Hope this works. I've been unable to post.

Plainsrunner

After 24 hours of posting and replying, I suddenly lost the ability to post. I'm hoping this is somehow due to my service provider as I get some strange syntax error when trying to post a new thread here in Tech Support

I moved to Tapatalk via my phone to see if this works.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How do you know it's your ISP?
It's my only viable theory right now. I get some sort of syntax error trying to post a new thread. When replying to a thread it acts like it saves but doesn't post. I tried the following:

1. Rebooting router
2. Creating a new account completely. Same result
3. Tried from a different computer
4. Finally I switched over to Tapatalk on my LTE on me phone and I'm able to post from here.

I was trying to open a new topic to ask for help because I couldn't update my signature (this after the forum was down) but couldn't post too. I get the same error.

Here's a pic of the error code.

PS - Had to post this via tapatalk too. 043f34e456758923052961394430a895.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I use my phone. So my post just sits there after hitting submit. I don't get error code. This happened after the other night site was down. Something went crazy. But I'm sure we got our best guys on it. Atleast Tapatalk works!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I use my phone. So my post just sits there after hitting submit. I don't get error code. This happened after the other night site was down. Something went crazy. But I'm sure we got our best guys on it. Atleast Tapatalk works!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Same issues. Can only post through Tapatalk. On website when I click submit a reply, nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I've also cleared cache on my desktop and had no luck. I've received the same error message as posted above. I can only post to the forum via Tapatalk. Looking forward to seeing this issue resolved.

Posted from Tapatalk because I'm nowhere near my main computer.

Additional troubleshooting information for whoever is working on this problem:

It's definitely a setting that messes up some ISPs.     Here is how I know:

1.  Tried to post at home on my CenturyLink connected desktop computer:    can't post or reply.   On new posts I get that syntax error someone else posted.  On replies it just indicates a save but doesn't post.

2.  Works on Tapatalk through my Verizon LTE connection

3.  Works on my desktop computer at work, using the internet here in the office.

So it is somehow related to communication between the site and my home ISP.    

Hope that helps!   On a related note, it is SO MUCH NICER being able to type this message at work on a keyboard rather than with my fingers on Tapatalk.    

From now one I don't want to see any posts about not being able to post without mentioning which browser you're trying with. We can't troubleshoot without a sample size.

1 minute ago, Locitus said:

From now one I don't want to see any posts about not being able to post without mentioning which browser you're trying with. We can't troubleshoot without a sample size.

Google Chrome (via verizon air card on a laptop), Safari (via xfinity home network on a ipad)

I tried with Chrome and IE. Same result at home with Century Link. At work I'm connecting fine with Chrome. I'll try posting again from home after work.