Em
Liz
Marie
Anais
Skate
Sharon

NTA:
Aaron

REPORT: With a last minute call for some media coverage some of our troopers arrived at the cinema early afternoon, we found our change area and kitted up. Quite a good display was put on by the cinema, as well they had a mural outside which people could have photos with, so of course we indulged.

Then we waited and waited and waited until @6.30pm came and decided media wasn't going to show up so we headed back to take a break. Liz found out during the night that the media was diverted to another story of higher importance, a dog attack, I did say we could get the Wookee to bite someone but that idea although inventive was dismissed.

We met up with Tash from Disney and Darran from Accessreel and received some instructions as to what was required then we headed out again to man the floor until the start of an early session of The Force Awakens.

Most of our troopers happy to walk around and have photos with the public, our crewman getting extremely into the whole cinema experience then thought he was actually a stunt man, he achieved a few body rolls until eventually pushing it just a little too far and wiping out a line of bollards.

8pm and time to take a break, big thanks to Tash for putting on pizza for the hungry troopers, a varied selection, most going for meat but some preferring vegetarian and what's up with avocado on a pizza?.

@9.30pm and bellies full we headed back out, the crowds starting to swell and many had arrived dressed up in their favourite character for the costume competition. Although many of us would have liked to enter we are seen as professional costumers, our CO catching and pulling me away from the sign up table more than once, I call foul.

@11.15pm the winner was announced at the costume competition most patrons then headed to the cinema queues so we decided to head back to the change area and get ourselves ready for the screening. Our wranglers getting in to the cinema to save some seats for us, thanks girls. Jerry and Brad stayed in costume for the Mark Raats poster giveaway.

One perk of being a 501st or RL member is we get to jump the queues, most of us getting seated before the general public.

With popcorn in hand and an executioner helmet drink container and The Last Jedi about to start I was content, or was I ;)

I have probably forgotten a lot but it was such a busy night and so much happened.

A big thank you to both Tash and Darran for hosting and organising the private screening and our attendance, both extremely pleased with how the night went and our interaction.

I also must thank our wranglers, you make want we do so much easier.

INJURIES: I'm sure Luke will have a couple of bruises

CASUALTIES: 3 bollards

ARMOR REPAIRS: None

HAPPY PEOPLE: Everyone

UNHAPPY PEOPLE: Those of us that arrived early and missed an afternoon nap, Liz as she wasn't allowed to take BB-8, Le Ben as he missed the COCO trailer ;)

MISSION STATUS: Complete

REPORT BY: TK85421

lJbDLSV.jpg

IZUH0Qr.jpg

Kc73fz9.jpg

When your wrangler upgrades too ;) 

M6nRZ02.jpg