Shin and thigh cover strips question (and bra hook advice)

I had to make my rear thigh cover strips larger than the recommended width, so I am guessing that the rear shin strips should be the same width as the rear thighs?  I know we need to make them what they need to be to fit us, but should I just come as close as possible to uniform width?  ALSO, does anyone recommend a good tutorial on the bra hook attachment for the shins?  

I also wanted to comment about this community.  You guys (and ladies) are AWESOME!!!!  I lack a certain faith in humanity, but the help and positive vibes I get from people on here gives me hope.  I can't wait to start trooping and meet some more troopers!!  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by rzill
additions
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rzill said:

rear shin strips should be the same width as the rear thighs?

Yes. Or slightly wider still if you need to. Normally you'd make the rear thigh 20 mm, and the rear shin 25 mm. The extra width here helps hiding the shin closure system (velcro or hooks).

• Like 1

Thanks.  I had to make my rear thigh strips very wide.  Not that I have big legs (I'm actually very chicken legged), but my ATA thighs must be a bit off.  I made them with the correct 20mm front strips, but that left it very tight, requiring an over 30 mm back strip.

You could have gone with 25mm wide strips both sides. 20-25mm wide front strips are quite normal on the original ANH armour and should be acceptable in the 501st. There should be no problem having a gap between the joining strips if that's what it takes to make the parts fit you comfortably. Even if you need to go much wider in the back, it looks better to have a wider front strip like 25mm or 30mm and use whatever size necessary to close the backs up. That's my view anyway :)

• Like 1

For the bra hooks you could look up TK1636 on YouTube he does a quick how to with them.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Locitus said:

It's hard to be specific in your case, but make it look nice. Worry less about specific numbers.

Agreed, uniformity is more important than technical specs in most cases.