guys think? 4f81744a06096e225bf9fa9b5b2be519.jpg1623ead00bbbb16dc9ad7e22670013d7.jpg

Good job, looks great!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk