Troopermaster vs RS

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I hope this topic hasnt been diskussed so far. I'm looking for a ANH Stunt armor and I think it would be best to buy RS or TM armor. Both armors look great, RS offers a very nice bundle with including the underwear, necksal, boots, blaster etc.This offer is great, it would save me lots of shipping costs. TM, as far as I know doesnt offer a bundle including soft parts and a blaster. The only problem for me is the look of the RS helmet. I found some close up pictures of it and the top of the helmet looks really "bubbly". The TM helmet looks smooth on top and in my opinion much better. Whats your experience with these armors? Which one would you recommend? Thx :)

RS.jpg

TM.jpg

It's mostly about personal preference. Both are really nice.

If you don't like the "warts 'n all" (which comes from being cast from an original suit that had the same "issues") look of RS, go with TM. 

• Like 1

Hi Elmar,

As Mathias said, they are both nice in their own way, just boils down to personal preference. 

Just to ensure a fair comparison though; I'm pretty sure the RS picture that you have posted above was a fully painted lid (beautifully recreating a screen used lid) made of HPDE. The ones that they sell are still bumpy (as per the screen used lids) but would not look quite as 'used' as the one you've pictured and are made of white ABS or PVC. 

Perhaps check out a few of the RS Propmasters build threads on here for pics of production helmets. 

BTW, either way you're going to end up with an awesome set of armour!!! :-)

Best wishes,

Dan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ego Sum said:

Maybe a stupid question, but would it be possible to combine a RS armor with a TM helmet? Do the colours match?

Yes you can. And don't worry too much about the colour. The ANH suits weren't matching either.

• Like 1

TM does excellent work, all my armor is from him.  He can bundle it all together too, bodysuit, strapping, gloves, everything. Paul is a pleasure to deal with.  I highly recommend him. 

4 hours ago, Ego Sum said:

Did anyone ever try to combine the TM helmet and the RS armour? Maybe anyone has pictures of them combined?

There used to be this until photobucket lost their mind. Maybe you can ask him about it?

If you order from RS you have a six week turnaround , and can request a smooth helmet from them as they have a mould for people who don't like the movie accurate look . 

Unfortunately I don't know TMs timescale .

Hope this helps. 

Thanks guys for your advice, you helped me a lot! RS does offers a smooth helmet and TM offers a whole bundle containing everything. I gotta say both of them are really nice and helpful! It‘s not easy for me to decide wheter to buy RS or TM. There‘s one more thing I want to ask: TM offers a 2mm ABS acrylic capped armor. Whats the difference between this one and the 1,5mm gloss ABS?

Edited by Ego Sum

So don’t hesitate with either of these purchases. You are buying the top of the line with either one of these. 

The difference between the acrylic capped and regular ABS is the acrylic capped is a very shiny bright white. The ABS is white but not as white. Also the regular ABS is more flexible and the acrylic capped is more ridged. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ego Sum said:

Thanks guys for your advice, you helped me a lot! RS does offers a smooth helmet and TM offers a whole bundle containing everything. I gotta say both of them are really nice and helpful! It‘s not easy for me to decide wheter to buy RS or TM. There‘s one more thing I want to ask: TM offers a 2mm ABS acrylic capped armor. Whats the difference between this one and the 1,5mm gloss ABS?

Pros/Cons, the capped is more durable but harder to repair (no ABS paste option to fill in gaps/oopsies when building), should be more resistant to yellowing, but less flexible and harder to cut/drill. Also shinier/whiter as Steve mentioned.