Greetings from Amarillo

Hello everyone.  So I have decided to take the plunge and build Phasma. I have been reading posts here for a while and just wanted to introduce myself.  I’m currently an official member of the MMCC so I have a small bit of experience in kit building.  I will be ordering my armor kit from Jim Tripon today.  So excited!!   

Ok. So in reading info on the CRLs for TLJ Phasma - there is apparently no way to achieve the pristine mirror finish required unless the armor is vacuum metalized or chrome sprayed.  Both rather pricy options.  Has anyone achieved this look with Alclad or other methods.  Just want to make sure I know the path forward to get approved.  I have ordered the TLJ kit and want to do it justice.  Thanks all. 

Ive read of ppl going the Alclad route and it can turn out well as long as you have a good glossy black primer coat. Usually there are a few coats with sanding in between and I've seen ppl buff up the gloss black with a meguiars compound (or similar product) to practically a mirror finish before spraying the alclad. The more shiny the gloss black is, the more shiny the alclad will be. So it all comes down to surface preparation really.

31 minutes ago, SamuraiMom said:

Just send him a PM through Facebook or the RPF.  He requires a 40% down payment to reserve your spot.   He’s great to work with. 

I found his Yahoo email from the 501st website, so hopefully that works. I was unable to find his Facebook profile.