TK-23462 requesting EIB Status, ANH TK Stunt(AP) [798]

Greetings,

Please find the required application information below:

Name : Alban Meadows

Garrison : Tyranus

TK ID : 23462

FISD/Forum ID : beamishgunn

501st Profile Page : https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=22474

Armor Maker = Authentic Props (AP)

Helmet Maker = Authentic Props (AP)

Blaster Type = ANH Hyperfirm

Height : 5ft 11in

Weight : 195lbs

Boot Maker = Imperial Boots, Classic 421

Canvas belt = Authentic Props (AP)

Hand Plates Type = ABS

Electronics = Ukswrath

Neck Seal Type = Stormtrooper Undersuit

Holster Maker = Blmt1138 (ebay)

Master Armorer = Fabrice Jouglas (TK3376)

Full Body

Front – Arms along side

f51700131e2cbf760c8457f55e8848b3.jpg

Back – Arms along side

b922d5145c51db2fb6fd3939e2e6ccdc.jpg

Bucket off

46ff19780e0acd1c320695f8da8ad53a.jpg

Left side – Arm raised

3874649052926d387b85ebe6ccb8cdd8.jpg

Right – Arm raised

52210f6650317e9b46b2d4d4460da94e.jpg

Right Side Detail – Arm raised

59593c9921c624fe051f1e40bdf51603.jpg

Left Side Detail – Arm raised

7a3b54a9b5b185e5aeefa602270136e1.jpg

Abdomen details

e4157b3b58e0a6da3ddf5d92f5b52f9d.jpg

Action shot

65fb4bc4472a849e843b8e8cfaf52a14.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

75df9ce39847e960f3016dba41f85e34.jpg

Interior Strapping

7f9bf0c613775f8b88a933714c67c812.jpg

Helmet Details

Front

2468e16ccba85533651e43d834787303.jpg

Side

737ddbef0e6e504e9cdf7c5504bbc8ff.jpg

Back

2f4f1de211af015a63c14ced7eac0721.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

0ccf47d59a018c2bc1486d59c34086e9.jpg

Lens Color

afe6204d56f62a3c93836b0b0c6d5575.jpg

Blaster Details

Blaster – Left

1b9b27733f00fccf7e9eb38a88fe9d13.jpg

Blaster – Right

6a25d2b5421dd83192b32763770bd8d1.jpg

Blaster - D-Ring

44a41dab3309e7c3d60cddca3944a3df.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal

eb715b65aebe5181fb74e99acb165e61.jpg

Holster attachment

1fa9967d116c2f2df14ee0703a60227a.jpg

Belt

2d9dd37b690757823edd53b001385ad1.jpg

Detonator

0630a56bf0bf6167e35fb88bf9487cdf.jpg

Let me know if you need any additional information!

Regards,

Alban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work, I would advise trying to bring up those thighs a little, will reduce the gap between them and you cod, also give you a little more room around the knees ;).

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

Nice work, I would advise trying to bring up those thighs a little, will reduce the gap between them and you cod, also give you a little more room around the knees ;).

Good luck with approval

Roger that! I need to work on the legs....Army’s deformed my poor little body!
;-)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, beamishgunn said:

Quick Q?
Is there anything we need to do in order to get into the approval queue?
I may have missed a step!

Hang tight as there is a backlog since the festive season break and our DO's are trying to get through as fast as they can :D 

• Like 1

Hang tight as there is a backlog since the festive season break and our DO's are trying to get through as fast as they can  

Thanks for the heads up, Sir!
Good of you!

:-)

• Like 1

Not too much longer to wait Alban, I promise, thank you for your patience.

Hey Sly!

No worries, Sir!

All for a Good Cause and to please the Emperor!!!! ;-)

Regards from Virginia!!!

