Just saw Clone Wars

Tech151

Just saw clone wars, and it was a lot better than i expected! Can't wait to see some new costumes come from it! Lot's of white armor in the movie albeit clones, but hey, R2-KT was definitely there as well.

Heh, I've had mixed feelings about going and seeing it. I probably will at some point, but for now I haven't made up my mind (unless someone wants to make a date of it! ;D ).

And yeah, I'm looking forward to the 3D remakes of the six films and the live action series if just for the new outfit options we'll all have. They might also use more of the obscure ones we have little or no reference for!

Going to be trooping at the opening of it tonight and tomorrow and seeing the movie both days! Really looking forward to it! :trooper:

Just saw it tonight with the kids, great film but the only complaint is about the beggining. At first i thought it was a trailer but then i/we relised it was actually the start.

Ā 

Capt Rex :duim:

I saw it, and I thought it was well done. I went to see it with an open mind. Sure it had that element in it for the kids, but the battles were serious, and I loved the fact that they showed the troopers in (most) all of their glory (you see troopers going hand-to-hand in some cases with the enemy!). But yeah, I loved watching the clones fight, and the story wasn't half bad either. I give it a thumbs up. Like I said, sometimes to enjoy stuff like this, you just have to be accepting and enjoy it for what it is, not try and compare it on the same level as the other Star Wars films.

I drug my art team out to see it today at lunch. I thought it was great. When I came out of the theater there was a guy in Captain Rex armor in the lobby. It was pretty good. The helmet was a painted up hasbro. I didn't even think to take a picture. Duh! I'm taking the kids to see it again on Sunday.

I saw it today. My boss took us to see it. I hate to admit this but I was falling asleep about 3/4 way thru it. I was really tired though so it was not the movie. I think it is better than the other animated star wars movies.

i saw it today too. incase no one else noticed on the side of a couple of the ships there was a huge picture of a fem trooper. does this mean they are cannon now. should they be ok in the 501st. like as a tx or something

Ā 

I noticed that aswell and that thought did cross my mind

Well i'm pretty sure in order for it to be considered canon and accepted by the 501st, their needs to be at least 3 movie, book, comic, action figure, etc. type of sources. However, there is a better thread for the discussion of fem troopers :D

Ā 

Ā 

I loved the movie, didn't like the animation. I can't wait to make a Capt. Rex just to have the pistol blasters. That was bad an impolite person. Hell even Cody looked savage. The armor is sweet to. So now I think I'm going to have to make a normal TK, then a TD or Capt. Rex. too many choices!

I noticed it too, but I wouldn't worry about it. It was only a painting, I doubt that in movie artwork is going to be considered costume canon material.

Ā 

Hey Andy, did you end up trooping at the opening?

I saw it last night. The action and the clones are awesome. We get real down and dirty in the fighting, Geonosis has nothing on these battles. Rex is a true bad-an impolite person, as is Cody.

Ā 

There is no Jar Jar, but something close.

Ā 

I really liked it, it's not an A+ but it really opens up A LOT of very interesting possibilities for the TV Series. Things can only get better, and I think the TV show will be A+ material.

I've seen it twice already- both trooping events, so that was cool. I liked it, quite a bit, actually. The opening drove me crazy as did some of the dialogue ,"Sky-guy" anyone? I though some of the humor was great, the Jawas and the Battle droids, in particular. I liked the other animation series, in some ways, better but both are still part of the SW mythology so I HAVE to like all of it ;-) Would love it if the live-action TV show is something along the lines of BSG- that would KICK a very impolite person!

I actually heard there is something worse or equal too being as annoying as JAr-Jar

Ā 

Ā 

I can't stand Jar-Jar, but while watching the movie i can honestly say there isn't a main character, an Important Character or anyone notable enough to have a repeat appearance in this release that is as annoying as Jar Jar.

Great movie. I went in with an open mind, and really enjoyed it. I laughed alot, there were some pretty comedic moments. I now am looking forward to the tv series more.

Ā 

R2-KT was a great addition. Overall, definitely worth going to see.

Ā 

(I think it's a positive that I do love cgi work, so I think that made it more enjoyable to see. Oh and the femtroopers...that was great.)

Hey Andy, did you end up trooping at the opening?

Unfortunately not. I drove all of the way back from Los Angeles to find out that the person in charge of setting up the event only contacted the theater 3 days prior. When that failed, he contacted another theater 2 days prior.

Ā 

Oh well.