Jack the Jaeger

Hello from Alamo City, TX

Hello all,

I've been thinking for a couple years how cool it would be to be a part of the 501st, since my (now) wife and I met folks from the Star Garrison at a local con. I'm looking forward to building my first TK armor build. Quick question, is ATA armor good for someone over 6'2" and about 230#?

Hey Jackson welcome to the FISD. To answer your question you would be better off buying AM or RT-Mod. These are for larger, taller troopers. ATA, though great armor may be a bit small for you. 

Either way you can find armor mfg contact info here - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Welcome to the FISD Jackson!

I have RT and that would fit you well. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

Stellar to have you aboard the FISD Jackson and have a great build journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello and Welcome to FISD

My kit is ATA, and all above me is right, AM or RT-Mod possible more suit with you

Welcome From the Star Garrison and SATX, Future Trooper!!

My Classic TK is an AM/NE 2.0. 

Contact MightyTank!! See what he's got...

My stats 240 5'9"

• Like 1

Hi Jackson and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey!

Welcome to FISD, Jackson!

Was doing some sifting around the forum and found this. @Jack the Jaeger, are you still interested in becoming a trooper. I did a name search in the 501st and you are not yet a member. wondering what happened to you, as we are in the same garrison, just wanted to see what was going on. Let us know if you need anything, or what might be holding you up and we can help get you going!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack the Jaeger said:

Hi @Commander Gree  I am still interested in being a trooper, but have had to scale back my attempts am a newly expecting father. Would still like talking to someone in the area about slowly building up a kit. 

well that sounds perfect! and congrats on the little one, they are a big responsibility and so much fun (Mostly) haha. We have some Armor parties coming up which I would recommend you get to. I can PM you the details. it will give you a chance to meet some locals, and see what the build process is like. Also, most times there are several people there with different sets of armor, you may be able to size up what is best for you. I would have to say AM, as that is what I wear and you and I are about the same size. PM me and I can shoot you those details and we can get you started at whatever pace you want. This is YOUR build and can take as long as you need it to

• Like 1

Do it, Jack!!! Come to an Armor Party!!

One of us... One of us... 

Welcome From the Star Garrison and SATX, Future Trooper!!

My Classic TK is an AM/NE 2.0. 

My stats 240 5'9"

• Like 1