@

G'day Alban thank you for your EIB application and your patience as we catch up, so let's have a look. 
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted, and your armour meets all the necessary requirements for level 2. With that Tony and myself would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry, congratulations :salute: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

We can see your a stocky guy and you have done a great job to get this armour to fit. We do have some  minor things that  are simply dressing issues, so some adjustments, a mirror and an assistant will get you looking in the best shape you can.

In the below image I have highlighted the areas and will give some explanations as how things should sit and look.

I will add the reference images below your images.

Shoulder Bells: the tops of these should virtually, if not touch the plastic shoulder bridges. Perhaps shortening the top connecting straps will bring them in. It will also reduce the gap between the front of the bells and the chest plate

Fore arm position:  The forearm outer cover strip, needs to line up with the bicep center cover strip , this will bring the scalloped out section to the inner bend of the elbow or facing your fore arm. In turn the dimples on the back of the forearms will now face out instead of to the back of the arms.

Thigh position:  your thighs are sitting to low as mentioned by one of your fellow troopers. these can come up an inch or so and will stop the bottoms from sitting directly on top of your shins. Should also give you a bit more flexibility to bend the knee

Shin rotation: one last adjustment from the front, would be to rotate the sniper shin outwards so the cover strips line up with the thigh cover strip. That shin is also sitting higher and should come down to the same level as the other.

dMB3b7I.jpg

Shoulder bell reference image

image.png.971c67218a1cb04af58a5adf612ecd06.png

Fore arm position reference

image.png.e977d8ece71aad3064a251d4316fc3f7.png

As we move around to the back there are a 3  things that can easily be remedied so lets look at those.

Gap between Back and Kidney plate:  When looking at your internal strapping, i think we can see why you are getting the separation. Replacing those 2 narrow elastic straps with some wider elastic and also moving those outwards a little will give you the added strength and less stretch hopefully stopping the gap occurring. If you can get them sitting on top of each other, that would be perfect.

Butt plate popping out:  Moving the outer 2 elastic straps closer to the ends and again, using wider elastic will also reduce the amount it will pop out at the end.

Rear cover strip sizing:  The shin cover strips should be virtually the same width as the rear thigh cover strips. Not sure why you needed to make both of them so wide as the thighs look to fit well, but the shin strips do look way too big.

Brde6Rn.jpg

3bLN1Iw.jpg

Ear screws: The top two screws look to be correct, the bottom screw is a dome head rather than the above flt blade tapered head. this one will need to be replaced.

jcX2vxS.jpg

Thermal Detonator screws:

This is one of those nice to have things that we like to see for a Centurion application.

The correct type of screws to use are flat blade pan head  variety, and they should be painted black for that ultimate look.

DeIqydx.jpg

Reference Image.

image.png.fd0c67e0a011d8fe505614e0ee1c5e22.png

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos are requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Great work on those side shims Alban, all you need to do to get them Centurion level is to only have one seam on each side. Filling that second seam with ABS paste is the way to go about it. There are a few examples and threads here on the forums.

As stated in the CRL for level 3

For level three certification:

• A single visible seam line is present.

f1b5Xhd.jpg

Drop Box alignment:  It looks as though your drop boxes may slide around a little from some of your images. These need to sit inline with the very ends on the plastic ammo belt

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

A small dab of glue or even adhesive Velcro will keep these from moving inwards, so they always sit in the perfect spot.

EUaskif.jpg

Reference image

image.png.45e89f73707515610eedac20a5c74577.png

That is it my friend, Congratulation on your EI award, make your adjustments and modification, follow the Centurion photo check list and we hope to see an Centurion application from you in the future great job trooper :salute:

• Like 1

G'day Alban thank you for your EIB application and your patience as we catch up, so let's have a look. 
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted, and your armour meets all the necessary requirements for level 2. With that Tony and myself would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry, congratulations :salute: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections.

We can see your a stocky guy and you have done a great job to get this armour to fit. We do have some  minor things that  are simply dressing issues, so some adjustments, a mirror and an assistant will get you looking in the best shape you can.

