Jacks RS prop master ANH stunt WIP

Durbin

Jacks RS Prop Masters ANH WIP

Well after weeks of researching, talking and checking build threads BBB day finally came.!!!! Yes Christmas has come early.

Received my kit from RS props today. Can’t believe it’s finally here. Ever since I was a wee lad I dreamed of one day owning my own Stormtrooper suit and it looks like I’m one step closer to achieving this.

Just a quick thanks to everyone I’ve spoken to on this forum.

9766eb064c12ec553ca2d6ea88b809b0.jpgf0ff020e0d341d13eb48ab2f121fd14b.jpg8d846803051c602e506466d5e1001d83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

BBD is a special day Jack. I know you have been doing a lot of research and know that you are so committed to this build, that you will pass clearance, obtain EIB and achieve Centurion...... as they say a one thousand mile walk starts with a first step.... Centurion armour starts with commitment ..... and commitment is what you have...

I’m really looking foreword to watching and helping with this thread....

Best wishes for your build...

I see you have started a thread on the UKG the armourers are amazing, listen to what they say, their goal is for you to build an excellent set of armour...

You are on your way mate

Stephen

Jacks RS Prop Masters ANH WIP

Well after weeks of researching, talking and checking build threads BBB day finally came.!!!! Yes Christmas has come early.

Received my kit from RS props today. Can’t believe it’s finally here. Ever since I was a wee lad I dreamed of one day owning my own Stormtrooper suit and it looks like I’m one step closer to achieving this.

Just a quick thanks to everyone I’ve spoken to on this forum.

9766eb064c12ec553ca2d6ea88b809b0.jpgf0ff020e0d341d13eb48ab2f121fd14b.jpg8d846803051c602e506466d5e1001d83.jpg

That looks familiar! Glad to see another RS trooper! Can't wait to see the progress!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

You made the right choice.

studying other people's builds on this board is the best way forward , and RS are ever helpful on the phone if you need them , also they have a Facebook page especially for builders , with the RS crew regularly advising . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey all, December was a crazy month for me and I’ve only just got around to finally starting on my project. Still been researching when I can though.

Unpacked the lid today
7522cb32f6dc66b86bb472986dd1fb32.jpg

I did notice this rough cut on the top piece and was wondering if this will cause issues? Or will it be covered by the brow?

96f5a2fa9e4a9e5cb89e879d7898d78f.jpg

Typical I go to cut out the eyes and my dremel’s battery is flat.

I’ve marked out the eyes with pencil, just wondering on your thoughts? I know I’ve probably left a lot but I’d rather sand them down then take a chunk out straight away.

96ad46442c7a07d590d9661b3ed217d1.jpg

I plan to try and document my build as in depth as possible. As a newbie having to research countless threads and seeing the pictures etc it’s a daunting aspect. I may make mistake along the way but I’d rather ask twice and cut once.

Gwithian ( Stephen ) has been a massive help and going through his thread really helped as well as other people. So appreciate all those I have spoken with.

• Like 2

Hi Jack, the pencil lines look like a good start for the eyes, once that part is cut out you can sand them down with the Dremel to get them closer to the edge, just take your time, but by bit and you will get there , it took me ages to get my eyes right.

Re the rough cut around the brow, it needs trimming back to just below the ridge , where you have already started to cut it too.

Good luck mate, I’m really looking forward to this build :)

Right I became Impatient waiting for the dremel battery to fully charge so had a little go with it ( first time using a dremel )

Surprisingly easy once got over the ‘oh god going to cut the lid in half’

0e3156e83b557b82167d7d70ea88cc67.jpg
You can see by the below pic I was very cautious....almost like bambi on ice!!
9de1e8c4c0e5877339d7697b9e08a3aa.jpg

Plucked up the courage and after referencing back to other people’s lids I changed heads and had another go

After Stephens advice and getting a little diamond filing kit the teeth are coming on a treat.
4414a691435624c8a333a14bca06ea56.jpg
8d98592c0f5ff2874689bc48bdfbb194.jpg

And here I came to the end of today’s work (that and I am just getting over the flu so hot/cold sweats are still happening) .

With regards to the eyes how much more can I take it back? I’m terrified of ‘slipping’ and nicking into the lid.

e9148e86d1900531a73cd7db0edd9a31.jpg

Oh and I decided to start on the lid...why? As once complete it will act as motivation and will sit proudly on my workbench whilst I build the armour.
Now I am a perfectionist so may go a lot slower than the normal person but I aim for centurion from the off

• Like 2

Hi Jack,
Good, steady progress. :-)

Regarding the eyes, I’d have a look at starwarshelmets.com and find one that you like best. Each one can be a little different here and there.
With mine, I rough cut with the Dremel, then used files to gently open up the eyes to the desired amount. :-)

Hope that helps a little. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

Jack, the teeth are looking good, the second one in from centre on the right is perfect, the centre right one could have a tad more removed, left centre right is almost perfect.

Regarding the eyes, looking good mate, draw a pencil line around the edge where the side meets the back ... see pics below

67e304842a44c6cc8c39cec43d528edd.jpg

4c1d9c2f565b08c8a1de66eaef29019c.jpg

6859b2e4e43168ceb45329be34d1548d.jpg

c1fb900576d80aca55f17aac22459d9a.jpg

And the teeth

a51dad1e5d0d33baee746bc8a3e1a75e.jpg

880ae2b127182b8af6c186e0fb50d932.jpg

0ddc86e23d1f0b550cb7f1e5c416a80c.jpg

Hope this helps mate, you are doing a fantastic job :)

• Like 1

Hi mate,

Looks like you’re doing well.

Do you have some sets of magnets? Might be worth offering the two parts up to each other. That should start giving you an idea of where the final cut lines will be.

A little like this:

623c850f65bf6f629fcc81a05a8912d3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jack, those lines are looking good, as Dan says, line them both up to double check before you cut. The line on the cap part where the brow trim goes looks spot on . Nice work mate :)

• Like 1

I would suggest you have a look at the reference pics; there are TK's with lots of "flashing" around the eyes and there are those with the eyes trimmed out (so the end cut is perpendicular to the lens). It might come down to personal preference. You are very close, and smoothing out your cuts (sanding) might just make the perfect eye. Your teeth are also very close (open them up just a little bit more). Great start trooper! :duim:

As above Jack, teeth looking great, just be gentle with those files you have, re the eyes just a tad more to take off if you want the clean look, have a break and comeback to it tomorrow.... when I made mistakes it was always when I pushed on doing stuff when it really was time to stop, or when I was in a rush, just take your time, it’s looking good :)

• 10 months later...

Hi all, after a massive break due to many personal reasons ( yes bad sh*t ) does come in 3’s.

I’m back and ready to crack on with my armour.

Hoping to get my helmet finished today and a start on the biceps at least.

So pleased to see RS have uploaded videos on ‘how to build their armour’