Charlie’s ANH TK WTF build

95% finished my bucket been dreading starting on the rest of the armor seems so daunting LOL.. Maned up today started on the forearms needing some reassurance watched trooperbay videos and had no return edge whatsoever looking at other pics on this site see some with return edges.. CRL states no return edge inside front forearm.. added my pics so I should cut and sand up to my pencil marks? I know this been asked million times makes me nervous!! Thanks

75445c696ddd70e8ef861cbd8487756e.jpgd56ad48106b1a18360f6aabf7898f571.jpg4d99bbc20f3df59f24968f232a9b0214.jpg1e6bbf81fad568c373e6b26e27549019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to worry, easier said than done I know but you can do this and everyone here is ready to help :salute: as for your question, forearm-return edges - for Centurion there can’t be any on the wrist-ends, other than that it’s up to personal preference (look, comfort, mobility) having returns gives the armor the illusion of beeing thicker so my advise would be to remove all at the wrist (for Centurion and comfort) inside elbow (for comfort and mobility) and leave some on the outside elbow (for the look) and - all of it is screen accurate :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

No need to worry, easier said than done I know but you can do this and everyone here is ready to help :salute: as for your question, forearm-return edges - for Centurion there can’t be any on the wrist-ends, other than that it’s up to personal preference (look, comfort, mobility) having returns gives the armor the illusion of beeing thicker so my advise would be to remove all at the wrist (for Centurion and comfort) inside elbow (for comfort and mobility) and leave some on the outside elbow (for the look) and - all of it is screen accurate :)

Thanks for the quick reply!! Work on them some more tomorrow, not finding a lot of WTF pics to go by making me super nervous LOL

• Like 1

Depends how they sit on your forearm and whether they will pinch when you bend your arm. I suggest trimming your fronts, leave a bit extra material on the rear ends and once assembled see how they feel on, you can always take off more material.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scscubadiver1 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!! Work on them some more tomorrow, not finding a lot of WTF pics to go by making me super nervous LOL

I don’t have WTF but this is how mine looks like (the right one) and like stated above don’t just cut away...think, look att pics, look at CRL, ask questions, think some more and decide what works for you and start by cutting a little at a time, wrist-ends however just go ahead and cut and easiest is to cut from the inside and sand the edges smooth... unless you really want to feel like you were on the set ready to start filming - then just cut and leave as is:duim: 

QenRNTZ.jpg

M33iiup.jpg

4FQFhQy.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 2

I don’t have WTF but this is how mine looks like (the right one) and like stated above don’t just cut away...think, look att pics, look at CRL, ask questions, think some more and decide what works for you and start by cutting a little at a time, wrist-ends however just go ahead and cut and easiest is to cut from the inside and sand the edges smooth... unless you really want to feel like you were on the set ready to start filming - then just cut and leave as is:duim: 
QenRNTZ.jpg
M33iiup.jpg
4FQFhQy.jpg

Perfect, pics help a lot also a good angle give me an idea what to shoot for!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It´s prefered to use Canon size cover strips, 15mm arms (front/back), 20mm thighs (front/back) and shins 20 front/25 back. That is not always possible and then the size needed to make the armor fit is the right size and then it`s prefered to use a smaller size close to Canon in the front and go bigger in the back. When sizing up your armor start on the front and see if Canon size is right for you and the cover strip idealy hides the raised edge (all of the flat surface) but not going over it. So..if you can use a 15mm cover strip then you cut 7.5 mm from each edge. To conclude - If you follow trooperbay you`re in good hands :salute: 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...