Need someone with a 3D printer...

justjoseph63

Alright Troopers,

I would like to know if there is anyone with a 3D printer (US based) that would not only be willing to do some, well.. 3D printing for me but to pop it in the mail as well.

I am more than willing to pay the going rate, (within reason) and can even throw in some swag depending on the price.  We could also do a swap if you like... (I have some REALLY cool swag).

If interested, please PM me, and many thanks!   Joseph

18 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Alright Troopers,

I would like to know if there is anyone with a 3D printer (US based) that would not only be willing to do some, well.. 3D printing for me but to pop it in the mail as well.

I am more than willing to pay the going rate, (within reason) and can even throw in some swag depending on the price.  We could also do a swap if you like... (I have some REALLY cool swag).

If interested, please PM me, and many thanks!   Joseph

What do you need, Joseph?  I've got a PLA printer, with a 5x5x5" print area.  PM inbound.

Another option would be https://www.3dhubs.com/

I've worked with some great providers I've found through there, and since you can connect to people that have machines locally, shipping has never been bad. I doubt you'll find someone on it who will trade for SW swag, so this thread still has value... but there's another good option if you want :) Good luck!

Depends on what you want printed but either 3D hubs or shapeways are good options. The latter is more money but also has a ton of material options that aren’t available elsewhere. 3DHubs is basically FDM or SLA printing for the most part, but is usually cheaper.

Knowing what you need printed for what will help.

Another alternative, check your local libraries. The Long Beach library here in SoCal has 5 of them in their media lab that anybody can come and drop off files to print FOR FREE. I printed half a F-11D blaster at mine. 

Since then I've bought a MonoPrice Select Mini for under $200 and am doing my own printing now. There are a handful of basic 3D printers for under $300 that print just fine if you're even slightly interested in doing it yourself. 

13 hours ago, Jonelli said:

Another alternative, check your local libraries. The Long Beach library here in SoCal has 5 of them in their media lab that anybody can come and drop off files to print FOR FREE. I printed half a F-11D blaster at mine. 

Uhhhhhh.... RAD?! I had no idea, but that's seriously awesome. Great tip in general.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 5:24 AM, jethroskull said:

And another; check your local community college. We just got a great space in Santa Cruz... Cabrillo College Makerspace

That's awesome. I used to go over to the TechShop in San Jose. I gotta get home more often!