Shaun’s RS Props ANH Stunt build

shadan

I was thinking of trimming maybe 10-15mm off the top and bottom of the bells and then following the curve around from there. It will definitely sit much better/closer against the chest plate if I do this. 

w5OfpvN.jpg

Unsure yet just how the bicep will sit (It’s just held there with painters tape in this image) but once the elastic is on the shoulder bell it should be ok. I think...

tw1H6HR.jpg

Edited by shadan
  • Like 1

I thought I’d better include some info on my E-11. 
It’s nothing too special, not fancy electronics or anything, just a DoopyDoos build I finished a little while back. 

Making the scope bracket was pretty simple (I used the references here of course) and the only other mods I did was to replace the moulded hex bolts with actual bolts. 

ByymZKv.jpg

iWsEM0y.jpg

iQcMEB5.jpg

zFLZBBy.jpg

I did make all the joins super strong. Everything is either pinned or screwed in place. I definitely learnt my lessons with the F-11D I built a while back. I must go fix that some day...

I thought I’d better include some info on my E-11. 
It’s nothing too special, not fancy electronics or anything, just a DoopyDoos build I finished a little while back. 

Making the scope bracket was pretty simple (I used the references here of course) and the only other mods I did was to replace the moulded hex bolts with actual bolts. 

ByymZKv.jpg&key=6f99376e92e41f97b67bbd96216747c146a0dc30471f36f8f86c9251d5b34fc0

iWsEM0y.jpg&key=76776c057c1cc712469d2e54beeddfbdd437c57926be27a5f2ab2bc00d9e5569

iQcMEB5.jpg&key=c9eb21ef1716cbd7400ac82bd7e3fc47f87ad78a301518bdef3f9563b9807428

zFLZBBy.jpg&key=55e8eda8dc8b192a39dea9fe1ba5ad0b07e80170aed2277f3ab7b6e408bb3fa3

I did make all the joins super strong. Everything is either pinned or screwed in place. I definitely learnt my lessons with the F-11D I built a while back. I must go fix that some day...

Lovely work, sir. :-)

If I may give the mildest of constructive feedback, the t-tracks, rear part of the Hengstler counter and the grip were plastic on the E-11 so, ideally, would not have the ‘metal effect’ weathering. This is now listed as a Centurion level requirement, if you choose to go that route. :-)
  • Like 1

Just now, CableGuy said:

Lovely work, sir. :-)

If I may give the mildest of constructive feedback, the t-tracks, rear part of the Hengstler counter and the grip were plastic on the E-11 so, ideally, would not have the ‘metal effect’ weathering. This is now listed as a Centurion level requirement, if you choose to go that route. :-)

Yes, you are 100% correct. One of my garrison mates pointed it out when I did it :/ 

It will be done! :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shadan said:

Ran out of steam (and holidays) on this. See you in another two years!

No way Shaun, you are committed now, even if I have to come down there and help you get it done :P

Ok. Fine :D

I thought I’d better try kitting up completely as I hadn’t worn it all at the same time yet.  @mynock was over having a beer so what better time to try right?

It definitely helped to identify a few issues, mainly with adjusting the strapping etc. 

These weren’t meant to be approval shots but I wanted to see how everything looked so figured we’d take the standard poses...

FmiJzaA.jpg

6A9jq98.jpg

ioi62Bb.jpg

7kzB0Xc.jpg

WA868pr.jpg

kW9Y4v3.jpg

Gu8o835.jpg

oxvqHkR.jpg

Alright, so the issues I need to fix:

1. The plastic shoulder straps need to be angled out slightly to better meet the back plate. This may help with covering the white elastic also which is too visible. A bit of adjusting the shoulder bell and bicep up my arm more could also help with the tension. 

2. Need to tighten the back-to-kidney strapping elastics. The gap is big I know but it isn’t HUGE. With my height it’s a bit of an issue. I want to find a good balance there without making the back plate look too low. 

3. Adjust the side strapping on the butt plate as the sides stick out a little. It’s really noticeable in that ‘action’ shot above.  

4. Rotate limbs better next time I take photos, and do the shins up properly. 

5. Re-glue the hand plates AGAIN as they keep peeling off.

6. Seems like the gaps in my legs are quite large. Not much I can do about that! Curse my long legs. 

7. Add the elastics to the shoulder straps. This may also assist with point 1. 

8. I’m concerned the sniper knee plate isn’t quite aligned perfectly. It’s a tricky thing to get right. I may revisit this later.  

But for a first kit up I’m pretty happy. Dressing issues always happen and it’s good to see how the kit sits on me from all the angles. 
The end is insight I think. 

Edited by shadan
  • Like 1

Looks good Shaun.
You could wear the belt a little higher up in the front so it sits just at the bottom of the lowest button.
Also make sure your under suit doesn’t bunch up at the elbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Looks good Shaun.
You could wear the belt a little higher up in the front so it sits just at the bottom of the lowest button.
Also make sure your under suit doesn’t bunch up at the elbows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes definitely. I did mean to mention that above lol

• Like 1

Looks excellent.  it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into your build and it shows.  I see no issues with approval as long as those items you mentioned are fixed.  The sniper plate looks fine to me.  If you really want, you can raise it vertically a bit and rotate it towards the back of the shin, but it looks good.  Keep up the good work

Thanks for that. 
I’ll post some more close ups of the knee plate soon.

I think it’s close but it was a pain to try and position. It just did not want to sit like I see on other kits and as required for those higher levels.

This is my sniper knee. It was so hard to get it looking like this, lots of head scratching to try and work out how to get it into position. 

QDhaafm.jpg

m6D8Jql.jpg

(This is the outer and better side)

N8wWBUB.jpg

(This side is not so great)

HCJL6vo.jpg

(Not the best on the inside either)

Still to do...

1. Adjust the strapping on the butt plate as the sides stick out a little.

2. Re-glue the hand plates AGAIN as they keep peeling off.

3. Fill those tiny gaps on the front and back of the thighs 

4. Repaint my E-11

• Like 2

With the blaster, all I really needed to do (I think?) was to paint the t-tracks. 
I had originally planned to do a complete respray but decided to get out a paint brush instead.

After doing the t-tracks I also painted the main grip again as it had a few trooping scars. I’ve been trooping it with my ST, yes I know it’s not technically the right E-11 but here we are. 
In the end both the t-tracks and main grip have a more plastic look. Will take pics once it’s all dried and cured. 

I also re-glued one of the latex hand plates to the gloves again. 

Just some adjustments to the kidney to butt connections and I’m ready for a L2 photo shoot I think!

• Like 1