E11 Blaster pipe build with lights and sound

welshchris77

Well Chris u certainly did a fantastic job there! They look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, welshchris77 said:

More carving out for the trigger, fabricated a trigger from 6mm acrylic, pivots on a steel pin and tension created using a spring from a pen, engages with a micro switch (used on microwave doors), very happy with the result, the trigger makes a satisfying 'click' when it engages with the switchemoji4.pngemoji16.pngb14d5707f1b3826fa2d943bc248f8a25.jpgc94f019300888a9973a3ad56624dec9d.jpge4f0f5ece661af91ea0b9552df7c0b93.jpg ... d902922851fe3ee5c69f7f16ca771c90.jpg

Man! Look at the mechanics involved here; kudos to you Chris! I can appreciate since finishing doing something similar with my trigger group

3 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

Man! Look at the mechanics involved here; kudos to you Chris! I can appreciate since finishing doing something similar with my trigger group

Thanks Jesse, the trigger would work without the spring as the micro switch itself is slightly sprung but the spring helps to relieve tension on the switch and pull the trigger back to the open position, that's the idea anyway! :duim:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, welshchris77 said:

Hollowing out the magazine well for a battery compartment but disaster struck and it broke upemoji21.pngemoji21.pngemoji21.png

Thought to myself that the mag well is not that complicated a shape so went to work on fabricating one out of plasticard, also means I don't have to do more resin carving, whatever resin doopydoos use creates an ungodly amount of dust!
d1208f13d9d2090cb245c3f7286a3b08.jpg07c486afba5e4b017293ede981d183b7.jpg

This could have been me! What a sad picture. I see that you were going for all-the-way through when it happened. When I went about this task, I stopped shy where the opening gets wider, glad I did. Great recovery though; excellent work! I have new vocabulary now ... 2mm plasticard

Allen key head screws fitted to the muzzle, made a carrier plate for the LED from abs using a 28mm hole cutter

laster lightly sanded and prepped for primer ...

7986bcbdd9cc2a5668621b7ca9495b1f.jpg

Chris - did you put a plastic lens overtop so to focus the light? Thinking you were going for a laser effect out the muzzle ...

2 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

This could have been me! What a sad picture. I see that you were going for all-the-way through when it happened. When I went about this task, I stopped shy where the opening gets wider, glad I did. Great recovery though; excellent work! I have new vocabulary now ... 2mm plasticard

Was my first time working with plasticard, its a pleasure to work with, easy to cut, sand, glue etc, worked out way better than using the original piece as was much easier to fit around the battery holder and installing the on/off button in the mag release :D

• Like 1

Chris - did you put a plastic lens overtop so to focus the light? Thinking you were going for a laser effect out the muzzle ...

didn't need too Jesse, its super bright and can be seen from a very wide angle and in daylight, looks great in the dark too!, these leds are so bright!

• Like 1

Fed all the cables from the scope, couter and switches through the body and out of the ejection port, also connected up the led and speaker cables to the micro controller and everthing from the controller also out of the ejection port, here the corresponding cables were soldered and heat shrunk to their counterparts. I uploaded the micro controller with the code to 'run' everything. All the joined cables are pushed into the body of the blaster and the bolt and spring slid back to hide them. Next was inserting the 7.4v camera battery and turning on the circuit to make sure it worked, everything worked great!, happy days

f19536b70c646b974ddc7d0d779f4bae.jpg ...

7.4V , that's double my ready-to-install BlastFX battery of choice at 3.7V I like this picture with all the wires because it shows how involved designing / configuring custom electronics can be. Great for you to figure things out!

1 minute ago, Dracotrooper said:

7.4V , that's double my ready-to-install BlastFX battery of choice at 3.7V I like this picture with all the wires because it shows how involved designing / configuring custom electronics can be. Great for you to figure things out!

Yeah the three LED regulators and Arduino nano run directly off the battery, everything else is run from the Arduino's 5v output, looks fairly simple in a diagram but can get logistically tricky trying to fit everything in, 15 wires needed to be joined at the ejection port, that doesn't include all the ground and power cables that were spliced together at various points before the port ^_^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

Superb work Chris! - I can imagine the feel of cold steel and smelly rust from your completed Blasters - bravo!

Thanks!, im going to sell two of them, hopefully within my Garrison, difficult putting a price on them though:blink:

Edited by welshchris77
gramatical error

Thanks for sharing a video Chris, nicely done by the way :duim:  You have an impressive collection of E-11s and very happy for you. Have a terrific day!

Thanks bro!

• Like 1

Good job Chris. I only plan to fit my Electronic only in the Hengstler. You are right that resin body Doopy doos inside are to small for putting in Electronic.

Sent from my M631Y using Tapatalk

Good job Chris. I only plan to fit my Electronic only in the Hengstler. You are right that resin body Doopy doos inside are to small for putting in Electronic.

Sent from my M631Y using Tapatalk

Thanks

Great blasters bro! i am also building my blaster with the same setup as yours.. just waiting for the wires that i ordered then hope to start with the build.

• Like 1

Great blasters bro! i am also building my blaster with the same setup as yours.. just waiting for the wires that i ordered then hope to start with the build.