In the below image I have highlighted the areas and will give some explanations as how things should sit and look.

I will add the reference images below your images.

Shoulder Bells: the tops of these should virtually, if not touch the plastic shoulder bridges. Perhaps shortening the top connecting straps will bring them in. It will also reduce the gap between the front of the bells and the chest plate

Fore arm position:  The forearm outer cover strip, needs to line up with the bicep center cover strip , this will bring the scalloped out section to the inner bend of the elbow or facing your fore arm. In turn the dimples on the back of the forearms will now face out instead of to the back of the arms.

Thigh position:  your thighs are sitting to low as mentioned by one of your fellow troopers. these can come up an inch or so and will stop the bottoms from sitting directly on top of your shins. Should also give you a bit more flexibility to bend the knee

Shin rotation: one last adjustment from the front, would be to rotate the sniper shin outwards so the cover strips line up with the thigh cover strip. That shin is also sitting higher and should come down to the same level as the other.

dMB3b7I.jpg
Shoulder bell reference image

image.png.971c67218a1cb04af58a5adf612ecd06.png

Fore arm position reference
image.png.e977d8ece71aad3064a251d4316fc3f7.png
As we move around to the back there are a 3  things that can easily be remedied so lets look at those.
Gap between Back and Kidney plate:  When looking at your internal strapping, i think we can see why you are getting the separation. Replacing those 2 narrow elastic straps with some wider elastic and also moving those outwards a little will give you the added strength and less stretch hopefully stopping the gap occurring. If you can get them sitting on top of each other, that would be perfect.

Butt plate popping out:  Moving the outer 2 elastic straps closer to the ends and again, using wider elastic will also reduce the amount it will pop out at the end.

Rear cover strip sizing:  The shin cover strips should be virtually the same width as the rear thigh cover strips. Not sure why you needed to make both of them so wide as the thighs look to fit well, but the shin strips do look way too big.

Brde6Rn.jpg

3bLN1Iw.jpg

Ear screws: The top two screws look to be correct, the bottom screw is a dome head rather than the above flt blade tapered head. this one will need to be replaced.
jcX2vxS.jpg

Thermal Detonator screws:
This is one of those nice to have things that we like to see for a Centurion application.
The correct type of screws to use are flat blade pan head  variety, and they should be painted black for that ultimate look.

DeIqydx.jpg

Reference Image.
image.png.fd0c67e0a011d8fe505614e0ee1c5e22.png
Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos are requested that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Great work on those side shims Alban, all you need to do to get them Centurion level is to only have one seam on each side. Filling that second seam with ABS paste is the way to go about it. There are a few examples and threads here on the forums.
As stated in the CRL for level 3
For level three certification:
  • A single visible seam line is present.
f1b5Xhd.jpg

Drop Box alignment:  It looks as though your drop boxes may slide around a little from some of your images. These need to sit inline with the very ends on the plastic ammo belt
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.
A small dab of glue or even adhesive Velcro will keep these from moving inwards, so they always sit in the perfect spot.
EUaskif.jpg
Reference image
image.png.45e89f73707515610eedac20a5c74577.png
That is it my friend, Congratulation on your EI award, make your adjustments and modification, follow the Centurion photo check list and we hope to see an Centurion application from you in the future great job trooper :salute:

Thank you so much for that and the time spent reviewing my application!

I’m over the moon!!!!!!!

Big shout out and thanks to Fabrice Jouglas for his unwavering support and expert advice!

Salute!

Alban

• Like 2

Good job, Alban. Another great looking trooper added to the EIB ranks. :duim:

Thanks Mate, proud to be in!!!

Let me know if you need anything from VA!!!!

Regards,

Alban

Congratulations Alban and welcome to the ranks of EIB, a few minor tweaks and we will be seeing you in Centurion. Nice one

Thank you, Sir!!!!

Yes, that’ll be the next challenge!!!

Pleasant week to ya!

Alban

• Like 1