LTM's E-11 Frankenstein build

LTM

Lots of sanding and using a high build primer, first coat of silver paint is on. The end cap was a test of the black hammered paint. Can't find it in satin, so I will have to put a final coat over to tone down the semi-gloss.

FQH0NTS.jpg

• Like 2

Hollowed out the front opening in order to install the light board. Thought about installing it in the breech, but for this build will be easier to run the wires down the tube. 

NTH1jD7.jpg

5 minutes ago, LTM said:

Drilled a hole in the handle for the rumble motor

QFhwnTK.jpg

This here is an extremely insightful install capture Lou - thanks for sharing! I hadn't thought of installing the trigger lever as shown. It is less invasive and easier installation that what I thought up. Also, the rumble motor installed there may very well suffice as I thought I would have to get it located at the center of the grip.

Question: how much extra room or any will you be giving the rumble motor housing? Is the hole much wider than the motor or  just a little; I'm curious to understand if giving the rumble motor a little or allot of room makes any difference.

Thanks for sharing once again; you're build is coming along great, thanks for sharing.

Glad that I can help, just paying it forward as I am building my armor at the same time.

For the rumble motor, I am placing it high so that you feel it in between your thumb and finger. Just drilled a slightly larger hole, and placed the motor in it loose. This way it moves around a little bit in the hole and increases the affect (IMHO).

If you need other shots on how to mount the trigger and switch, let me know.

• Like 1

Your logic for where to place the rumble motor makes sense; it can really add to the sensation of firing, especially when mode is set to long shot. I'm good for mounting shots; I managed to get a hold of the Blaster Master install manual from a TK here on FISD. I have an excellent picture now, thanks for offering!

Edited by Dracotrooper
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

You logic for where to place the rumble motor makes sense; it can really add to the sensation of firing, especially when mode is set to long shot. I'm good for mounting shots; I managed to get a hold of the Blaster Master install manual from a TK here on FISD. I have an excellent picture now, thanks for offering!

For anyone else needing the manual (if just to get some ideas), here is the link from Master Blaster

https://www.dropbox.com/s/snajmo4wxtklq9w/UBER%20BLASTER%20KIT%20INSTRUCTIONS.pdf?dl=0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

Your power cylinder looks pristine! Interesting choice of back plate - profile E is not very common. Your blaster will stand out from the rest!

Nice eye! The whole thing is a miss-mash of parts and vendors I thought "why not". One day the t-tracks will come in and I can post completion pictures.

• Like 1