WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

So if the joints do not butt against one another but will be covered is that an issue?  As I'm going back and fixing this my joints will not touch.  Now they are not overlapping but there is a small gap between once the coverstrip is applied.

24 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

As long as the coverstrip looks as it should you are good, meaning covering all/most of the rasied edge:duim:

15 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

What Daniel said

Thank you both!  That is what I thought but wanted that extra peace of mind.  Coorections should be completed by weeks end if all goes well :duim:

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, StrmTRPR85 said:

So another WTF builder asked me about my shoulder bell, so far I only did the left but he pointed out his had a marking and so did mine

02fMcn8oAaFKJDxKSS5Lei5cy7Q20Goic8M3JUBr

I thought I cut all my return edge and I planned on cutting the rest of this off.

The real question is how much is too much on the shoulder bell?

I'm having that issue as well.  I trimmed off all the ugly stuff, thinking it was supposed to be removed.  Even though I have a small frame, the shoulder bells now seem too small on me.  Very frustrating! 

I've ordered another set of shoulder bells and am hoping that the pull marks on them won't be as prominent.  If they are, I may end up trying to flatten them out.  I don't like lumpy shoulders.  :(  

30 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I've ordered another set of shoulder bells and am hoping that the pull marks on them won't be as prominent.  If they are, I may end up trying to flatten them out.  I don't like lumpy shoulders

26 minutes ago, LTM said:

Same issue on mine. If you ordered new ones, make sure to tell Rocky the issue so he can send you the best copy available.

Boo Hiss, I don't wanna order new ones.....I'll test fit and see how it looks.  If necessary I will fix them, maybe a bit of sanding? Sealing Iron? ABS and a finger? B)

Ok left arm ridges have been torn down and reglued!!! Best part of waking up early with for the kids is you glue one part, go to work, eat dinner get kids to sleep glue another part than go to bed and rinse and repeat :)

Left Forearm:

JQfzitMu4k7bkjSllWFIx3abLyqDRPm97E_TAGhP5MAiI2eo0GyoOt33fJzim6FoXlIFLlDLoyezeB5B

Left Bicep:

yNgvNh-f51F_LikuIkG1kJPjvLBXsFQVL9JOzM1iqg31O82yw7lSe8Hbarqo4JwcfQtLUSCydw-cCLVTjEsOZJ0puLL563YoVB7T6q_G1faxNxM4bE1ZWhOzmxUVs5-geK96BwCAVHP42I2_FtMMS9lvy6o6CuMj

I have removed some of the return edge on the elbow side of the left bicep, just so I can get my elbow through.  I will do more for comfort

RbhIEGPf3WNNF_tdD7lnCQwWTuqvTLHEAa3Qn52siboybvF5Zt2AIPdG6wFgz6fShys02mAMsFKfs0KQ

Much more snug fitting but I do like the look now.  Still some return edges to clean up but not bad

On 3/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, StrmTRPR85 said:

So another WTF builder asked me about my shoulder bell, so far I only did the left but he pointed out his had a marking and so did mine

02fMcn8oAaFKJDxKSS5Lei5cy7Q20Goic8M3JUBr

I thought I cut all my return edge and I planned on cutting the rest of this off.

The real question is how much is too much on the shoulder bell?

So after talking with Walt, that marking we are seeing is due to his kit being modeled from a screen used suit.  I have decided I will be keeping this piece to preserve that part of the kit.  I like the idea that it is modeled after something that was on screen and I can exhibit that in the build.

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Ok left arm ridges have been torn down and reglued!!! Best part of waking up early with for the kids is you glue one part, go to work, eat dinner get kids to sleep glue another part than go to bed and rinse and repeat :)

I have removed some of the return edge on the elbow side of the left bicep, just so I can get my elbow through.  I will do more for comfort

Much more snug fitting but I do like the look now.  Still some return edges to clean up but not bad

MUCH better :duim:. Remove more return edge as needed for comfort.

Also, don't forget to trim the cover strips, they're not to extend past the upper and lower return edges. 

1 hour ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

So after talking with Walt, that marking we are seeing is due to his kit being modeled from a screen used suit.  I have decided I will be keeping this piece to preserve that part of the kit.  I like the idea that it is modeled after something that was on screen and I can exhibit that in the build.

Copy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Also, don't forget to trim the cover strips, they're not to extend past the upper and lower return edges

definitely.  I found it easier for my clamps to get a better grip on them with a bit more hanging over and will trim later.  I know its more of a process and need to be careful. 

So Walt must be checking this build. Just posted that he needed to make a new master for the bell, and the new one is 1.5 inches deeper. If you want to get replacements, PM rocky. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, LTM said:

So Walt must be checking this build. Just posted that he needed to make a new master for the bell, and the new one is 1.5 inches deeper. If you want to get replacements, PM rocky.

I wish I was that much on anyones radar :atat:.  I believe Christine brought it to his attention first and messaged me stating she was getting a newer pair.  When I talked to Walt this morning he said he was already working on making the bells larger :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

The creator has posted to my thread. This is a good sign

3 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

The creator has posted to my thread. This is a good sign

Oh I am not the creator.   You are!

i am a simple sword maker.  You are the  Samurai !  

• Like 8

10 hours ago, walt said:

Oh I am not the creator.   You are!

i am a simple sword maker.  You are the  Samurai !

Well with the sword maker lurking, I should do my best to honor his craft by being the best Samurai and bring no shame! 

The 45 degree corners on the cover strips is not required. The canon armor cover strips had chamfered edges, not necessarily 45 degree. 

Here's a couple items

gallery_12157_59_38956.jpggallery_12157_59_32648.jpggallery_12157_59_74335b.jpg

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:
The 45 degree corners on the cover strips is not required. The canon armor cover strips had chamfered edges, not necessarily 45 degree. 

Here's a couple items
gallery_12157_59_38956.jpggallery_12157_59_32648.jpggallery_12157_59_74335b.jpg

Hi Tony,

Just for clarity, (myself and anyone else reading), the thigh piece you’ve referenced appears to be the same thigh from the RS suit that I referenced early in the thread where I suggested 45 degree angles on the cover strips for a more screen accurate appearance.
When we zoom in on those pieces, and others on the RS suit, it appears that most pieces had the ‘intention’ of a 45 degree cut (give or take).

88c52ad680124cf382be6d3739071d78.jpg

When I’ve looked online, a chamfer appears to be describing a type of bevel at 45° angle to two adjoining right-angled faces.

Am I right that you are just confirming that whilst some cover strips are cut with 45 degree corners, others (like the elbow end of the forearm that you pictured) are cut to conform to the relevant armour piece, not strictly 45 degrees?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1