WTF ANH STUNT TK Build Thread

StrmTRPR85

Just starting my build thread for my Walts Trooper Factory ANH Stunt TK.  My goal is centurion level approval.  I'm hoping to give lots of documentation and description along the way.  

Edited by StrmTRPR85
typographical
  • Like 1

Here is where I was able to source all my build parts

Armor Sourced
ANH Stunt TK Walts Trooper Factory
Boots  
Imperial Boots - Classic 421 Imperial Boots
Neck Seal  
OTTK recessed cut Circ: 15 1/2 Length: 3 1/2 Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets
Materials Sourced
E6000 - two to three+ 2oz tubes, or two+ 3oz tubes Hobby Lobby
Elastic (Chest to Back plate) - White 2" x 2' in length recommended)  Amazon
Elastic (Drop Boxes) - White 3/4" x 20"  Amazon
Elastic (Bells to Shoulder Strapping) - Black 1" x 12" Amazon
Elastic (Bicep to Bicep around arm) - Black 1" x 20" Amazon
Elastic (Bicep to Forearm) - Black, 2" x 6" Amazon
Elastic (Thigh to waist belt) - Black, 3" x 24" Amazon
Elastic (Kidney to Ab right side) - Black, 1" x 8" Amazon
Elastic (Posterior to Cod) - Black, 1" x 12" Amazon
Nylon Webbing (Kidney to Ab, left side 6 rivets) - 1" x 6" Amazon
Pop rivets (Waist belt drop boxes) 1/8" x 1/8" Aluminum pop rivets.  Amazon
Pop Rivet Gun Amazon
Paint  
Gloss White: Testors Hobby Lobby
Gloss black: Humbrol #21 Hobby Lobby
Gray (Ab plate), Humbrol #5 Testors # 1138  Hobby Lobby
French Blue (Ab plate & Tube stripes), Humbrol #14 Testors # 2715 Hobby Lobby
Gunship Grey (TD tube), Testor #1923 (spray paint)  Hobby Lobby
Internal Strapping  
B. Internal Strapping Brackets - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20859-accurate-anh-stormtrooper-strapping-brackets-v-20-now-available/  Mr. No Stripes
Snaps  
Ab - "S" snaps "poppers" (Used on the following locations: Ab to belt, Ab to Kidney right side, Cod to Posterior, Shoulder to Back plate strapping right/front) 15mm, (bag of 15 is the smallest) Ebay: Grandtobuy2
Ab - "S" Snap die punch and set tool 15-17mm, (1x) Ebay: Grandtobuy2
Thigh Ammo Belt - Double Cap Rivets - Joseph - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34902-centurion-level-rivet-sets-for-sale/ JustJoseph63
Ab/Kidney - Split rivets (bag)  JustJoseph63
Inner strapping - Line 24 snaps, nickle, 100ct (recommended), Tandy - https://www.tandylea...ts/1263-12.aspx. Fasnap - http://fasteners.fas...nap-fasteners?  SteckStore.com

Inner strapping

Mr. No Stripes
Shoulder to Bicep - Dritz Sew in Snaps, Nickle, Size #10 -http://www.amazon.co...YH1DNAAPPP1R3H1 Amazon
Calf closure  
 Elastic - http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-9506W-Non-Roll-Elastic-4-Inch/dp/B004ALO9CK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454439839&sr=8-2&keywords=3%2F4%22+white+elastic Amazon
Bra hooks  Hobby Lobby

Thigh Garter belt - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29991-thigh-garter-system/  
Gloves (ANOVOS supplied) or - https://trooperbay.com/flexible-hand-guards-in-white-black-or-plain.html not sourced yet
Rubber hand guards (Joseph) - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35702-latex-hand-guards-for-centurion-level-anh/    
Undersuit Amazon (DRSKIN)
Waist Belt other - Kittle's belts) - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/ not sourced yet, but will be from here
Edited by StrmTRPR85
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Awesome! Make sure to have your camera at the ready and ask lots of questions first. That was my big mistake, and I regret not doing it early on in my build.

