TK Pre-Approval Program Overview

2 hours ago, mjrose927 said:

Do you know where to find a good guide to build AP bucket?  I bought an AP bucket and am looking for detailed thread or video to put it together.  I appreciate any guidance.

How's it set up?  As in, how many pieces (main parts plus ear bars)?  I'd look through the build threads and find an armor maker with the same or similar set up, even if not AP, and see how they did it.  There's only really three or four ways to do it, so odds are some other maker build could also suffice.  

2 hours ago, mjrose927 said:

Do you know where to find a good guide to build AP bucket?  I bought an AP bucket and am looking for detailed thread or video to put it together.  I appreciate any guidance.

Always a good idea to have a look through the build sections for other AP builds, you can find a lot of info in those ;) 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm enthusiastically looking to join. I've been looking for resources to start my own build. It was actually recommended to me that it would probably be easier to purchase one that a member may not have any use for anymore. Where do I look or find anyone that may be able to help me with this????

7 hours ago, EdGz said:

I'm enthusiastically looking to join. I've been looking for resources to start my own build. It was actually recommended to me that it would probably be easier to purchase one that a member may not have any use for anymore. Where do I look or find anyone that may be able to help me with this????

Hello and welcome, at times you may find a member selling their costume but it does not happen too often, you can also purchase ready to wear armor from a couple of suppliers but you may need to tweak to your size.

Keep your eyes on the sales sections, also have a read through the Getting Started section, lots of great helpful info there. 

Good luck with the journey

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EdGz said:

It was actually recommended to me that it would probably be easier to purchase one that a member may not have any use for anymore. 

As Q mentioned, occasionally you may find a pre-built kit here but not too often.  Plus, as troopers come in all shapes and sizes you would more than likely have to do a lot of work to make it fit your build correctly.

Building your own kit allows you to tailor it to your particular size/height, and although it takes time, effort and research you are in the right place!

One of the things we do best is to help future troopers with all aspects of putting together a fantastic set of shiny white armor.  As I said, there is a lot of research involved, but we are here to answer any questions you may have.  The Getting Started link that Q provided is the perfect stepping off point, and best of luck to you, future trooper!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Looking for some advice if possible and hopefully this is the right place to do so. I've recently just finished my armor build  ( had to wait until Christmas for the last bits from santa    ;  ) . I've just been cleared by my garrison so my question is,  rather than head straight to EIB would it be advisable to post here for feedback?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

It's a good way to find if you need any changes for L2 and L3, unfortunately some things can get missed at basic approval.

That's great. It's not a case of me not trusting anything at garrison level at all , which I'd like to make clear. I know that  with eib and centurion the smallest details are considered. Anyway,  so this is the right place for a pre approval before , if possible a post in the EIB section! 

• 1 year later...

Might be an odd question but is there a resource where we can get feedback as we are building our costumes, so we can make corrections and adjustments in real time vs building a full TK suit only to have to go back and make large changes? I am currently 3d Printing a TK ANH armor costume and would love to have parts evaluated as I build. 

Thanks in advance

29 minutes ago, Predator4Golf said:

Might be an odd question but is there a resource where we can get feedback as we are building our costumes, so we can make corrections and adjustments in real time vs building a full TK suit only to have to go back and make large changes? I am currently 3d Printing a TK ANH armor costume and would love to have parts evaluated as I build. 

Thanks in advance

Yes indeed.

if you create a build thread and keep it updated with your progress and photos of your work, ask questions on anything you are unsure of, the help and feedback will flow.