First question (probably of many)

TK32945 Waynocerous

Ok, so the waiting game begins. Doopys kit ordered along with T-Jays finishing kit (already shipped...the guy is a legend!) My first ever attempt at any kind of build other than Airfix kits or Lego! Might be in way over my head here! . Anyway, my first question is, other than the dremel and accessories, what else will I need in order to build the blaster? Might as well get it all together while I’m waiting for the kits to be delivered. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so the waiting game begins. Doopys kit ordered along with T-Jays finishing kit (already shipped...the guy is a legend!) My first ever attempt at any kind of build other than Airfix kits or Lego! Might be in way over my head here! . Anyway, my first question is, other than the dremel and accessories, what else will I need in order to build the blaster? Might as well get it all together while I’m waiting for the kits to be delivered. Thanks!

Hi,

you should have a look into the blaster reference. There you will find all needed information, yes, also about the tools you need.

This Blaster Reference Thread is pinned on the top of this blaster area.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hi mate,

Ask as many questions as you can! :-)

Here's a link to some of the main tools that I found helpful:

Not saying it covers all items, but quite a few of the most helpful ones. (Not sure if I mentioned in the list that a good vice is handy). 

Best wishes,

Dan :-)

• Like 1

Nice one, appreciate yr offer. I’ve been looking through a number of build threads this afternoon and apart from the lack of any DIY skills whatsoever, I think one of my biggest challenges will be to take my time and try not to rush any of the stages.

1 minute ago, Waynocerous said:

Nice one, appreciate yr offer. I’ve been looking through a number of build threads this afternoon and apart from the lack of any DIY skills whatsoever, I think one of my biggest challenges will be to take my time and try not to rush any of the stages.

Use the force, Wayne. 

---- oh wait, that's the other team!! ;)

• Like 2

Hey there Wayne,

Keep in mind when you do go about your build, hopefully in the near future, that if something should go wrong, you can always recover using 'green stuff'. You will have it as it comes with Tino's Completion Set you purchased. It's putty that sticks to the resin and dries hard. For example, while drilling my scope, I did it quite frantically and blew a large hole on a side wall. With a little green stuff and medium then fine sandpaper, all fixed.

That being said, it is always a little nerve racking when you set out on a task not familiar with; but the build community is here to lend a helping hand; just start a WIP - 'work in progress' thread so we can keep up with you.

cheers,

• Like 1

Absolutely! I’m nervous but looking forward to getting started! I was reading through yr WIP earlier and saw what happened to the scope..u did a great job rectifying it..nice work

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...