Blaze462's AP ANH stunt build(first)

Blaze462

Well, I'm just another noob feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the information to sift through here.  Also, I just put in my order with Mark from AP and he said it can ship out Wednesday!  Now I'm scrambling around trying to make sure I get supplies in time to start building when BBB day comes all too soon.  I know that I can do this, and it seems that everyone here is very helpful.  This will also be my first time writing or posting to any boards, so bear with me if I stumble a bit.  I have been through many of the prior AP builds and am both excited and anxious for the journey ahead.  Thanks in advance for all help an advice.

I have also noticed that TK boots seems to be going out of business.  Is there another source for quality boots?...preferably leather, but not absolutely necessary.

Mike

Thanks Dan.  I'm hoping to have my build mostly, if not all done by then, so it would be nice to have a pair of boots.  It looks like they have a great product, but shipping may take up to an additional 30 days once they open again in March.  May still order a pair, but I would like to have something sooner.

Are there any opinions on the boots from Etsy? I know they are faux leather, but are they a quality boot?  Just looking for something to use in the meantime.

Nope, those forums are only for people who are already members. Some guy in Malaysia selling a pair, you are better off getting a pair from ImperialBoots or TKBoots (IF they still have your size in stock, email them to check).

Well, I just got a tracking number form Mark at AP and my kit should be here in less than a week!  Things are moving quicker than I expected.  I have proceeded to gather build supplies and some of the soft parts and accessories.  Even with contacting my local garrison, I'm still at a stand still for boots.  With that said, I'm definitely looking forward to BBB day and getting started!

• Like 1

I have read so many posts talking about BBB day, but it has finally happened to me!   My AP kit from Mark arrived yesterday.  I'm ashamed to admit that once I decided to do a build and started to research, I had to do a search and find out what "BBB" meant.  I know now!  Very excited to get started.

BBB.thumb.jpg.8269eedd362e88317db36ec11c250a9a.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats on your BBB!!  I have AP armor as well and I'm very happy with it.  Yeah, this site is very helpful and there are many,very knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help you with your build... but the acronyms do take a while to sort out.  :D

• Like 1

I have read so many posts talking about BBB day, but it has finally happened to me!   My AP kit from Mark arrived yesterday.  I'm ashamed to admit that once I decided to do a build and started to research, I had to do a search and find out what "BBB" meant.  I know now!  Very excited to get started.

BBB.thumb.jpg.8269eedd362e88317db36ec11c250a9a.jpg

I still don’t know what half the stuff means but congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Nothing better than a BBB, do your research before you trim, measure twice and cut once and don't be afraid to ask questions, there are no silly questions, just silly mistakes from not asking them. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I am following you and Wook on your builds.  I have also looked at most of the others that you mentioned.  It is good to know that there is a seemingly endless supply of support and help here.  I will definitely be posting pics and questions.  I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've been trying all weekend to post but have had no luck.

Initially I was asking myself where I should begin like everyone else.  I decided to start with the TD since it's only a few parts and if I really screwed something up, it would be an easy item to replace.  It at least got me cutting some ABS! 

2 hours ago, Blaze462 said:

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I am following you and Wook on your builds.  I have also looked at most of the others that you mentioned.  It is good to know that there is a seemingly endless supply of support and help here.  I will definitely be posting pics and questions.  I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've been trying all weekend to post but have had no luck.

Initially I was asking myself where I should begin like everyone else.  I decided to start with the TD since it's only a few parts and if I really screwed something up, it would be an easy item to replace.  It at least got me cutting some ABS! 

There was an issue with forum access over the last few days, but all seems good now, post away.

Well, I finished my first piece!  I painted the tube gray and had to cut some off to get the length right.  It's just under the 7.5" or 190mm that is shown on ukswrath's build thread.  I have seen where it's been said that it doesn't have to be exact, so I hope that it's good up to centurion.  Only a couple mm off.  If anybody sees anything that I may need to improve or fix, please let me know.

TD_3.jpg.f80b456946475b571f2dd6bb3cd72455.jpgTD_2.jpg.5aa71e57227cdfe84e68c2116d62fea6.jpg

TD_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
For some reason, I cannot post, so unfortunately I cannot show pics of my progress.  Still trying though.

Are you using the website or a third party? The forum website doesn’t allow you to post pictures of a certain sizes.

Yea the forum doesn’t hold much. Most people use third party. I use tapatalk, others use Imgur (using the direct link option). It’s all preference but those are two sites that’ll give you free easy access.