A Well-Loved Hasbro E-11

I found a well-loved Hasbro E-11 on Fleabay for a pittance. The photos show a lot of wear and decals peeling off. Awww. I suspect that the color (mostly white, some black, and some orange highlights) is not exactly canon ;), so I think I will show it some more love with fine sandpaper and a Krylon 9147 Blaster. Maybe two layers of paint, perhaps flat black over dark blue or gray, and light sanding to reveal the bottom layer. I have a week of research before it arrives. 

Go for E, as well. The weathering is half the fun!

I saw a painted Rubie's recently for a tiny sum and thought I'd get it for knocking around and practicing "safe carry" with. If anyone says anything about the accuracy, I'll tell them it's a cheap Corellian knock-off I confiscated from some rebel scum.

• Like 1

Hmmm. It wouldn't take all that much effort. I think I'd do two layers of paint, then sand it lightly. 

Some of the colors for that are easy: paint the sight brass and then flat black. 

But the rest of it: for the "metal" parts, some kind of metallic gray and then black? And the "plastic" parts, flat black and then glossy? 

2 hours ago, Timberwoof said:

And the "plastic" parts, flat black and then glossy?

I was thinking glossier on the "rub" sections; where the heel of the hand rubs the grip, where you regularly grab the t-tracks. Each person's blaster would rub (and wear) slightly differently. I was going to handle some beeswax and then handle the blaster, point it various ways, then see where the waxy smudges were.

My holster is thin enough I can feel which edges are hitting as it moves. Try it and you should get a sense of where to add weathering. Leading edges of the barrel 9-10 & 2-3 o'clock, leading edge of the stock side wings. Sides of the sight wings...

• Like 1

Four colors of Krylon Fusion. I suspect that will be amost twice what I spent on the Hasbro. I checked prices of the Rubies on eBay. I am happy with my choice of Hasbro. 

Edited by Timberwoof
price check!
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm heading to Denver for MileHiCon this weekend (2018-10-20) and I'm bringing my TK armor with me. (I intend to roam the dealers and ask them whether they have their operating permits in order. ;)) Their weapons policy requires that costume weapons be peace-tied. I came up with a simple solution that is obvious enough for con rules but not devastating to the look of the costume. I used orange ribbon and velcro. It goes through the trigger guard so it doesn't slip off, and I'm putting it over the strap because. 
E-11peacetie.jpg