First Ever Build (TD) Straight to the sandpit (hopefully)

Sandy

I recently fulfilled a bucket list dream of ordering and starting to build my own kit.  Whilst I do admire a shiny TK, my heart had always leaned to the filthy kings of Mos Eisley, the Sandtrooper, so we're jumping straight in there. 

To outlay my plans for the build; this won't be a mega quick complete.  With a two young children I'll be stealing as many moments to cut, trim, sand, glue, curse, un-glue and glue again as I possibly can.  The backpack I know I'll need for MEPD PO but this will be the last addition as we'll need Kofi Annan to peace talk with my wife before that's all purchased.  I hadn't fully appreciated the extra costs such as the Pauldron, Back Pack, T-21 (non-essential but a must have for me) weathering kit etc etc but hey ho, build what you love, not what you appreciate :)   

For reference, my kit is 2mm ABS and purchased from the hugely respected Ross @ RWA Creations.  Whilst friends have used other suppliers for their kit and been incredibly pleased with theirs, Ross has been a great support with excellent communications and a stunningly formed kit.  I would definitely recommend him.

All feedback, critique, advice, pats on the back and rebukes will be warmly received during this build process....    

BBB1.jpg

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

... we'll need Kofi Annan to peace talk with my wife before that's all purchased.  

Haha! I know what you mean. My next build will be a Sandtrooper. I haven't been approved yet and I'm already planning for my next one. :D Good luck with your build and have fun!

Hey Andy good luck on your build, looking forward to it. I highly suggest you mimic this build on the MEPD so folks there can follow along also, as well as there you'll get the best advice if you choose to build towards SWAT.

Thanks Guys.  I registered for MEPD forums yesterday morning and am just waiting for it to be authorised over there.  Once approved I'll heed your sage advice and duplicate.  Thank you all for the guidance, I really appreciate it.

Last night I cracked open the scissors again and really started going at the kit.  It being 2mm didn't make it the easiest of tasks and after around 2 hours I started to notice that parts of the protective film on the armour were going a dark pink.  After looking closer I realised my fingers were bleeding.  I pressed on until my thumb went numb.

All bits need to be sanded (in every sense of the word!) to make them smooth.  More cutting tonight.

My wife has a day off work so I've told her she can pick up on the trimming where I left off.  She laughed which I'm hoping translates to "When you get home from work, it will be finished"  

Trim Trim.jpg