Joby619 Anovos TK Build 2018

joby619

3 hours ago, Harbinger said:

There are screen used helmets like the new paint job FWIW... but it looks better touched up.

I figured since I had to add the extra teeth, I might as well touch up the others.  I think my extra teeth are a tad bit small, but I really don’t like painting at all!

This version of the Anovos Helmet does not have excessive overspray but actually has too little paint around the gum line. 
Here is a shot of the teeth before and after:

rNuArWV.jpg
Same issue I have I'm hoping I won't need to clean up the teeth, because getting that mesh off will be a real pain.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Progress Report for thermal detonator and belt:

I ordered these screws to use on my thermal detonator from home depot online since they did not have anything in store. wGiScGN.jpg

I cut about 3/8" off my TD and tapered the edges.  I was planning on using the boiling water method, but after tapering the edges the end caps slid right on and I could not remove them.  I could not use my magnets since the end caps were stuck on so I went with just taping the crap out of them.

2tLZPS8.jpg

xqk1vUr.jpg

While the TD glue and black screw paint were drying I decided to take on the belt.  Again I used Ukswrath Anovos build as my guide so not many in progress pics of the belt.  The most difficult part of the belt for me was making holes in the TKittell belt.  That thing is solid.  I ended up having to use my soldering iron to puncture it.

8A3kj1L.jpg?1

This next pic shows the s-poppers installed thru the torso again using measurements from Ukswrath build thread.  I also used the pencil lead on the s-poppers to mark the belt hole locations.  

f4aQyhw.jpg

I believe all I have left are the shoulder covers and holster.

• Like 3

I believe I have completed my build and only have a couple of issues remaining.  After riveting on the ammo belt to the TKittell belt, one of the snaps won't stay snapped to the ab plate.  Today will be the first attempt to try on the full suit so I am hoping that there will be minimal fine tuning required.  I currently have nomex flight gloves with the Anovos plastic hand guards, but will upgrade to rubber gloves and latex depending on the feedback I receive when I apply for basic.  I would like to go Centurion if possible, but currently only have a disney blaster with kit that still needs to be assembled and painted.  I was looking at possibly getting the blaster-master e11 kit from eBay since there is a 10% off coupon today, but there is not much info on his kit on this forum.  I am planning on posting some pre-submission photos here after work today or tomorrow. 

1hk14Ne.jpg

mSRanVg.jpg

Should be good for basic easily! Your biceps look kind of big.

Some minor fitting things:

• Your right thigh ammo pack is sliding down. You can glue it up or secure it or just double-check it when you suit up.
  • The ab and kidney plates on the right side look like they may be overlapping. Maybe don't need to close your canvas belt as tight.
  • You could wear the canvas belt slightly lower on the back.

Kudos on how close those shoulder bells are to the shoulder straps! :)

Edited by lucnak

16 minutes ago, lucnak said:

• Your right thigh ammo pack is sliding down. You can glue it up or secure it or just double-check it when you suit up.
  • The ab and kidney plates on the right side look like they may be overlapping. Maybe don't need to close your canvas belt as tight.

Kudos on how close those shoulder bells are to the shoulder straps! :)

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I definitely need to secure my thigh ammo pack.  The ab kidney overlap has to stay cuz I’m just too skinny there.  I’ll try to push the belt lower back there.  I would have to trim all the return edge to make the bicep smaller, but I do think it would look better if I did.  It was the first time I suited up and it felt awesome.

Edited by joby619
Bicep comment
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Fantastic, nice job Joby  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I can say thank you enough for putting out such an easy to follow guide!  I would not have been able to do this build without it.  Thanks again for the tips and feedback given on this thread!  

• Like 1

Kudos on how close those shoulder bells are to the shoulder straps!
I agree the biceps do look a bit big and if meant the right side of the ab/kidney join it does look like it's overlapping.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I’ll try adding some foam in the biceps to fill in the gaps.  I do want to leave some room for expansion lol and I need to foam up a couple of other areas.  Please keep the feedback coming.

5 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Forgot to mention this last night, for the record there's nothing in the CRL that prohibits overlapping of the Ab and Kidney plates on the right side. 

1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpg

Huh...what about the left side? I mentioned it just as a fitting thing, but not a deal breaker. What about for EIB/Centurion? Would you ideally like the two to butt up vice overlap? (p.s. man, look at the top of that kidney...talk about wonky!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lucnak said:

Huh...what about the left side? I mentioned it just as a fitting thing, but not a deal breaker. What about for EIB/Centurion? Would you ideally like the two to butt up vice overlap? (p.s. man, look at the top of that kidney...talk about wonky!)

I said right side ;) 

13 hours ago, joby619 said:

The ab kidney overlap has to stay cuz I’m just too skinny there.

I had the same problem.  I built a tab and slot connection.  It wasn't that hard to do.  Some extra white ABS and a little black plastic and the right ab to kidney seam is nice and flush. 

inside view - black plastic is glued to the kidney and a slot made of extra cover strip material is on the ab side.

671d5f8f33df3cf5589cd98eebd31285.jpg

ad06048f740bdfd89e0f0d8a3add28a1.jpg

3 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

I had the same problem.  I built a tab and slot connection.  It wasn't that hard to do.  Some extra white ABS and a little black plastic and the right ab to kidney seam is nice and flush. 

This is a nice option also. We've seen quite a few troopers do this, though mainly to keep body parts inside. None the less it definitely can help if you choose to go the route Joby.

Thanks for the input. I will try trooping in it with the overlap and see how it goes.  I finished the first phase of my disney blaster this weekend so I could use it for my action shot.  Paint was a rush job and I just used whatever I had laying around the garage.  Going to resand, repaint and weather after I upgrade the scope.  I am planning on taking my submission photos tomorrow after work.  

Aa5kOUw.jpg

U0b23gl.jpg

• Like 1