SlyFox's R1 Airsoft Conversion w/ Real Parts

SlyFox740

I have finally collected all the correct found parts required to begin building my Rogue One E-11 Blaster. The S&T Sterling was actually the last part I acquired for this build because I wanted to buy it during a Boxing Day sale and save some money just like I did for my ANH Airsoft Conversion with Real Parts. Each found part pictured below is the correct variation with accurate details as seen on the E-11 Blasters in Rogue One.

MpxkEIP.jpg

- S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun.

- 1943 Minneapolis Honeywell Regulator Co. M38 Telescope with correct wide front foot.

- Hengstler Counter with correct Small Eagle logo variant complete with accurate plastic socket cover to replace the vintage metal one.

- Power Cylinders are a direct recast from a Shepperton Design Studios E-11 blaster exactly like the prop makers used in Rogue One.

- The T-Track I decided to go with is actually made of real rubber and has an accurate profile shape with the correct thickness.

- Element M300A Mini Scout Light with correct button guard variant.

- Flashlight Rail is the correct found part with accurate details such as sharp corners and a curved bottom surface in order to sit flush against the airsoft gun.

Here's a photo of an actual screen used prop from the Rogue One Visual Guide.

aFSvLc2.jpg

And here's a screen shot from the other side of the Rogue One E-11.

S1NsJc1.jpg

Stay Tuned, the Build process will begin soon...

Edited by SlyFox740

• 2 months later...

Where did you get the T-Track that is actually made of real rubber and has an accurate profile shape with the correct thickness?

Where did you get the T-Track that is actually made of real rubber and has an accurate profile shape with the correct thickness?

Not sure where he got his. However, the custom saber shop has this t track. Hadn’t realized it until I ordered some. His appears to be supplied from BlasTech. Mine came with a BlasTech card in the package. Awesome rubber grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 7:35 AM, darthcue said:

I Found this T-Track from 'Super6Props', If you look at the screen used T-track in the ROGUE ONE E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE thread you'll notice it has a very similar profile if not exactly the same.

----------

UPDATE:

Unfortunately this specific soft Rubber T-Track with the correct Rogue One profile is no longer available from Super6Props. However I have since found hard plastic T-Track that is much more accurate, very possibly even the exact same product used on the original prop; READ MORE HERE

I found a source for the Tubeway Sales LTD. T-Track used on screen in Rogue One, Tubeway Sales is a wholesaler and their products can only be purchased in large quantities unless you go through a distributor. I found a distributor source that actually offers a Rogue One E-11 T-Track Kit for blaster builds already pre-cut into six 8” pieces; https://www.3d-props.com/shop/hardware/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 3/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, Tk-436888 said:

What type of flashlight is on the r1 e11? It looks like some sort of tactical light.

If you read the ROGUE ONE E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE thread you'll see that the screen used flashlight is actually an airsoft replica of a 'SureFire' tactical flashlight. It's called an Element M300A Mini Scout Light. The difference is the real thing is worth around $300 while the airsoft knockoff costs around $50 or so.f9UaUPC.jpg

One thing to be sure about is that you buy one with the correct button guard variant. It should look like the one in this photo, the other kind with scalloped cut-outs is incorrect and not screen accurate.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive this, but I am trying to do the same thing for a Death Trooper E-11D, but I cannot find an Element M300A that has the correct "KX1A" marking.  Anyone know a reliable source for the correct version?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2018 at 12:47 AM, Chris G said:

Sorry to revive this, but I am trying to do the same thing for a Death Trooper E-11D, but I cannot find an Element M300A that has the correct "KX1A" marking.  Anyone know a reliable source for the correct version?

Link

Edited by Big Deal

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, Big Deal said:

@SlyFox740What are you using for the scope rail? I see in the Reference that it sits a little higher than on the ANH blasters. I'm planning on doing the "Z" attachment at the end and the post attachment at the front.

I am probably going to have to make my own custom rail from steel, I also plan on using the “Z Bend” type rail as that’s what was on the Hero prop that Jyn Erso uses, but I may also make the more common “block and screw” type scope rail.

• Like 1

Today I believe I actually discovered the source of the T-Track that prop makers used in Rogue One. 

It’s mass produced from a U.K. based company

and it appears to be the exact same T-Track that Andrew Ainsworth cast into his plastic/foam Shepperton Design Studios E-11 as I pointed out in my ROGUE ONE E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE

xIEY9KW.jpg

mRVeRAS.jpg

You can purchase this T-Track here in kits of six 8” pieces for an E-11 build; https://www.3d-props.com/shop/hardware/

Edited by SlyFox740