Bradley's ANH Stunt Build [Anovos]

You may want to take a direct front on photo as it appears a corner is over hanging on the larger ab plate top right.

So I'm about 5'6 or so, meaning the thighs are probably about an inch or two too long.  

anovostk19.jpg

Here are some concerns I have:

• Should I have the body pretty much finished before I begin trimming length off of the legs?
  • Should the inner strips of the thighs be glued in place before I begin trimming to fit me lengthwise?
  • In order to trim off the top, have I got the right idea of where to trim the thighs lengthwise? Notice the double line indicates where I will attempt to form a new return edge on the outsides of the thighs. 

anovostk20.jpg

It’s looking good. I would contact your local garrison and ask for advice. They may suggest you hold off until approved. Overall, before you start snipping things you can’t glue back, it’s always good to ask for help from the powers that be. I think you’re looking good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy trooping (I just trooped four events the past three days, making for 20 troops for the year and something like 80 hours this year in armor).

Unfortunately, I lost Jon as my attaché and so the build got sidelined for a minute as I'm at the place now where I'll need a hand fitting the legs to size. I'm really thankful for the time Jon was able to invest in this project of mine, he was also a source of a lot of encouragement. I have zero skill or love for making costumes, I just love trooping, and so fellow members of the Alabama Garrison are moving in to help me finish this build before the new CRL kicks in (I should be grandfathered in).

My E-11 from Imperial Warfighters arrived and because I'm just having a great year, so far, it arrived broken in a few places. The trigger is about to fall out, the ammo counter isn't secure, the front sights are broken, and the rail isn't secured. IW is shipping out some parts to make a repair on the front sights and has filed a claim for the damage.

E11-IW-damage01.jpgE11-IW-damage02.jpgE11-IW-damage03.jpg

1 hour ago, AngryEwok said:

finish this build before the new CRL kicks in (I should be grandfathered in).

Hey Bradley, talk about a ”super-Trooper”:smiley-sw013:

Here’s the general guidline for approvals:salute:

1.  You must have started (and documented) your build here on the FISD prior to June 1st.

2.  You will have until September 1st (approximately 90 days) of this year to submit for Expert Infantry and then Centurion if you opt to go for higher levels with that particular set of armor.

3.  We took into consideration that an average set of armor takes approximately 3 months (or less) to build and that "life happens", but if you find that it will be taking longer than the 90 days, you will be required to contact the D.O. staff if you are aiming for EI or Centurion and explain your situation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy in the garrison invited me over to his shop this weekend to help me move forward on the TK build. We went ahead and did the velcro assembly and I think I'll switch to poppers once we've adjusted the fitting. It isn't much, but this is more progress than I've been able to make by myself for some time, so I felt really encouraged. I absolutely cannot stress how terrible I am at costuming.

My homework this week will be to replace the shoulder straps with the correct white nylon, attach the covers, and get my Kittel belt ready. The sooner I can get this torso fitted correctly, the sooner I will know (1) what I'm looking at, in terms of shims (2) how much to trim the thighs, and then the legs will basically be done.

anovostk21.jpg

• Like 1

Last night, I trimmed about 1.5" off of the top of my thighs and will probably need to trim a half inch or so off of the shins. I feel like I'm getting closer to the right fit and need to be careful about trimming much more off. I'll be using Pencap510's garter system which will keep the thighs up and in place (the painter's tape wasn't doing much good).

anovostk22.jpg

One question I do have is regarding the butt plate. Is there some sort of trick to shaping the buttplate or pinning it down so that it doesn't hang out like an oversized diaper? 

anovostk22a.jpg

Hi Bradley,

you can move the strapping closer to the outer border to correct the shape of the buttplate. 

Alternative you can correct the shape with a warm water bath. 

I favour the first solution. 

Cheers

Christian

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Novak Dimon said:

Hi Bradley,

you can move the strapping closer to the outer border to correct the shape of the buttplate. 

Alternative you can correct the shape with a warm water bath. 

I favour the first solution. 

Cheers

Christian

Thank you! We will try adjusting the straps and if worse comes to worse, reshaping!

• 2 weeks later...

anovostk23b.jpg

Slow going, but going. I stopped by Christian's house this Saturday and Robo (pictured) and I worked primarily on the thighs and shins but also brought in the biceps a touch. I believe I've got the butt plate starting to take shape, a little, too.

anovostk23.jpg

The shoulders, arms, and legs are just free-floating in this picture and so nothing is sitting right. The thighs were also taped low and insanely tight by my wife, who has no idea what she's doing (but neither do I, bless it). I believe it might be necessary to trim another .5" off of the bottom of the shins and it'd be great if I could get the forearms just a pinch shorter but I know I have to be careful trimming anymore there.

In two weeks, I'll be headed to Jim Summerlin (TK 24233 / Centurion #385)'s house to take a look at my shim situation and other Centurion -related issues (although I'm starting to lose confidence in getting Centurion -approved, I still want to try to get this costume as accurate as I can).

Edited by AngryEwok

Hey Brad, you are going well. Once the strapping is done you are going to have a much better feel for what needs adjustment. Shims are not as hard as they may seem if they are even needed so don’t doubt yourself or your ability :)
If you are building towards Centurion then go for it and don’t look back.
We are here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement, Sly! 

This weekend I drove down to Montgomery to get help from Jim Summerlin (TK 24233 / Centurion #385) on fine-tuning the fit lengthwise of my thighs and we also attached snaps to my Kittel belt. I'm a short dude with short legs and so a lot of additional trimming was necessary to get a good fit. Jim was really patient with me, I couldn't have done this part without help. I'll spare the world the in-progress pictures as they aren't flattering. Haha... Stupidly, I drove two hours down there and forgot my cover strips, but the main purpose of my going down there was the fit, so we're good.

Next step is to glue the thighs. Then I think I'll go ahead and install the garter system. I also need to go ahead and put chicago screws in the E-11 holster.

• Like 1