Forearms for Centurion Level

StrmTRPR85

I am unsure on how to begin trimming my forearms.

My understanding is there should be no return edge on the wrist side so I should cut out the below as drawn correct?

rK9kW03GgWoZFkawvIZAo5umiucILF5oJNya4mR2

For the edges should I cut out the entire shaded green area?  or leave a portion for the butt and cover joint?

t3WF8xW1KYcMhRXdcW-jJiOHsGl3OWowkOBQyIeZ

The top of the fore arms should have some return edge from my understanding.  Probably start here and sand down as necessary?

M9MPfhHc-Mx21fv0yuF_RAywvKsWQyMZYjPPAKqe

And the other long side of the forearm, trim out as necessary for the butt and joint?

GT_Ilehgwtp0wcdzw7aYsB9syeFgdgWL27jEQatr

I am unsure on how to begin trimming my forearms.

My understanding is there should be no return edge on the wrist side so I should cut out the below as drawn correct?

rK9kW03GgWoZFkawvIZAo5umiucILF5oJNya4mR2

For the edges should I cut out the entire shaded green area?  or leave a portion for the butt and cover joint?

t3WF8xW1KYcMhRXdcW-jJiOHsGl3OWowkOBQyIeZ

The top of the fore arms should have some return edge from my understanding.  Probably start here and sand down as necessary?

M9MPfhHc-Mx21fv0yuF_RAywvKsWQyMZYjPPAKqe

And the other long side of the forearm, trim out as necessary for the butt and joint?

GT_Ilehgwtp0wcdzw7aYsB9syeFgdgWL27jEQatr

The wrist ends should have no return edge whatsoever for Centurion. Only trim the green shaded parts as needed for the cover strips/butt joints. No return edges are required for any level of certification. That is a matter of personal preference and comfort.

Hopefully you will indeed be aiming for Centurion, Jeff.  For basic and EI (level 2) requirements the return edge can be present on the wrist opening.  For level 3 in can not, even in the "bump" area circled in red.  (see photo below).  If you are indeed aiming for level 3, I highly recommend removing them now.  This is not only 100% screen accurate, but if you glue them to fit now and remove the edge later, the wrist opening will be too large.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest checking out Tony's (ukswrath) build thread.  Tons of great photos, details and information!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

p32DRDc.jpg?1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

How can I tell which is left or right for the forearms?  I think I have them right

Can you post a photo of the inside piece of each one (side by side)?

Here is how I currently have the forearms taped together:

Right forearm Wrist end

n2WtHNf6FTsqQdZu11ger4CI0johlLI10cLFRZMB

Right forearm elbow end

lyrOwHoULXHVrp_pynhJdbqVL_bFWVTWb6MZjtMa

Left Forearm wrist end

NXyBfDKlPTMh98hG2E78BcgbwFZ1hx23JvB01kLI

Left forearm elbow end

Jq6CtNCbZmOMtJZTf7LHHCGKUD75ZbqbfeXHPJZe

I'm not making these too small am I?  I know it is to fit and how it looks on the individual wearing the armor.  I was not sure if how I have it setup I would have issues with "butt and cover" attaching

• 1 month later...

The flat parts on the sides should be trimmed down to accommodate your arm and no less. You definitely need enough to hold a cover strip in place. Honestly when I trimmed my forearms down for Centurion, I fit them as normal, then when they were all sized correctly and glued together, I put the wrist part down on the belt sander to get rid of the return edge. Only took a few seconds, and it gave me a nice clean edge.

• Like 1