Can I get some opinions on armor?

So I'm new here (only my 2nd post lol), and I have read the warnings about which armorer's to stay away from and I've seen the list of reputable sellers. What I would like is personal opinions on Armor qualities and thoughts on which ones are relatively cheap. I'm hoping to get a set of TK armor together by my 31st birthday preferably without breaking the bank.

Some of the armor kits I'm seeing online would run me between $800 and $1,500 of course after further researching those sellers they seem to be on the do not buy list.

So if anyone has any advice on quality armor at a relatively low price I would be very appreciative for the help.

Edited by ZeroRaven

Have a look at what people are building in the build threads, and then approach the makers for costs.  I am sure they are used to people enquiring so don't worry about it.  The recommended sellers list is a pretty decent starting point.  Most people aren't going to give you a "get x" as there's a number of variables that will do into that decision, and cost is only one of them.