WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

9 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I added some E6000 to the ends of the nylon to keep it from fraying

Hiya,

A little tip - if you get a lighter and carefully, and very briefly, run the flame over the cut edge, it will slightly melt it and stop the frayed edges. 

There’s an example here at around 30 seconds. 

Dan

• Like 1

Hi Jeff,

A little gap at the back isn’t too bad. As you’ve said, placing some white abs behind the gap should help out. (I did the same).

If you want to add that extra degree of screen accuracy, you could add the little 45 degree angles to your coverstrips, as pictured below from the RS screen used suit. This will be difficult to do once the prices are glued so would ideally be done before gluing.

6ca97c8cd9913ec41be68abd6b7a4a3b.jpg

Best wishes,
Dan

• Like 1

Thank you for the heat suggestion.  I knew that was always an option but I never had any luck with it before even with cutting nylon rope.  I figured the E6000 will glue all the ends together and keep them from frying just as well.

I do plan on trimming the top down to the 45 angle, I was going to use a careful hand with a knife and a file.

2 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I do plan on trimming the top down to the 45 angle, I was going to use a careful hand with a knife and a file.

No worries. Just be careful of damaging the armour. I found that it was really quick and easy to measure the coverstrip, snip the corners (and sand if required), then glue. With a good pair of Lexans, snipping the corners should take seconds and could save you a lot of time down the line. :-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Jeff, just out of curiosity do you have large biceps?

I've never been told I have large biceps.  And I wouldn't say I have tickets to the E-11 show....

1W2MDItFO7OjjJuWXmsWFmK9LDPQhVr6iXq9B1z9kdyuwUQsDi8X-2RD92jeFpmRdgoAq2rtV5HWcHoj

Should they fit closer to my arm? 

Ok then I'm suggesting you disassemble the biceps and this time trim each half the 6mm up to the return edge. Reinstall the cover strips the remove the upper and lower return edge. 

bicep.JPG.066dc8e6c57fd17c85782f41ad235681.JPG

This is what it should look like, roughy

gallery_12157_59_18048-crop.jpg

Regarding the sides, yes remove up to roughly 6mm per side. The cover strip is roughly 10mm in width. 12mm armor surface width will give the cover strip plenty of surface to glue to and everything will look uniform afterwards. The top and bottom return edges are not required. They give the armor the illusion of thickness. Unless you want or need them, remove as needed.

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_26667.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure if I ever posted my left bicep yet.

HD_wix1D602Qc-fWV_JhNpSWtdhB1UC2y5QI79Nh_1Jfetd7H_yOgh3y5in8UJO5SMsxYKAnT8szUGo7hGu6VlZdtm9u8-kWEyKlIwFvkXZWqQx49RuwiCN3NAB8XvMutL_XuPHzyoI=w2400
DnjvtsYaW_5XaHWjlZlBQGHQ9qpMTNDxBM0blQTjKCoCYgdFqkbhnApUB3o8Cfz0zBbw7qbUgvOg5J18m3DRMl5UfdKafHs9bTx-wUNzvVdR75xRwAyPiQqcPBoRt1ufOHbROMcNf50=w2400Mzlal-2rmjZjip7R676-ozmxiBxDWa0gGFGpSCfn74mJtCVVBqL5PMaxv9HtJmvlfGTy662mRGxhinj9aqLp_HjCsuD9z_1CtNHKK0OHHBbbWuzV6H7rBBiyR9060BjnP-zWwZGbmZ0=w2400

I'm not too concerned with the oval shape because we'll my arm is not circle shaped.

My biceps is SUPER OVAL... that’s what I need “HELP” on ... how did u fix it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

So no return edge ridge at all? How about the forearms?

Also no return edge ridge on the rear bicep?

Except for the sniper, knee which is minimal return edge is optional everywhere. 

21 minutes ago, Madness990 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot water bath. Basically bring water to a boil in a large pot, using protective gloves dip the item for roughly 30 seconds, remove, reshape and hold under cool water for roughly a minute or until cool. Repeat if necessary

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Madness990 said:

Yeah I didn't fix mine they just worked out that way.  But as Tony said do a hot water bath. It's not as bad as taking a hot iron to the kit to make a return edge.

• Like 1

So another WTF builder asked me about my shoulder bell, so far I only did the left but he pointed out his had a marking and so did mine

02fMcn8oAaFKJDxKSS5Lei5cy7Q20Goic8M3JUBr

I thought I cut all my return edge and I planned on cutting the rest of this off.

The real question is how much is too much on the shoulder bell?

So my only concern here is if you trimmed it back far enough to remove the pull marks then it might not leave enough material rendering the bell too small. If you have a small enough body frame you might be able to get away with it. 

• Like 2