TLJ Captain Phasma CRL Thread

Daetrin

4 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Hey Brandi - just so you know I'm not forgetting or ignoring these.  OK, well ignoring for a bit but I'm adding in the bits to the first post and also sending text out to the LMOs, as right now I think we have enough photos for an initial CRL.  Like all CRLs, they are not static and will likely evolve over time as better images and also more accurate armor, etc. becomes available.

No worries! I'm sure there are more pressing matters out there. ;)

I do have a side by side comparison of the Imperial boots black Spec OPS vs. Phasma TLJ screen grab, if that helps. I can send that over as needed. i know I've already inundated you with photos!

That would be great!  Esp. as I'm sure the LMOs will be asking about that part.  Posting the links here is great as they can see this thread directly too.

I've submitted the text to the LMOs and let's see what they come back with.  Any other tweaks you think should be done (I keep the first post updated for easy tracking).

7 hours ago, Daetrin said:

That would be great!  Esp. as I'm sure the LMOs will be asking about that part.  Posting the links here is great as they can see this thread directly too.

I've submitted the text to the LMOs and let's see what they come back with.  Any other tweaks you think should be done (I keep the first post updated for easy tracking).

Not the prettiest comparison, but somewhat effective. I can do a more formal one, as needed. This is the boot I'd like to use for my TLJ Phasma because I believe this is what was used. From the research I've done, it appears that some TK boot was used and this seems most similar.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/l3gjbwsm/

You cannot see the side seam and it's hard to say for certain that it's exact, but costume departments (and Art Dept) are known for recycling wardrobe for various characters, etc. There looks to be a piece of black elastic holding the toe pieces to the heel armor, and that seems to cover the seam and obscure the elastic panel some.

When I used to go to Western Costume and some of the wardrobe houses, I'd often see the same items used over and over. We Art Dept (and Costumers) often use the same things repeatedly, if it works, don't break it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been pouring over all of the reference materials I could get my hands on and was wondering if someone can help me confirm some things... apologies if these things have been hashed out already!

1. The gasket for the knee appears to have a cutout/slit for movement. The first time I saw this was in a magazine photoshoot, so I dug through frame by frame and found what I think is matching screen references for the opening. If I was to hazard a guess, there are two gaskets for each leg, one is the thigh gasket (which the knee armour plate is connected to, and a shin gasket. The shin gasket tucks under the thigh/knee gasket which causes the overhanging knee plate that I see often

2. Some of the finger armour appears to have a recessed groove like the hand plate. Every second and third finger plate has the groove, whilst only the thumb tip has a groove. The index and middle finger armour also has a raised section with a small pillbox like recess (like the hand plate).

3. In the CRL and visual guide the SE-44c has chroming but the one she fires in the film is all black. Are either OK?

4. The frown on TLJ Phasma is a lot tighter than TFA Phasma. I've been measuring against the Anovos I am deconstructing and there are some differences that make the frown thinner. I have yet to document this properly. I am starting to think they changed the faceplate only, not the whole bucket.

Thigh/knee/shin gasket references:

RA2DCFO.jpg&key=09ae5ca19ec1f71921df9d152b04d57fba96ffea7df54a0813a796cb23b51a3f

x2lYAL4.jpg&key=f1bc0a3d088b07c8f702265bc4491c1511614e64bf787f712e0f317cffd2d57b

Here is the overhang reference:

6h4ZXPL.jpg&key=0ab30a16d5081ff7cff60111d49802a28a42eff22afa1e8e7ec9dbc65dce2b5e

Finger Armour references:

cBuknhA.jpg&key=0b3d4ebf79a44aeca97054cafb434bb2796737f03b96446d2daeb42d2c6608a8

JrrybSS.jpg&key=c4d85fb4858e16f6ae86c38be1d4b6c4ba36b8957bc09fa7cf1ebc0ad2138ab6

kvZ61tL.jpg&key=1386a83be968d48d5b18a8506536fae8cdda708dab83fad43f6ed35b55c67608

SE-44C reference pics:

P8TPjL2.png&key=f8e646b0edd08712ae8989b837ca979fd26cde2078944b913852c24f3774b507

Edited by nanotek
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Right then time for some change requests on the nice new CRL! :laugh1:  These are what I've been fed from the armourer team in my Garrison.

• 2nd Blaster needs changing to the pistol
  • Cape has only one strap, currently says 2.
  • Quick Silver Baton description is wrong - no circles, they are all rounded slots.

"The Baton has a cut out sections centered 1/3rd from each end that is comprise of a three Rounded Slots which match the onscreen reference."

• Undersuit is not shiny for the "shorts", it should have leather or pleather type satin material.

Oh and Davids ID is 19666 not 16714!

• 3 weeks later...

Chris - I'm able to modify this but can you please make this update with an "is" and "should be"?  For instance changing the strap, I'm not sure how exactly to edit this.  

• 3 years later...

@Soulart can you clarify this by chance?

If the CRL is incorrect than this is a quick and easy adjustment I can make, just need to request CRL access and I will amend.

10 hours ago, indiechixor said:

Hi all, I know it’s been a minute but I’m finishing my TLJ cape and there is only 1 strap attached to the red stripe (as @themaninthesuitcase said) but I don’t want to be denied if the CRL still says 2. 

• Like 1

There is definitely 2 straps lower on TLJ cape. Like TFA. I’m not certain where you got the info that there is only one.
.9b9d589af38e1f6ee21d77ce375a39cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right then time for some change requests on the nice new CRLdefault_laugh1.gif  These are what I've been fed from the armourer team in my Garrison.
  • 2nd Blaster needs changing to the pistol
  • Cape has only one strap, currently says 2.
  • Quick Silver Baton description is wrong - no circles, they are all rounded slots.

"The Baton has a cut out sections centered 1/3rd from each end that is comprise of a three Rounded Slots which match the onscreen reference."

• Undersuit is not shiny for the "shorts", it should have leather or pleather type satin material.

Oh and Davids ID is 19666 not 16714!

There are 2 straps on TLJ cape. Not 1.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, indiechixor said:

Yes thank you both for the clarification, it was super unclear by all the screenshots I was looking from. 

And I noticed these images weren't in the gallery section so they have just been added ;) 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2022 at 11:32 PM, Soulart said:

There is definitely 2 straps lower on TLJ cape. Like TFA. I’m not certain where you got the info that there is only one.
.9b9d589af38e1f6ee21d77ce375a39cd.jpg

The crl pic of the cape is a bit confusing though since it only shows one strap on the red edge and one near the pockets.

I feel a bit uncertain about the material of the strap. In the crl picture it looks just like the fabric of the cape (glossy black). Is it really leather/pleather?

IMG_3159.jpeg

Edited by Coil

16 hours ago, Coil said:
The crl pic of the cape is a bit confusing though since it only shows one strap on the red edge and one near the pockets.

I feel a bit uncertain about the material of the strap. In the crl picture it looks just like the fabric of the cape (glossy black). Is it really leather/pleather?[/url]

I had the same issue with my own build in that regard. I only saw 1 strap so I sewed one strap.
But as you can see here, there’s definitely two.

8HRqnV0.jpg

Regarding the glossiness, I feel one should use the same method in preparing the strap as the rest of the cape, that is, they shouldn’t be two separate materials. They don’t look any different

Edited by indiechixor

Both Phasma CRL's have needed an update for some time, issue is not many members with Phasma experience visit these forums.

large.4k-swlastjedi-starwarsscreencaps.c

large.4k-swlastjedi-starwarsscreencaps.c

I would think the staps would be the same material as the cape but I could be wrong