What is detachment affiliation, and why is my info not correct?

2 hours ago, darthkenny said:

I know it’s too late for this round but for the life of me (and 30minutes of work time lost looking) I can’t find that screen capture from the first post on any profile option here or on the 501st forum??? I’ve checked the email and tk number options but no vote option case up this time. 

It will be on the 501st forum, on the left menu click Membership DB, then on next menu click Your Profile Data, right at the bottom of that page is Your Unit Affiliation, FISD should be listed there, if it is Pending you can ask the DL (Daetrin) for it to be Approved, if FISD is not listed there contact your GML and ask to be Affiliated to FISD.

So I was not able to vote for Detachment this year because of this:

Jolly Roger Squadron (Approved)
Bounty Hunters Guild (Approved)
First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (Pending)

It's been like that for years.  I'd actually like to be able to vote next time.  My Legion ID is the same on both forums.  My email is the same.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Sirene said:

So I was not able to vote for Detachment this year because of this:

Jolly Roger Squadron (Approved)
Bounty Hunters Guild (Approved)
First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (Pending)

It's been like that for years.  I'd actually like to be able to vote next time.  My Legion ID is the same on both forums.  My email is the same.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Did you tell anyone that you wanted to vote before the election? There are a lot of people who aren't supposed to be able to vote because they got rid of their costume and thus no longer part of the detachment. We usually bulk approve new members in the upcoming days before the election as this thread was somewhat about, but that assumes we know who to approve.

Just now, Locitus said:

Now that elections are over you won't need it for another year. But maybe Paul or the XO will fix it while it's still fresh in their memory. I can't do it.

I'm crossing my fingers that as we move to the Legion's servers, this will be automated.  As noted there is zero value in fixing anything manually now.

Still, kind of sucks not to be affiliated with the detachment of the suit you wear the most.  Now ultra stupid question time; when the change does happen, will it be noted on the newsletter email?  I rather like reading those.

Well, the whole thing is pretty silly, but that's a different story.  We have a new web team, hopefully it will be more automated.  And for sure, when a change does occur, we'll post it in the NL.  Glad you are enjoying it :)

Thanks grmhodes13, found it. It had me as retired??? but let me click a link to add fisd. Now I’m sitting on pending and would respectfully request that Daetrin update me please (Ps congratulations again sir)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Actually, we'll not do any flipping until next year around election time. That is the only time the data is used, and with a new web team, it will likely be smoother in 2019.

It's better to think of affiliation with "are you registered to vote", and since the only people who can do the automated bit are the web team, unless they want to take on refreshing it more than once a year, we're stuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luc - as mentioned in the first post, we only update this annually right before elections.  We'll not make any changes until 2019 as the information is otherwise not useful or used for anything.

48 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Hi Luc - as mentioned in the first post, we only update this annually right before elections.  We'll not make any changes until 2019 as the information is otherwise not useful or used for anything.

Hi Paul, my only concern is that when the elections happened, instructions were to wait for a bulk update and it again did not verify my detachment affiliation. I just want to be sure to be able to vote for DL as I have not been able to do so for the last two years. Next year, should I post and ask for a manual update? Thanks.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:34 AM, lucnak said:

Hi Paul, my only concern is that when the elections happened, instructions were to wait for a bulk update and it again did not verify my detachment affiliation. I just want to be sure to be able to vote for DL as I have not been able to do so for the last two years. Next year, should I post and ask for a manual update? Thanks.

I totally understand.  The single best way to kep it all easy to udpate are:

1. Do ensure that your FISD & Legion email addresses are the same.
2. Do ensure that your FISD profile shows you as being a "501st Stormtrooper", not just "member" or "501st member".
3. Do ensure that your TKID is correct in your FISD profile.
4. Do ensure you log on at least once in the year prior to elections.
5. Do ensure you are on the FISD roster in your 501st profile.

If you do the above items, you should sync.  Many of the issues people had were items #5, #1, and #2.

That said, the current web tools do not make it practicable to manually keep the roster in sync.  However, the Legion web team has a slew of projects in their queue to make this easier, so it may not be a problem in the future if all works well.

2 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I don’t think any updates are happening until February-ish of next year. As repeatedly stated its only used for detachment elections.

Ok,I made the request though because my profile from what I could tell had not changed and I was expecting it to be updated prior to election however by the time I realised it was not fixed I was too late to ask.At least I've requested the update with plenty of notice,lol.

As I've said many times, the data is useless for anything other than the election cycle, FISD's roster is too big to update manually, there is a process to bulk import data in to the Legion boards but its presumes people's data is up to date.

Also, I spent a lot of my time manually flipping people who contacted me via PM, FB, email, and a topic on this board, that is not sustainable throughout the year.  We've been asking the Legion web team to make it easier and more fool-proof for *years*, and this year they may do so.

These are all the reasons will not touch this roster again until elections, as if things work out well, it will be fully automated by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi team - we have a wee issue with a current member (tk19755 - Mark Skelly) when my new GML accidently hit remove on the detachment listing. It went from pending to retired but it should definitely not be retired- just wondering how we can fix it? Do we need to get the member to reapply fir detachment membership or is there something else we can do?

Appreciate any assistance!

Nga Mihi
Francesca Winiata DS95911
Outpost 42 Garrison CO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I recently retired my old set of ANH stunt, and my “Detactment Affiliation” marked me as “Retired”.

But I still have a valid Stromtrooper Comannder set as my primary costume, and ANH Hero.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, NoVATie said:

Arthur, have you reached out to the Legion Web Master?  Or through your GML to have them see if they can rectify your status?

I asked our GML and did a little digging on the 501st Forum, which points me to the Detachment.

It seems this is handle through the Detachment, but to be honest I am a bit lost (so our GML said too).

This is the thread I found on the 501st Forum:

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=98625&p=1239067&hilit=detachment+affiliation#p1239067

Any help appreciated! Thanks!