DarkSides Tk Build

DarkSide2276

Hi Rodney, 

you got a nice kit there. :)

Let us know if you need any assistance. We are happy to help you!

What is also helpful is to have a look into the Advanced Tactics Area. There you find a lot of inspiration to make your armor most accurate. 

Best Regards!

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon

Nice looking kit. Your button plate could use a bit of trimming to line it up with the rest of the armour. Less overlap would look better. TD looking good. Your chest plate looks nice. Mine is a little small. Keep at it . Good progress so far.

Nice looking kit. Your button plate could use a bit of trimming to line it up with the rest of the armour. Less overlap would look better. TD looking good. Your chest plate looks nice. Mine is a little small. Keep at it . Good progress so far.
Thanx Sean working on that as we speak.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, DarkSide2276 said:

Thanks Beaker just waiting on my limbs and E-11 and holster

Sent you a friend request on FB and added you to a local recruit group chat we have

Sent you a friend request on FB and added you to a local recruit group chat we have
Hey Beaker I cancelled my order from that guy i was buying the limbs from, I got a back up abdomen plate and it came out like crap, so I sent it back. Can u help me find a complete limb set that won't set me back

Hey Beaker I cancelled my order from that guy i was buying the limbs from, I got a back up abdomen plate and it came out like crap, so I sent it back. Can u help me find a complete limb set that won't set me back

Walt's Trooper Factory

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Looking sharp bro! I hope you have plans to submit for the higher levels like EIB and Centurion. Regards!
Gonna start off at the bottom and work my way up. I took on another challenge thou I bought a Fiberglass one and converting it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Doing a Fiberglass build instead, it's taking a lot of Mods and careful planning but it's coming together. Last picture is the final outcome after covering the holes I made for tension points for the epoxy to get a good hold with the Fiberglass. Im using BondoGlass for the filler re-sanding and then repainting using a enamel high gloss white paint. e1c2f470b3bd2d242d344b749db18eba.jpgbe03816df8655d9ffee9debf164ba864.jpg632d834460280fe36563b78a3a487a7e.jpg9fa8cb58dc018d480e42f371ff3c390d.jpg

My progress so far just need for for the bonding agent to cure then fill in the holes with spotting Bondo and clean and smooth out the edges. Cut off all excces material, resand primer then off to the paint and body shop. But so far I think I'm getting the hang of things. After trial and error and alot of researching I've finally found the right combtion of supplies needed to progress and accomplish my task at hand!!!!.f87c49d7c3a8915a6e8480da7284fc73.jpg

My progress so far just need for for the bonding agent to cure then fill in the holes with spotting Bondo and clean and smooth out the edges. Cut off all excces material, resand primer then off to the paint and body shop. But so far I think I'm getting the hang of things. After trial and error and alot of researching I've finally found the right combtion of supplies needed to progress and accomplish my task at hand!!!!.f87c49d7c3a8915a6e8480da7284fc73.jpg

That’s great to hear. Hopefully it’ll help anyone else with the same situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well final outcome on forearm armor, assembled, holes and gaps filled. Now primered and ready to go to the paint and body shop. Plz let me know how it looks for my first time ever doing a tk build and first time dealing with fiberglass. Thigh and shin armor are my next piecescfc77bb42a4a95baf73cc7d31265d9e0.jpgefdb6235dd5f329820b7710cc66502fb.jpgbd7b3ccff95c0cb6465587699f3473ce.jpg488382aef5fe5a73493ab17e1a4812f8.jpg

Thigh and Shin project!!! Horrid I know Just waiting on bonding agent to settle and then applying the connecting strip to the shin armor. Once all that is completed I'll proceed to clean up the pieces, fill in holes and gaps smooth out edges and primer the pieces. b85e8f6d940bec12c9c3a93b230a3023.jpg9447af6fe470639f15a7c16c89c944c6.jpg00628c7c368d5c4c70736d3c570cee83.jpgb1be613092e82af2fd7a327a87805767.jpg