What is detachment affiliation, and why is my info not correct?

3 hours ago, Abandon Stormtrooper said:

I don't know if this is the right thread. But I did my census  when required and all was good. Check today and noticed my detachment affilation to FISD was on retired?

How can I change to active or is it something to not worry about?

Note last troop date is incorrect as census didn't have December 2023.

Kind regards TK51992

Screenshot_20240209_152233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Currently, you have full 501st Stormtrooper access to our forums. If your Legion profile is stating retired, you will need to take that up with your GML.

How does one become retired? generally you don't troop for a year and your GML sets you to reserve. Don't troop for 2 years in a row, you get set to retired due to inactivity. Some Garrisons enforce this more than others.

This is garrison and Legion controlled.

Only your affiliation to a detachment breaks if you do not log into that detachments' forum for a year.

That is an automatic function the legion database picks up when it does its annual sync to all units for census and for Elections.

The responsibility to prevent breakage of affiliation rest with the individual, and only requires you to log into a forum.

Using an app like Taptalk, unfortunately will not work, and is a known probable that remains unfixable.

Only log in from phone using a browser or log in on a PC/laptop.

Use your phone browser or a PC and log in.

Next, all DL's are supposed to go through the Legion's massive membership database and any member that the legion database state as retired, then requires their detachment access to be reset to basic member.

As you are still a full member indicated by the banner under your Avatar, you can tell this was not caused by the detachment Leader, which was myself :)

That's the story of how this all works, unless the sync itself fails to pick up all data accurately, which directs you back to your GML and Legion.

Hope this is helpful for yourself and others.

Also, AFAIK, it's only ever used once a year and that is during detachment elections.  So not much to-do until next cycle (which is why we only updated it annually), or am I missing something?

7 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Also, AFAIK, it's only ever used once a year and that is during detachment elections.  So not much to-do until next cycle (which is why we only updated it annually), or am I missing something?

Yes, Legion do an annual update, but considering the volume of members we have, plus the coming and going of members in legion, I have been doing our maintenance quarterly so it didn't go back to the mess it was prior.

It is time-consuming, so keeping it up to date has made that far easier to manage.

Most of the maintenance has been members retired from the legion, and there has been loads of them, probably due to the Covid years.

Hi

I hope I'm right here too. I have been a member of the FISD since 2020 and have been in PENDING status since then. I checked everything. Mail is correct, forum name is the same, TK ID is correct. But somehow it doesn't seem to work for me with the recognition in the census. Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance

Mirko

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mirko_in_action said:

Hi

I hope I'm right here too. I have been a member of the FISD since 2020 and have been in PENDING status since then. I checked everything. Mail is correct, forum name is the same, TK ID is correct. But somehow it doesn't seem to work for me with the recognition in the census. Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance

Mirko

Mirko, you have no legion ID (not your TKID) info added in your Profile, also you have no email listed, this probably means the sync won't work as it matches identicle email addresses with the one you supplied to legion. (that is important, they are the same for the back end system and the leading cause of failures to sync)

Please update that first and let's see what happens.

15 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Yes, Legion do an annual update, but considering the volume of members we have, plus the coming and going of members in legion, I have been doing our maintenance quarterly so it didn't go back to the mess it was prior.

It is time-consuming, so keeping it up to date has made that far easier to manage.

Most of the maintenance has been members retired from the legion, and there has been loads of them, probably due to the Covid years.

Doesn't have to be that bad.  We had like 3 SQL queries that made it about a 5 minute process.

Also, once as a younger person, I wrote a desktop app that automated the Legion web site. I'd just get a list of IDs from the FISD database and it would automatically click the links for me.  Good times.

What I'm trying to say is if you are doing something manually, why?  It should be automated and not take more than 15 minutes a year.

On 2/10/2024 at 12:34 AM, Sly11 said:

Mirko, you have no legion ID (not your TKID) info added in your Profile, also you have no email listed, this probably means the sync won't work as it matches identicle email addresses with the one you supplied to legion. (that is important, they are the same for the back end system and the leading cause of failures to sync)

Please update that first and let's see what happens.

Maybe I'm too stupid... the Legion ID according to Census is my TK ID. I can't set the ID here in the forum. And the email address here in the forum is the same as in the Census. It is also the same email address in the 501st.com forum.
What am I doing wrong?

Edited by MaskedVengeance
COG removal of image for the protection of personal contact information.

52 minutes ago, mirko_in_action said:

Maybe I'm too stupid... the Legion ID according to Census is my TK ID. I can't set the ID here in the forum. And the email address here in the forum is the same as in the Census. It is also the same email address in the 501st.com forum.
What am I doing wrong?

