WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

On 2/19/2018 at 1:40 PM, ukswrath said:

Jeff you're an animal. Awesome work :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:. Reminds me of when I had to rebuild my ATA :56pullhair:

On 2/19/2018 at 8:58 PM, Harbinger said:

Looks great! Much better than my attempt, but I didn’t have a jig either...

Thank you both!  It was a bit scary at first but really not hard at all.

Here is the butt plate before sanding with ABS paste

DlaO1ebHRDbaTIyCEHTNdML8DfEzpx2LOc-k-p--

and now after sanding

qNV0Os_9q_F7fPwuFMZtTFh-vF5-UBn_S4NkfxhQ

I don't think I need to smooth out too much more.  What are your thoughts?

• Like 4

On the top of my kidney plate I think I removed a bit too much of my return edge than what I would have liked.

My simple fix for this as it was only a cosmetic piece was to put some painters tape down and add some ABS paste to extend the edge.

hkxq6_hp0bVm8Ro9k306KgMOvrlqeZmR1hzEkwhD

After letting the ABS paste dry i'm left with

ez6TmZmJvYdi6omvpZOhWlHcJyl3QsIZgqi964pS

And a bit of trimming gives me

i96kD9TmmV-11-gnKQaUN-Nz38jkyFmcgcUtI1TV

I'll probably trim it a bit more as I trim the rest of the edge but at least the armor will appear thicker on this part and uniform with the rest of the return edge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a minute since I have updated.  So far have been focusing on getting the bucket assembled.

I am not sure if this will be an issue for level 3 approval as my left ear on the bottom goes over my S-trim.

xkWzMjWQexkaMNfUvow9aENz2Xz-N50Do4bJcT7i

GVbT6Ebt051tu-lTKDLM9NZyVksfDEh7TjChj2rb

Do I need to trim the ear at the bottom to remove the over lap?  Or do I build out my edge on the bottom of the shell to move the S-trim in more?

Edited by StrmTRPR85
added additional picture

Any idea if this is normal? Should the back of the exterior shell and the face plate vent line up better?

STwQfmQPw-_TSgTM9R7JTr3UJbC4ctJpeKGZsd5377lhiKPlX2ieYBnLGngzwAJvbzhI8MK5h4W-vxO55qJRvnjmczqYsWsC1b4Mh_BGBoSlIpsGYdjnm2gx_VKKuSpg1lggla4n2sM

How did you FIX IT ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually the right ear over the left side, so you'll need to switch those up. Hopefully that resolves the overlap issue and doesn't cause too much trouble with large gaps.

Edited by lucnak

2 hours ago, lucnak said:

That's actually the right ear over the left side, so you'll need to switch those up. Hopefully that resolves the overlap issue and doesn't cause too much trouble with large gaps.

Do you mean I have the right ear on the left side? and the left ear on the right side?

Wouldn't the ear lean forward if I had it that way?

5 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

Do you mean I have the right ear on the left side? and the left ear on the right side?

Wouldn't the ear lean forward if I had it that way?

Looks like the ears are on the correct sides.  The bottom just seems really far forward in the picture.  Hard to tell at that angle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Looks like the ears are on the correct sides.  The bottom just seems really far forward in the picture.  Hard to tell at that angle.

Looking at that pic I believe that may be the case.  I'll align it with it further back and see how it sits than once home from work.

• Like 2

Sorry about that...not sure why the other reference that I looked at made me think it was the wrong ear. May have been the angle of your photo. My apologies! I was in the process of looking up another reference and my computer froze.

Tony, is that from the gallery? I looked for something like that and did not find it but perhaps I looked in the wrong place?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

When in doubt refer to reference photos ;).

gallery_12157_15_19287-crop.jpg

Why isnt this pic in the gallery?  Its the clearest view of where everything should be!

I keep going to the gallery and reference pics but can only do so much with the angles and light provided :P

1 minute ago, lucnak said:

Sorry about that...not sure why the other reference that I looked at made me think it was the wrong ear. May have been the angle of your photo. My apologies! I was in the process of looking up another reference and my computer froze.

Tony, is that from the gallery? I looked for something like that and did not find it but perhaps I looked in the wrong place?

No troubles!  Its always from a certain point of angle :laugh1:

I just asked the same question about the gallery

• Like 1

Just now, lucnak said:

Yes and this doesn't have to be perfect. Canon ears were kinda staggered. Every helmet I build I try to align it like this regardless or series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I just asked the same question about the gallery

Ah, it's under "General Stormtrooper Reference", not Costume Parts Reference.