Blaze462's AP ANH stunt build(first)

Blaze462

28 minutes ago, Blaze462 said:

Ok. Gonna give this a try. I did get the trimmed helmet from AP, but here is my finished bucket. f5f328afea61681762b5d1a25ca26dde.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks great, Mike!  The only thing I would add is some white paint (weathering) to the tips of the Hovi Mics.  Keep up the great work!

I was getting ready to do a final measure and cut for the ab to kidney section.   I haven't seen specifics as to how this is supposed to fit your body.  How tight should this be?  Is there a certain amount of space you should have between the top of the ab and your chest area?  Simply cut it to where it is comfortable, yet not excess gaps?   I can probably cut my AP armor on the movie correct lines and have it fit, but I don't want to short myself.

5 minutes ago, Blaze462 said:

Is there a certain amount of space you should have between the top of the ab and your chest area? 

So, just to be clear, the chest piece is intended to overlap the ab.  You shouldn't need to be trimming the top of the ab past the rough trim lines. 

As far as fitting, I try to use the "two fingers" rule.  If you can fit two fingers between your body and armor, you should be fine.  That said, I'm a big believer in sizing things a touch large - you can always trim later or add foam padding to help fit - this allows for some weight gain from time to time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

So, just to be clear, the chest piece is intended to overlap the ab.  You shouldn't need to be trimming the top of the ab past the rough trim lines. 

As far as fitting, I try to use the "two fingers" rule.  If you can fit two fingers between your body and armor, you should be fine.  That said, I'm a big believer in sizing things a touch large - you can always trim later or add foam padding to help fit - this allows for some weight gain from time to time.

Yes.  I should have said between the ab return edge and your body.  Thank for your response.  I figured I didn't want to make it too tight to allow future expansion...of myself.

• Like 1