IMG_1611.jpeg

It's a little unfortunate that the terminology is so similar but your legion id that we're looking for is 32492.

https://501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=32492&costumeID=124

• Like 1

I have added your Legion ID to your profile, I will also go onto legion Members database and see if I can manually get you affiliated.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 4:18 AM, Sly11 said:

I have added your Legion ID to your profile, I will also go onto legion Members database and see if I can manually get you affiliated.

Thank you @Sly11 and @Locitus I was trying to help Mirko as he reported the issue to me on a Legion PM. I was scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Ok Mirko, I have attempted to manually override, so let's see if your affiliation is fixed.

• Like 1

Am 14.2.2024 um 08:45 schrieb Sly11:

Ok Mirko, I have attempted to manually override, so let's see if your affiliation is fixed.

Thank you so much!

The affiliation is now correctly listed in the census... I'm very happy about that - thank you!

The 501st ID is still not listed under my profile here in the forum. Can I do something about this so that it is there? Or can I not influence that for now?

IMG_1621.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mirko_in_action said:

Thank you so much!

The affiliation is now correctly listed in the census... I'm very happy about that - thank you!

The 501st ID is still not listed under my profile here in the forum. Can I do something about this so that it is there? Or can I not influence that for now?

IMG_1621.jpeg

You are most welcome, and I am glad it worked :duim:

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

You are most welcome, and I am glad it worked :duim:

Still has an issue with no TKID on his forum profile 

Screenshot_20240220_155931_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d63cd9ff34053c3971b6764237011b26.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 4:02 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Screenshot_20240220_155931_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d63cd9ff34053c3971b6764237011b26.jpg

Bumping so it's not missed

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 4:02 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

saybumpagain.jpg.268f64ac06cfcf87384d1b53d2654fff.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

I'm curious to know why mine says I'm not an FISD supporter. What does that mean? Or how can I correct that?

Only those that donate to web/hosting fundraising get a "supporter" graphic added to their profile, we haven't had a donation run for some years as we migrated over to the Legions web hosting. 

Legion is currently doing a web/hosting run if you wish to support that https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113646, the legion issues this to your profile e5fGDz2.png, left is for web hosting right is for voting in the elections (they will only show on your legion profile). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Legion is currently doing a web/hosting run if you wish to support that https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113646, the legion issues this to your profile e5fGDz2.png, left is for web hosting right is for voting in the elections (they will only show on your legion profile). 

I donated to the web/host as soon as it was announced.

As I understand it you don't see the supporter thing on FISD since they went under the 501st umbrella.  You will only see the special graphic on your 501st profile if you opt-in for it in your settings after the campaign is over.

I also could be completely wrong.

Bart

5 hours ago, BAZINGA said:

As I understand it you don't see the supporter thing on FISD since they went under the 501st umbrella.  You will only see the special graphic on your 501st profile if you opt-in for it in your settings after the campaign is over. I also could be completely wrong.

Correct, as outlined in my post above ;) 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:23 PM, Sly11 said:

Currently, you have full 501st Stormtrooper access to our forums. If your Legion profile is stating retired, you will need to take that up with your GML.

How does one become retired? generally you don't troop for a year and your GML sets you to reserve. Don't troop for 2 years in a row, you get set to retired due to inactivity. Some Garrisons enforce this more than others.

Only your affiliation to a detachment breaks if you do not log into that detachments' forum for a year.

That is an automatic function the legion database picks up when it does its annual sync to all units for census and for Elections.

The responsibility to prevent breakage of affiliation rest with the individual, and only requires you to log into a forum.

Using an app like Taptalk, unfortunately will not work, and is a known probable that remains unfixable.

Next, all DL's are supposed to go through the Legion's massive membership database and any member that the legion database state as retired, then requires their detachment access to be reset to basic member.

As you are still a full member indicated by the banner under your Avatar, you can tell this was not caused by the detachment Leader, which was myself :)

That's the story of how this all works, unless the sync itself fails to pick up all data accurately, which directs you back to your GML and Legion.

Ok thanks for clarification,

I know when I had to update my yearly census they didn't have the month that I last trooped which would have stopped that showing im retired.

I'll bring this up to my GML

Thank you

On 2/9/2024 at 7:23 PM, Sly11 said:

Ok thanks for clarification,

I know when I had to update my yearly census they didn't have the month that I last trooped which would have stopped that showing im retired.

I'll bring this up to my GML

Thank you