LTM's E-11 Frankenstein build

LTM

Building an E-11 with a Master-Blaster 3d, Doopy parts, Tino's upgrade kit, Lee's parts for BlastFx, and real SMG parts. Electronics from Master-Blaster and BlastFx. 

8 hours ago, Dracotrooper said:

Oh wow, the 3D version of the folding stock didn’t satisfy I gather. Great addition as it will add super realism, functionality and weight to the blaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3D would be fine, I just wanted something that would not break when be handled by kids. Blaster Master makes a great kit.

Very impressed with Master Blaster, the folding stock fits perfectly with the end cap. The front catch is a little loose, will have to make it a little more robust.

k0ORRbC.jpg

Replaced the ring with the brass one from the kit. Still need to sand, just test fitting as much I can before I start adding filler where needed.

s3B8IIF.jpg

Hey Guys, need help on the placement of the counter. I see that it should be at the centerline of the scope in height, but where does it line up fore and aft of the scope (IE How far forward does it go)?

Placement of the bracket, the rear leg of the scope is in line with the pivit point of the stock. The black bracket is what the counter would mount on (I just assume you drill through it when you have it placed like you want).

dxnER2U.jpg

This is my guess on counter placement

rucPmCI.jpg

8 minutes ago, LTM said:

Hey Guys, need help on the placement of the counter. I see that it should be at the centerline of the scope in height, but where does it line up fore and aft of the scope (IE How far forward does it go)? Placement of the bracket, the rear leg of the scope is in line with the pivit point of the stock. The black bracket is what the counter would mount on (I just assume you drill through it when you have it placed like you want).

Hey there Lou, the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference can be useful here. I took the liberty of putting together a collage for you, check it out. Hope it is helpful to you:

38912211414_a96dbf64e5_o.jpg

Your blaster is coming along beautifully by the way, and in speedy fashion! Happy building to you!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

Hey there Lou, the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference can be useful here. I took the liberty of putting together a collage for you, check it out. Hope it is helpful to you:

38912211414_a96dbf64e5_o.jpg

Your blaster is coming along beautifully by the way, and in speedy fashion! Happy building to you!

Thank you sir for that! I have been staring at so many pictures I could not see the tree through the forest. 

• Like 1

Just putting the chassis together before I do sanding and electronics. Will have one of the ultra cool displays from Paul in the scope.

Looking at the capacitors and the build threads (so many lost images, thanks again  PhotoB). 

I have the Doopy and Master Blaster, leaning towards the Doopy to be rebuilt with Tino's kit.

Vmotl2v.jpg

• Like 1

Not a fan of high high the T-track sits on the barrel, so time to modify.

oOCsdQc.jpg

Cut in two and use plastic card stock. Now after painting I can glue it to the barrel.

L0MpWSC.jpg

• Like 1

Adding the modified scope from Lee that will hold the BlastFX radar

ZPrbFkx.jpg

Cut off the end cap from the Doopy and removed some of the internal plastic. Will remove more later, this is just to rough in everything at this point.

Obr9TyQ.jpg

81VJKJN.jpg

Edited by LTM
space between pictures
  • Like 2

Found a template for making your own power cell, after reading on making everything will just go with the following from shapeways

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PCZQF8EBL/power-cell-assembly-2-with-4-resistors?optionId=59450143

Power Cell Assembly #2 with 4 Resistors 3d printed

Cut off the front of the scope for drilling out the lens area. 

i1Ez7LS.jpg

Went ahead and removed the molded on screws (drilled a pilot hole first) after drilling out the lens area. Will paint inside black.

MvReKJi.jpg

• Like 2

Drilled out the fake screws and created pilot holes

DdRb2A9.jpg

Added the screws from Tino's kit, ripped out the front part of the monical

GiYQftF.jpg

Installed

3qu6Ems.jpg

ozpT5UL.jpg

Edited by LTM
Added pic
  • Like 2