From CT Phase II to Stormie Phase I Armour

Double Dee

I'm reading Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight and the author makes reference to Stormtroopers, not Clone Troopers. The story arch is suppose to occur 3 months after the rise of the Empire. So my question is. When did our favourite Stormie armour first appear in canon? Was it once Palpatine declared himself Emperor? Or was it much later into his rule?

I'm thinking the authour FUBARed it, because he seems to be using later trilogy jargon for this time period.

Anyone can clear this up for me??? :)

Thanks.

DD.

I'm reading Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight and the author makes reference to Stormtroopers, not Clone Troopers. The story arch is suppose to occur 3 months after the rise of the Empire. So my question is. When did our favourite Stormie armour first appear in canon? Was it once Palpatine declared himself Emperor? Or was it much later into his rule?

I'm thinking the authour FUBARed it, because he seems to be using later trilogy jargon for this time period.

Anyone can clear this up for me??? :)

Thanks.

DD.

Just because they call them stormtroopers doesn't mean they have "classic" armor. My guess is that once Palpy takes complete control, he changes the armed forces around and they're now called stormtroopers.

Just because they call them stormtroopers doesn't mean they have "classic" armor. My guess is that once Palpy takes complete control, he changes the armed forces around and they're now called stormtroopers.

True. But through all the movies they were called Clone Troopers, never a mention of Stormtroopers (not that I recall). But still, just something I picked up on and thought about the shift to the more 'classic' armour we all know.

So when was the shift, outside of FU, is there a point when PHII CT armour turned into TK PH1? Wookipedia doesn't really have anything.