Joby619 Anovos TK Build 2018

joby619

2 hours ago, joby619 said:

I am starting to fit my torso, BUT am having problems with the top of the ab to kidney connection.  The top part goes kidney leans inward while the bottom pulls apart.  Not sure how to fix this.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I tried making the lower connection strap tighter on the right side, but not sure if its better or worse.

Put on your waist belt then recheck.

Thanks for all the input!  My TKittell Belt arrives on Saturday so I can see what it looks like with a belt on.  I tried using my unassembled Anovos belt, but it is way too big for me and does not tighten my waist at all.  I have a feeling that I will still have to use some type of mod to get it to look good even with the belt.

Since I had a little downtime, I decided to work on this...

hQwjIGI.jpg

Working great so far, but have not tried to install it in my bucket.  I'll probably convert to use a 5v usb later.

Edited by joby619
typo

Here are this weeks updates:

Installed the hearing assist:

XBY5qwC.jpg

q2bhRMR.jpg

Installed Fans

C5u9bTK.jpg

TKittell Belt arrived and I tried it on to check torso alignment.  I think I'll leave it as is since I've seen some centurion approvals with similar overlap:

uu7dUhe.jpg

Next Problem...Shins.  There is a snowball chance in hades that these will close...

Acw1xav.jpg

I tried a heat gun and failed miserably.  The e6000 gave up under the heat so I think I'll try the boiling water method next.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by joby619
Added shins to identify part

I ended up using ABS cement, it is a solvent-based weld so it is the “nuclear option” but only way I could glue my forearms closed. Only needed it on the one side like you seem to require. Make sure you don’t need to tweak fitting as it is quite permanent.

PS: Hearing assist mics behind brow trim, haven’t seen that before. :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by Harbinger

7 hours ago, Harbinger said:

I ended up using ABS cement, it is a solvent-based weld so it is the “nuclear option” but only way I could glue my forearms closed. Only needed it on the one side like you seem to require. Make sure you don’t need to tweak fitting as it is quite permanent.

PS: Hearing assist mics behind brow trim, haven’t seen that before. :jc_doublethumbup:

Those are my shins that won’t close because of the angle so I can’t use glue.  I’m positive that neither Velcro or bra hooks will work.  Will attempt boiling water next and could use some pointers or other alternatives.

Mics behind brow trim were not my idea.  I thought I saw them on FISD somewhere, but I’ve been researching a lot so not sure anymore.  Thanks for the input.

18 minutes ago, joby619 said:

Those are my shins that won’t close because of the angle so I can’t use glue.  I’m positive that neither Velcro or bra hooks will work.  Will attempt boiling water next and could use some pointers or other alternatives.

Mics behind brow trim were not my idea.  I thought I saw them on FISD somewhere, but I’ve been researching a lot so not sure anymore.  Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Anovos shins. Hot water bath is probably your best bet if you're going to be using hook and strap method.

Mics behinds the brow was my first design, still like idea. 

This is what I think I need to do based on my research, but please chime in if you have suggestions.

1) Boil Water

2) transfer water to large container as required or leave in pot with stove off if large enough

3) Dip/submerge part into water for about 30 seconds

a) Part must be wrapped in tape or zip ties or similar to mold into desired shape

4) Repeat as neccessary

5) Once part looks like it has been shaped, immediately dose with cold water to set in new shape

Am I missing anything?

• Like 1

I used a heat gun, but I heated the sides not the cover strip section, I tried to make them more curved so they closed flatter. You see the two sides of yours are angled backwards.

Not used the boiled water method myself, I have always used a heat gun, but with lots of practice on scraps ;) 

3 hours ago, tarok said:

Really enjoying following your progress.

Re the mic placement: doesn't the brow rubber muffle the mic?

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

The mics are really sensitive and I noticed that if I use earbuds that its actually too loud.  The brow may filter some sound, but the mics are more than adequate to hear outside your helmet.   I have not heard any distortion or muffling with the it in its current position, but I could probably hear more sound if nothing was in front of them.  I am currently using generic helmet speakers which are not all that great, but still allow me to hear.  The hearing assist module is turned up to max when using speakers and only turned up to around 1/2 if using earbuds.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joby619 said:

I haven't shown many pics of my armor so here is my progress shot as of today.

I am finished with the left thigh, but my mannequin's foot is too big to slide it on :(

Looking good Joby. I had the same issue with my first mannequins, found myself loping off digits to make things easier to install and take off lol

Looking good, I also had to do some fine trimming on my mannequin, had it on their once and hasn't been back on, I seem to wear it too much ;) 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, I also had to do some fine trimming on my mannequin, had it on their once and hasn't been back on, I seem to wear it too much ;) 

Right!? lol

• Like 1

So my shins have been the causing me extreme anxiety so I finally decided its time to make armor soup.

First I boiled some water on the stove to cook the back plate.

PkYiijq.jpg

Since that worked well, I decided to get the big pot out (just don't tell the wife I used her pot to cook plastic)

LECsiOG.jpg

The shins fit perfectly in the pot and here are the results

VLfUU7r.jpg5ZLljK7.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joby619 said:

So my shins have been the causing me extreme anxiety so I finally decided its time to make armor soup.

First I boiled some water on the stove to cook the back plate.

Since that worked well, I decided to get the big pot out (just don't tell the wife I used her pot to cook plastic

The shins fit perfectly in the pot and here are the results

Spectacular! nice work

Not much work done this weekend since the wife wanted to go to vegas.  This is the little work I did when we returned home yesterday...

I would make a horrible artist:

VydQO0O.jpg

UFYsnW1.jpg

And this is attempt # 2 for the sniper knee

2z6xgmA.jpg

Edited by joby619
add sniper knee