I have been taking so many along the way, and I feel like I'm not taking enough as I go.  So far I only made one tiny mistake that I am going to document as well so everyone can see the fix and how well it will work

Well obligatory BBB picture of course.  I opened it up and rummaged through a bit (I did not take everything out as it was Christmas Eve when Santa dropped off my BBB).  

e373Qu6gVJrg5QvGCseXUnH-kS6uYHwKPnZwwJy9

1cta6c2e946Qmf858IqjzAUudP59DJxMrgqTEOye

Edited by StrmTRPR85
Remove attached photos to replace with link
  • Like 2

So I started build with what any sane first timer would.....my bucket!

I followed the natural lines I could tell that are left over from the pull, and drilled out three holes in the corner of the eyes and then cut out with lexan scissors.

vW5coL0w9cJyAZsgoy93wZ47qmO5mol-18grvGTJ

Eep8heYf39qHQDpLDaavQSqUruU0hzwcac3yCoqI

DnYSsdh3lWk2ko7Flwmbs9ja5mhh0KXfNBrh-_k-

wdf3BpykDuO2xshxT28mOmN2EMJ4Ss4ZsqEYjiKy

I did notice a small ridge near the bottom of the vent tubes.  I reached out to Walt and he mentioned they are a normal occurance and as long as it was not soft underneath it will not be a problem.  I gave it a push with my thumb and determined the part was not an issue but will reinforce from the inside later to play it safe

NsS_1wBm1MhwnPGqNVNIaFbU9AH6oKdP3bg_eRoS

Edited by StrmTRPR85
updated google photo url

Eyes cut out but still rough.  I ended up dremeling them from the back and sanding them down to give a clean look. 

iefQYFcZGxELsWWlnZWnl3muxBOFcVgZ7bMCpeBu

I drilled out my teeth,

EjZFi6g1m6P3q6SEoSmWajkURYIGnmdnBmle610v

LKZMO4PmTbBPITKA06ZcJmBLrrsf_KACs8UYWog-

but i miscounted the teeth and drilled an extra hole on the left side of the frown! :icon_eek:  I'll be making some ABS paste to fill this in and follow up with the fix.  I'll continue with shaping teeth until i get to that point.

I picked  up a hobby file set today from Lowes to further shape my teeth and clean them up.  Do I go all the way to the beginning of the frown "lips"?

UCnkF9PROk6t5NakGYbyA_Mz6Sbiz7mUDkkx7R3h

Edited by StrmTRPR85
updated google photo url

Now for trimming the shell of the bucket it self.  I followed the video on Walts Tropper Factory build resources regarding trimming this piece.  I used a cloth measuring tape and measured from the back of one trapezoid to the back of another to give me my brow line that I drew with my dry erase marker

OWIBfLiyzZieiUjoIeoLxzbanRjsDJ_6KgAXuukK

VI_mP07T6AQyXpRTutdTRV0LUDfzrNnXmXWaK1oA

wCjj0DbuS2yesyRsLkBd0O06uVt9ZoF_SHUY8v5N

Of course before I cut anything I remembered that my brow trim will slide on and cover a portion of what I cut off so I aligned the brow trim with where I was going to cut and drew another line to ensure the height of the brow trim was where I wanted it to be

d51xtvY6HQgcmIEPaiNe1ktwIy4Dlj_UFM7QnLMA

After I cut it all out, and placed the brow trim on it to see how it aligned, I believe I need to to come up higher and further back so that it touches the back of the trapezoid correct?

flslJL8Aj1TV2PT3rZI9rPINZmj99pPNg-5kK-Zu

Edited by StrmTRPR85
updated google photo url

14 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

You are on a roll!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Frank1769!  Really just diving in and being as fearless as I can be.  I finally got around to updating the build thread with my posts and pics from my Google Photos drive.  Full size image for easy viewing pleasure until I get something to post them directly here :smiley-sw013:

Great start! I would trim a bit more off the teeth, but I think that's more personal preference than a requirement. And yes I'd take a hair more off the top of the helmet so the brow trim aligns better to the bottom of the trap.

