Follano armour

nilrem

Never heard of it, I'd suggest they have a read through vetted sellers list in the Getting Started section

• Like 1

GF, he sculpted the original FX kit, and later on sold TE derivatives in a deal he made with TE back in the day. One of the first guys to sell TK kits. He went on to sell his moulds to AP  I think. He was also as far as I know the only maker to get a cease and desist order from LFL.

• Like 3

Wow, I've only ever once see GF armor from GF and that was in 2007.  As noted, he sold his molds and was the original FX maker.  For us skinny people, those original FX thighs (the later models were re-done to be more barrel like) were rare and gold.

Wasn't aware he usually signed his kits back in the day.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Just spotted this. I had a set of GF armour in the uk early 2000's

Its use at 501's UKG events was expressly forbidden by the UKG organizer at the time.

Here is a section of the email (2003) from him informing me of this, note it features LFL/Hasbro, even C3PO gets a mention.

"This is absolutely true of official events that are done on behalf of LFL, 20th C. Fox or Hasbro, we have been told that the FX variant is OK, mainly due to the fact that it's fan-sculpted, whereas they have issues with the movie-cast stuff, because it is outright illegal. Not my doing, LFL's request to me via Anthony Daniels and Sue from LFL Marketing, and there is no shifting on it. You want to attend any standard events in your suit, no-one is stopping you, but if it's official, then you cannot get involved, this goes for anyone who has a 'cast' of a movie suit."

Edited by DarthGiddyeous

The irony of a GF suit being selected for both Mando and Kenobi when 501st members appeared is absolutely not lost on me. They're still out there.

On 12/15/2017 at 7:22 AM, nilrem said:

Anyone know about these kits? Are they ok for approval? A cadet is asking i've never heard of it. 

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/imperialfanGF.htm

Didn't GF also tread the boards over the rpf not long back? I'd be keen to see how this kit looks today, one of the RS kits I've got is starting to look like a banana & it isn't any way near as old as this GF!

hope its cool to add the Hx link?

I also second Deatrin's comment B) maybe back then it was easy to tell? :huh:

• 1 month later...