What is detachment affiliation, and why is my info not correct?

OK, it happens.  You look at your Legion profile and it shows that your detachment affiliation to FISD is pending, or otherwise incorrect.  Why does this happen, and what is detachment affiliation anyway, and what will FISD do about it?

The answer is that detachment affiliation is only ever used once a year, and for one purpose.  The only time the Legion ever uses it for anything is to determine who can run for DL and who can vote in detachment elections. That's it.  Otherwise it is pretty much ignored and not used for anything.

The process of validating detachment membership is cumbersome and time consuming because people use different email information between their Legion and detachment logins, and that there is no way to bulk update the rosters.  For a small detachment it is not a big deal to do this manually, but for a detachment the size of FISD with hundreds and soon thousands of 501st members, it's impossible.

Fortunately we have technical folk both on FISD and in the Legion web team.  Once a year they take a feed from FISD's database and do a bulk update on the Legion database.  This occurs right before the election cycle starts and is done once per year.

Also NOTE:

*NOTE: Make sure you log into the forum at least once through a website and NOT through TapaTalk, as sometimes it does not register the login as a true login.

Pro tips:

1) Ensure the email address you use on the Legion & FISD boards are the exact same.

2) Ensure that your FISD profile has the correct TKID.

3) IMPORTANT!  You MUST be in the right security group.  It should be "501st Stormtrooper" in order for the automated system to pull you over.    This thread is where you get your detachment access updated. 

4) If after the bulk update is complete and your profile is still not updated, and you are 100% sure your info is in sync between the two boards, then ask for to the Legion web team.  They should get feedback on why this isn't working.

5) If all else fails, ping the FISD staff.  Which basically means that we'll simply tell the 501st web team to bulk approve everyone :)

Whew! Hope that answers everyone's questions!

http://i.imgur.com/AsVHyev.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
updated text
  • Like 1

My primary costume if ANH TK and I my detachment listing looks like this:

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (Pending)
Imperial Officer Corps (Approved)

It has always looked like this. My FISD affiliation has never changed.  I asked about it a long time ago and it did not change, so I quit worrying about it...

Well if you want to vote, I'd make sure it gets fixed when the next batch update is run.

@Daetrin Is there an estimated date, so people know when to come back here and notify that it didn't work?

The Oracle is mysterious, and while I can perform the ritual and attend the sacrifices, it's beyond the ken of men to know when they will choose to intercede.

• Like 5

1. The membership databases have already been locked down to prevent the adding of new members or change in activity status. These require intervention by Legion Command. However, GMLs can still add new costumes to the profiles of existing members.

So if my status is still (Pending) am I out of luck?

Nope.  I'm talking to the Legion web team now.  If they can't do it the right way, I'll just ask them to bulk approve everyone.  It is not possible for us to reconcile this manually anymore.

• Like 1

I am in communication with the Legion web team.  Their script is broken and we hope to have it fixed tomorrow. It will certainly be fixed in time for voting.

3 minutes ago, Shanester said:

It wasn't fixed and I cannot vote within my detachment. The detachment that gets 90% of my Legion attention.

Ditto.

When they said it would be fixed prior to voting, did they mean prior to the vote closing?  

Hi team. 

Just seen that my email adress was slightly different on FISD and 501st profile. (gmail vs googlemail), hence my approval pending. I’ve just changed it but don’t want to miss the voting. 

Please let me know if I should make further actions to get this sorted. 

Many thanks,

Dan

That is what they tell me.  The FISD XO is an LCOG.  Our primary sysadmin is the LMO.  There is no higher authority to appeal to.  I'll ping 'em again and see what they say.

If you really want to agitate, you can PM them @Tolo and @Darth Aloha.

Some of been manually processed - everyone on this thread at least.  If it's truly bad, do ping the LMO team.  They are the only ones who can bulk update.

• Like 3