Btw I also used Google photos to share my build photos and you should be able to get the direct link to the image and paste it into your posts and it will get converted to an embedded image.

Jeff,

Doing the same build and having some of the same issues as you. Check out my build thread for pictures and comments others made to help me out. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I have not been updating much but i have done a lot of the build.  

zbPRvrANxw9SRxaQBDJCDtifVS5bwgOsyWZT6tDf

I was able to fix my vents lining up so now it looks much better.  I just need to trim a bit of the brow so that the brow trim moves up and wont be covering the eyes.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:42 PM, shashachu said:

Great start! I would trim a bit more off the teeth, but I think that's more personal preference than a requirement. And yes I'd take a hair more off the top of the helmet so the brow trim aligns better to the bottom of the trap.

Btw I also used Google photos to share my build photos and you should be able to get the direct link to the image and paste it into your posts and it will get converted to an embedded image.

what do you think now ShaShachu?  I started it and really like the rounded teeth look now

wuEUwxBpemC5AGVBZlCFnEargQKucitdSwvyG_2_

• Like 1

Started work on the forearms.

I noticed and found from searching that the left forearms have a slight curve to it while the right is more straight

GqIGxf_6-RBx4AhBeAWnNx4B6z-hQ2tM4X6xY8Fr

I roughed trim the return edges on the wrist than took my dremel sanding drum and removed the rest of the return edge.

RHAWYEhF6sx1wyGTc3-L6YdnnJ9MrsGX5q5wnre-

Left Wrist

YjLgdIwe2SBUm6pDylbGyTKN4HZA0wDAo9rvYF_b

Left Elbow

O87aLfJ8Cn5IZi_a4pyqpIO-yCBUyHemn_b06PWA

Moving up the left arm the next stop was the left bicep.

Left bicep also had a slight curve, as well as a thumbprint on the back section

HwLSMrfMs2IgmCCOJUDDoeISgxNwUEbbuiMMuK21

I left some return edge on each end of the bicep.  Approximately 5-7 mm is what I kept not shown in this picture.  I can always sand more away as necessary once I wear the armor more and find any pinch points.

S7DM1HFyJuGX0cXZLk15JuQ_gRGpa5tQf6iou11z

For whatever reason I have had the hardest time with cutting cover strips.  I finally came to this setup with some assistance from everyone that contributed to my post 

I came to find that even that I had my straight edge held down with spring clamps I was pushing too hard with my utility knife rather than gently scoring it a few times and then bending and snapping.

o6qeOF3iAQRbfvPlGi1XwCEjunmjnLie_--OCyPs

Just a bit of fine tuning to the left forearm to get the fit just right.

I did have a bit of length after I had the forearms lined up.  I will make a cut here after I have the cover strip on, since this will be covered and not noticable.

JehiOBMY_LbeIwA_Ic44zIRb-G5WNlndh4SuCnA_

I roughed up in the inside to add ensure the strip I put inside the forearm could grip well.

mLWIi_qo7BfpFR01gp1ZR70QT_IKjNy-9KRv-w4b

Alright first item to glue!!!!

u8rD07eLBmupNbqQL9-ICl9YCYIAeLx0ttl_iZUu

Now the wait begins

• Like 1

After waiting about 48 hours, (work, kids, kitchen remodel) here is what I turned up with:

w3nGiNQnHVNXuGhT7PbvlLFb9SWkO9hhHMyB6kjSzJaZDbmGLZ7eEs9_lKzy4MQZlX1Xin3iXauWI-ieqn9fIXI0pujNtyer62mXXgpvCjDwkmnq6cpio9NjGubTUksr2OA0jE-ycEKV2UpGTd1SNlbGUxwRCNoPlfMpBXXugiaxNWJaYv4djOq4Wbzok0deD643km_USjwnLSZyUmEORviG5Gejcj2SuTt_My7GdcwuAlTf

I still have a bit of trimming to do, as well as round the edges of the cover strips.  Not a requirement but done to prevent catching clothing and comfort.

Also I have plenty of E6000 to remove.  Luckily it rubs off pretty easily with my thumb.

• Like 2