What is detachment affiliation, and why is my info not correct?

FYI guys, people need to ensure they are in the right FISD group.  If your group icon says  "501st member" it's why the sync isn't picking you up.  You have to be a member of the "501st Stormtrooper" group.   This thread is where you get your detachment access updated. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

OK, so I looked at the det roster and you're not even on it for me to approve.  You'll have to chat with your GML or LWM person to fix, as there is nothing I can do on my end.

Thanks anyway
and I contacted the LWM
I'll keep you informed

Edited by TK 7448

UPDATE 2/12/2019

From the Legion Webmaster:

"Ops states that to maintain Detachment affiliation, you must log into the Detachment's forum at least once a year to remain active.

Web team will be running a sync prior to voting starting, so please do log in to the forums as soon as you can.

~C

Member of the 501st Legion
LWM / LMO"

Anyone having issues with affiliation as soon as voting starts contact Cari via email: lwm@501st.com

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, masterx244 said:

What does it mean if Detachment affiliation shows "None" instead of FISD?

It could mean your GML (garrison membership liaison) has not added FISD as a detachment to your profile or you have not visited the forum in over 12 months, you will have to contact him/her to add affiliation, then it should show as pending. Usually before legion elections pending affiliation is updated but sometimes some get missed. Once you are showing as pending you could contact the FISD DL Sarah @Alayand ask for a manual update, then you will be able to vote for the detachment in legion elections. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It could mean your GML (garrison membership liaison) has not added FISD as a detachment to your profile or you have not visited the forum in over 12 months, you will have to contact him/her to add affiliation, then it should show as pending. Usually before legion elections pending affiliation is updated but sometimes some get missed. Once you are showing as pending you could contact the FISD DL Sarah @Alayand ask for a manual update, then you will be able to vote for the detachment in legion elections. 

Snafu at garrison end for me then.... time to poke the gml with a mail then

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Hbrika said:

Same here. I was positive I had visited in the last year but the bulk update did not get me so putting in this post to be sure.

I cant see anything wrong in the back end it says you are approved. Have you checked with your GML?

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread for those looking for info why there Census FISD Detachment Affiliation has expired ;) 

3 days left to get your census completed, if you have issues with your affiliation it's time to reach out to your GML and I to have it rectified.

• 1 month later...

If ANH TK and my squad list my main outfit looks like this:

First Reich Stormtrooper Detachment (to be determined)
Imperial Officer Corps (Approved)

It's always been like this. My FISD affiliation has never changed. I asked a long time ago and nothing changed, so I stopped worrying...

3 hours ago, Ebenezer said:

If ANH TK and my squad list my main outfit looks like this:

First Reich Stormtrooper Detachment (to be determined)
Imperial Officer Corps (Approved)

It's always been like this. My FISD affiliation has never changed. I asked a long time ago and nothing changed, so I stopped worrying...

Your profile says you have just joined, you also have only one post, if you are an approved TK request detachment access here 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So... why did I go from a full member yesterday to 'expired' today as the 'voting' hasn't started yet???

Edited by Jervis

6 hours ago, Jervis said:

So... why did I go from a full member yesterday to 'expired' today as the 'voting' hasn't started yet???

Hi Jervis,

You are currently marked as 501st TK here, are you referring to the Legion status?

There are certain processes that get run in the run up to the elections, and this would include expiring membership where appropriate.

I don't have access to the full data, but I would expect this is what has triggered this status change.  My first guess was when was the last time you logged into the forum before today?

7 minutes ago, TK/BH 20174 said:

I’m now shown as expired as my detachment to FISD but am an UKG Capt of the Gaurd.

how can I get this updated - is it down to my GML? Cheers 

Hi Rob,

When was the last time you logged into the forum before today?

1 minute ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Hi Rob,

When was the last time you logged into the forum before today?

Hi mate - sometime ago tbh. 
I keep upto date by the newsletter to be fair. 
so I’m guessing that may be the reason.

does it need to get fixed somehow? 

https://www.501st.com/forum/app.php/howto-detachment-affiliation

Approved means that the costume has passed review by a GML, and active Detachment membership means that you have logged in to the Detachment forum for that costume at LEAST once a year. Some Detachments go by the Legion term year (Feb-Jan), while others go by the Calendar year (Jan-Dec). This must be done for every Detachment you have an approved costume.

I'll need to find out if that ship has sailed, or if this login will count.

In the past we did bulk updates to the both the forum database and Legion database via SQL queries and updates.  I'm not sure who owns that process anymore, but it would be good to get that info transparent to avoid future confusion.

Reminder to stay "active" you must log into the forums at least once a year (election to election) or the automated system will not pick you may no longer have detachment affiliation. 

Also NOTE:

*NOTE: Make sure you log into the forum at least once through a website and NOT through TapaTalk, as sometimes it does not register the login as a true login.

This still happens before census every year. If a member hasn't logged in, then they don't stay valid after the update.] as an affiliation to detachments.

The only other intervention is the mandatory removal of retired members and the adjustment of their access to basic, which obviously removes them from voting, being they are no longer a full 501st member.

If the legion Holocron for members has not been updated in the event a member has been re-approved after they come back from retirement or reserved, that is a matter for the member's GML to resolve.

To add to this, Legion pre warn all leaders to make appropriate adjustments as the database gets locked down when the election cycle starts, for new costume approvals cannot occur until the election cycle is finished.

• Like 1

Unit GMLs will still be able to approve costumes on current members, though. This is an important distinction.

Per the OP, members have until the start of voting to reconcile their Detachment roster affiliation.

Please be reminded that a valid costume AND an active detachment-members-only forum account are required to participate in Legion Detachment elections. Please contact your respective Detachment Leaders for any issues with your membership (prior to elections), and do not wait until last minute.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right thread. But I did my census  when required and all was good. Check today and noticed my detachment affilation to FISD was on retired?

How can I change to active or is it something to not worry about?

Note last troop date is incorrect as census didn't have December 2023.

Kind regards TK51992

Screenshot_20240209_152233_Samsung Internet.jpg