TK-60361 Reporting for Duty. Aa-Ru!

If Only I Had Known

• Read Ukswrath’s thread all the way through before you begin. It is filled with tidbits that you will want to know ahead of time. There’s plenty to read until BBD. 
  • Get more magnets and clamps. I got 20 thin ones; 20 thick ones would have been better. 
  • Read the Centurion approval threads. Learn from other people’s errors. 

Oopses 

• Peel the protective film off before you glue things together. (Don’t worry: It peels off. Then you can reglue the parts.) 
  • If it doesn’t feel like it fits that way, then maybe it doesn’t fit that way! 
  • Fo your approval photos, get someone to help. The TK Armor is not easy to put on yourself and get right for inspection. 

Additional Advice

• The Anovos strapping system is okay for initial fitting and your submission photos. But you will probably want to upgrade that. 
  • The Anovos belt is silly. Get a good one like Imperial Issue. 
  • Get Centurion-approved boots even if you don’t now plan on that level. 
  • The Sterilite 32 gallon tote is perfect and is a good thing to practice masking and spray-painting on. 

Thanks To

• The fine troopers in FISD who encouraged and advised me along the way. 
  • My friend Razek the Dragon who took time off from his vacation to help me suit up and pay attention to and fix all those finicky details. He earns a 501st patch! 
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you can get your TK armor on completely by yourself- my hats off you to!  I can do everything but my shoulder bells connections.  Very good advice!  Yes, yes, you can never have too many clamps, or magnets.  But especially clamps.