Most detailed armor

Hey guys,

I've browsed through the beginner's section, but I do still have a question.   It's probably answered there, but there's so much information it can be easily lost in the mix.

I don't have a budget limitation really.    Taking that in mind, which of these armor sets/makers are the most accurate/detailed?    If I'm going to jump into this, I want to really jump into it.

Hiya,

Personally, my opinion would be that RS Prop Masters and Troopermaster are some of the nicest kits I’ve seen.

(I also love my RWA armour, BTW). :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Hiya,

Personally, my opinion would be that RS Prop Masters and Troopermaster are some of the nicest kits I’ve seen.

(I also love my RWA armour, BTW). :-)

After looking at both, I'm leaning a little towards Troopermaster.    I've sent him a message on facebook.   Trying to figure out how to determine pricing, waiting list, etc.

• Like 1

I'd say the 2 most accurate kits on the market are RS and TM.  RS is cast from (most of) a screen used suit, TM is an excellent sculpt.  They both command a premium over most other kits.  Which you choose would be personal preference, but I suspect that's the best start point for your request.

Personally I'd always go for ABS, uncapped, as that's what the originals used.  I find capped ABS too white.

RS propmasters has an original screen used suit which makes it probably the most accurate kit. You can have a look on their kits at www.rspropmasters.com

In our gallery there is a section with the original RS suite.

I think troopermaster is the most accurate fanmade kit.

1 hour ago, Ripper_L said:

RS propmasters has an original screen used suit which makes it probably the most accurate kit. You can have a look on their kits at www.rspropmasters.com

In our gallery there is a section with the original RS suite.

I think troopermaster is the most accurate fanmade kit.

So looking through the RS Propmaster's site, i'm suddenly enthralled by the Sandtrooper armor.   Is this type of armor approved by the 501st?

2 minutes ago, Plainsrunner said:

So looking through the RS Propmaster's site, i'm suddenly enthralled by the Sandtrooper armor.   Is this type of armor approved by the 501st?

There is a Sandtrooper CRL, if that is what you mean. You can find the Sandtrooper Detachment at www.mepd.net

There is no armor out of the box, that is automatically approved by the 501st. It also depends on how the armor fits the wearer.

Example: someone with a height of 190cm builds a perfect armor and gets 501st approval. Later he sells the armor to a guy with 170cm body height. Logically the armor must now be approved again by one of our membership officers, because it won't fit the smaller guy ;)

If you don't like the weathering and only like the "heavy" look, we also have the Heavy Weapons Trooper.

Here is the list of FISD costumes:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

and the list of MEPD costumes:
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:MEPD_CRL

Best regards

Hi Troopers feedback required.
I am looking at purchasing Shepparton studios ANH TK stunt armour.
These are made by the original creator of the original Stormtrooper armour for ANH.
I’m looking for feedback from anyone who owns this armour or any feedback on the attached pictures relating to approval.

I copied the following company information from the Shepparton designs web site.
Cheers
TI-23967

Shepparton design studios build feedback
SDS we are committed to producing the highest quality helmets, armour and props available. We originally created iconic characters such as the Stormtrooper in 1976 and use the legacy moulds from the first production to maintain an incredible level of accuracy. Our skilled craftsmen use the same materials and techniques used in 1976 to make todays replica. Every product we make is overseen by Andrew Ainsworth, the original creator.
56cae468c300fb2abfd0ae5d5369a566.jpgc6db3684fb2c56f85a6a9030835079fb.jpge926fef0b3dd3d48214f663e18e3e35d.jpg58a188a65861205a8bec785623a3f6f3.jpg

Hi Troopers feedback required.
I am looking at purchasing Shepparton studios ANH TK stunt armour.
These are made by the original creator of the original Stormtrooper armour for ANH.
I’m looking for feedback from anyone who owns this armour or any feedback on the attached pictures relating to approval.

I copied the following company information from the Shepparton designs web site.
Cheers
TI-23967

I was also looking at that brand and saw negative posts on the forum about it. That is what made me look at RS Propmasters and Troopermaster.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guys... I fell in love with the RS Propmasters Sandtrooper and ordered a complete commission . It was a lot of money, but I'm excited!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the “spending a lot on Stormtroopers” club!! ;-)

Many congrats. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

Question:    Do 501st approved armors have to be accurate to a specific trooper shown in the movie, or does the armor just generally have to be up to spec?

Let me explain:    If my local 501st already has a Sandtrooper with the red pauldron (squad leader), would it be acceptable for me to purchase an extra pauldron that is a sergeant or enlisted to swap out if we do an event together without having to change out some of the other armor pieces that might go along with those?    The Sandtroopers' armor, from what I read, had different combos of shin and arm armors between the different ones that were shown in the film.   They weren't all basically the same like normal troopers.

Additional question:

The Pauldrons that are available to purchase separately on the RS Propmaster's site are listed as Out of Stock.    When they get back to me on my order for my measurements (for my full commission), can I ask them to bill me extra and send me two Pauldrons (one red one black or white) for this purpose?    

No they don’t.  All stormtrooper armor is generic with the exception of Phasma, who is the only “face” character we own.  Sandtroopers don’t have red pauldrons, they come in white, orange, and black.
How you troop as a sandtrooper is entirely your call as long as it complies with a CRL, e.g. you can choose to use a pack and orange pauldron, pack and white pauldron, or whatever you want.
There are other sources of pauldrons.  Heck, I got my first one on Ebay for $40.
For pauldrons, you can own all 3 if you want and just choose whichever you want to wear at a troop.  If you get along well with your other sandtroopers, you can swap and borrow if you are budget conscious.
For instance when I was a sandy, there were 2 other sandys in my garrison.  Rather than all of us owning all 3 pauldrons, we each had a few and then swapped out who wore what during a troop.  We did the same thing with our BFGs.  Funny enough, we never lent out packs out…

Thanks Daetrin!    

I knew it was orange.   Why I typed red I have no idea!   I think it's because I had a project manager blowing up my IM about food arrangements for a meeting.  :P

Thanks for the info though!   I was thinking that having only 1 guy with the orange would be more appropriate if you are in a group doing an event.    That way you have one squad leader.

My next big thing is planning out my audio.  My wife reported that there was a great looking Sandy she ran into locally, but she wasn't all that impressed with the audio.  She could hear his regular voice more than the altered audio that was supposed to make him sound authentic.     

She's also really big on staying in character.   She's making sure I get into the 'stay in character' mindset even if people ask me routine questions -- do it with an in-character mindset.    She does acting around town as a hobby and is going to keep me on point on this aspect.   lol

FWIW, the paldron thing is really up to you.  Sometimes we all wore orange, sometimes not.  Look at ANH and Lucas just put in whatever made a neat shot, which is why you see more orange that there in theory would be.

• Like 1