GOAL ACHIEVED: FISD Servers are Moving, and We need your Support

Daetrin

We can no longer continue hosting FISD on our current server and will be moving.  Most likely, the FISD server will be run by the Legion web team and the FISD team will just be responsible for keeping the software up to date.   We give up a little bit in terms of independence, but we gain much in terms of performance and support.  I'm finalizing the details with  our current server admins Eric (Darth Aloha) and Mathias (Locitus) this month. One other change is that it will mean instead of collecting funds for ourselves, the call for monetary support will go to the Legion.

When FISD first started Greg (V'Pier) was our server admin, then I took over those duties for a bit, then it got to be too much.  As we always need at least two server admins (a primary and a backup), I truly think long term having the Legion's web team manage the servers centrally could be the best long term action.

In any event, there will be some downtime when we move servers, which we have to do one way or another.  Stay tuned!

For 2018, we still need to pay our last bill, and our share of the bill (which runs Aug 2017-Aug 2018) is $816.53.   

Please paypal to feibao@gmail.com (me) and I'll put a "stop" when we've reached that amount.

For your kind contribution you will receive a supporters badge.   txjPGBP.png

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2

PLEASE remember everyone to send it as a gift.  Else a portion of your hard earned $$ goes to PayPal fees.