Ripper_L Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

Ripper_L

Hi all!

After two years having it laying around, I finally accomplished to finish my Anovos TK kit. Please have a look on it and enjoy or - if necessary - correct. :)
I've also worked on the Anovos helmet, slightly trimmed the eyes, repainted the teeth, cleaned the frown, changed the Mic Tips and screws.
Please have a look on my DLT-19 if it's Centurion usable.

Best Regards,

Danny

TK-55550

INFORMATION:

1. First/last name:
    Christoph Daniel Lauber
  2. (Future) Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area:
    German Garrison / Custodes Euroi Squad (SESQ) / Bavaria
  3. Armor maker:
    Anovos
  4. Helmet maker:
    Anovos
  5. Cloth belt maker:
    Selfmade
  6. Neckseal maker:
    Anovos
  7. Boot maker:
    Imperialboots
  8. Blaster maker:
    MercSupplyShop
  9. Gasket maker:
    Trooper Undersuit from Odlo (Ski Underwear)
  10. Height:
    179cm
  11. Weight:
    ~68kg
  12. TK type:
    ANH Stunt
  13. Name of any Troopers who significantly helped:
    TK-55550 :D

PHOTOS:

1. Front view (arms down)
    image.jpeg

2. Back view (arms down)
    image.jpeg

3. Left side (arms raised)
    image.jpeg

4. Right side (arms raised)
    image.jpeg

5. Ab plate close-up
    image.jpeg

6. Helmet close-up front
    image.jpeg

7. Helmet close-up right
    image.jpeg

8. Helmet close-up left
    image.jpeg

9. Detail photos of any parts you have questions on
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

10. Interior Strapping
    image.jpeg

=============================================

Have a nice day :)

• Like 1

Neither did the guys on set :D

So I don't want it perfectly clean.

Reference here:

image.png

But thanks for the suggestion! :)
Open for more constructive answers like yours ;)

Great job on the build Danny!  I’m looking on my phone right now so it is a little fuzzy but is that a gap on the bottom of the left thigh?  If that is a gap, is there anyway to try and close that up a little more?  I don’t see if effecting any approval but my eyes went almost right to it.   Again great job!

1 minute ago, starsaber25 said:

Great job on the build Danny!  I’m looking on my phone right now so it is a little fuzzy but is that a gap on the bottom of the left thigh?  If that is a gap, is there anyway to try and close that up a little more?  I don’t see if effecting any approval but my eyes went almost right to it.   Again great job!

yes there's a little gap, but the only thing I could do is to glue something behind it and fill it with ABS paste. Which is a lot of efford for a small gap.

I was looking at reference pictures and found a guy with an even worse gap there :lol:

image.png

I'd prefer to not have this gap, but there is no way, I could open the thigh again without damaging it. I glued it with CA glue.

Yes, nice build on this. As said above I would just close the gap on the leg also. Remember you wont be able to go off of everything from the screen pictures for the 501st (we have cleaned some thing up). Also, this will take time for wearing, how is it walking? You may just want to cut the top back of the tights down a little. It will make it much easier walking in your armor (that's just a comfort statement). Nice job though!

It looks great. I'm glad you fixed that gap. That particular scene you referenced isn't the best, as far as being a measuring stick for our armor goes... if I'm not mistaken, the same trooper's entire right arm configuration begins to fall off by the end of the scene. I've always wondered what was going on, on the set that day.

1 hour ago, Ripper_L said:

Looking forward to it, but I'm still waiting on my EIB approval :D

Could take a little while longer, there is still a backlog from the festive season break ;) 

• Like 1

You look fantastic.  Closing the gap is a must have for me as a GML.  Remember in ANH there are a lot of costume flubs, and leaving it open falls too far on the prop replication and outside of the costuming club we are.

Personally I'd ask to trim out the eyes as well.  Looking good for a second on the screen in '77 is not the same as looking good from 3' away in '18