TM vs. RS

Hello, My first post on White Armor! I'm stuck between deciding on purchasing Stormtrooper Hero Armor and Helmet Fully Assembled from TM or purchasing Stormtrooper Stunt Armor and Helmet Fully Assembled from RS. I'm also stuck on going Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper. If I go Sandtrooper, I'm going to go RS. My height is 5' 11'and I'm 145 pounds.

PS. I was originally going to go SDS, But than saw the truth of AA.

• Like 1

Both are some of the most accurate kits out there, you can’t go wrong with either.

RS offers PVC, but other than that they both offer most/all goods needed to take these kits to Centurion and beyond, so price/wait time may be the deciding factor.

PS: Why not go best of both worlds (TK vs. TD) and go with a Heavy Weapons ateooper?

38 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Both are some of the most accurate kits out there, you can’t go wrong with either.

RS offers PVC, but other than that they both offer most/all goods needed to take these kits to Centurion and beyond, so price/wait time may be the deciding factor.

PS: Why not go best of both worlds (TK vs. TD) and go with a Heavy Weapons ateooper?

Definitely, I was just looking on RS's website and it appears the Sandy commission price dropped a bit. I think I may jump the gun on the RS Sandy and than later down the road pick up an ANH Stunt from RS. The price and wait times are a deciding factor but for me the lineage is also a factor. The RS suit is like 90% cast from an Original so for me that is all the more reason to go RS. Thanks for the reply!

I can’t vouch for timeframes for a full RS commission but their kit got to me in Sydney in one week, so no complaints here. Obviously one would expect a commission to take considerably longer. Just thought I’d share that irrelevant fact :P

Edited by shadan
Spelling

Wow - what an awesome predicament to be in! I started looking for TK armour back in the early 2000’s and the options were, “not a lot”, “pretty bad”, “slightly less-bad than the other one” etc. These days we have options as good as these!!
I think you’ve picked two of the best options available (and done well to avoid one of the worst) and, from the builds I’ve seen, you won’t be disappointed with either.
RS has the heritage and the full “worts and all” appearance, whereas TM is beautifully recreated with a slightly cleaner look (still amazing, but less bumps on the cap). I work near SDS and have looked up close at their armour. Erm, let’s not go there. ;-)

525af1289c9139d92af6a8268ff03411.jpg

If I were you, I’d be tempted to look at a few of the build threads on here for both makers and see if you prefer one over the other for people of a similar size and build to you.
Daniel, aka “The Swede”, has already built a wonderful TM hero suit and is now working on a TM stunt. They’d be worth a look.

Best wishes,
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2017-12-26 at 8:35 AM, CableGuy said:

Daniel, aka “The Swede”, has already built a wonderful TM hero suit and is now working on a TM stunt. They’d be worth a look.

I just saw this - thank you Dan, most kind :salute:

• Like 1

Having seen both many times, and often next to each other, neither is a bad pick.  A lot of it comes down to the decision of bumps or no? TM also offers a bit more in the way of material options as he does Acrylic Capped (I think in 2mm) which is a much brighter white, but I prefer the look of plain ABS.

TM is also very approachable and does post on here if you have any questions.  I haven't spoken to RS so I can't comment on that one.