LTM's WTF ANH Stunt TK (WIP) acronym build

LTM

Hi Lou,
Making steady progress by the looks of it. :-)

If I may, it might be worth double checking some reference pics before you cut too much more off of your main ab buttons. Whilst the smaller one has no edge, the bigger one does have a slight border to it. Here’s yours and a reference from the archive;

e4665e943ee8a430130e81009291e4fd.jpg

Not sure exactly how the WTF armour is designed in this regard, so ignore me if this has to be done to fit the armour. :-)

Best wishes,
Dan :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

Thanks Dan for commenting. You are correct, when I look at the larger pad it appears to sit too high. So my plan is to grind it down and then put on a new backer plate.

• Like 2

Thanks Dan for commenting. You are correct, when I look at the larger pad it appears to sit too high. So my plan is to grind it down and then put on a new backer plate.
Correct. The pull on the WTF center buttons is quite deep. Grinding down and adding a backer plate is the way to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My initial concern was it would interfere with the belt (sticking out too far). 

Sanded down the height on both, no return edge for the small button panel. Now to cut and add the backer plate. 

2YbO3mB.jpg

Before I trim the bells, I have looked at other builds and sometimes they seem short in the back when touching in the front (maybe rotated more to the front).

Should I try to straighten the bad plastic before I trim to size?

oM94bXu.jpg

5GRiZR0.jpg

Shoulder straps bent

Yasxw6Q.jpg

Thigh ammo belt, does anyone have a link on the measurement as I have no cut lines. I am talking about the end piece where the pen is, length from cartridge to outside edge and location of rivet hole.

lMclJmz.jpg

There is no real measurements for length. Different makers and different widths of coverstrips would change it. Some people line up center box to coverstrip( me too) and some place it offset making wings(where pen is) even on both sides. Your call. 

A tip for curved edge: use pipe for TD to mark radius. And make sure rivet is in formed edge at bottom of thigh. Not above the ridge. 

I like to say when in doubt check out some Centurion photo's if you don't get an answer quick.

• Like 2

Two questions:

1. Drop boxes are 15mm in depth (mine look large/deep compared to other pictures)

2. I have Joseph's flexible handguards, does the edge go to the front of knuckles on the rubber glove?

I mount mine on back of hand from where wrist bends and front overhangs knuckles a little. Same size handguard and different size hands will get different looks. But overhang is ok.

• Like 2

Pictures of the flexible hand guard just laying on top of the glove

YF0U5Lk.jpg

Move it closer so it overhangs the knuckles a little?

pO6D1AU.jpg

On to thighs. I thought I might have to add to the back of the thigh, but once I clean up the back line looks like my right thigh will be ok.

8zWFJak.jpg

Still need to clean up the cut line

7oKicOH.jpg

• Like 1

• LTM changed the title to LTM's WTF ANH Stunt TK (WIP) acronym build
Pictures of the flexible hand guard just laying on top of the glove

YF0U5Lk.jpg

Move it closer so it overhangs the knuckles a little?

pO6D1AU.jpg

On to thighs. I thought I might have to add to the back of the thigh, but once I clean up the back line looks like my right thigh will be ok.

8zWFJak.jpg

Still need to clean up the cut line
7oKicOH.jpg

You're going to want to trim the return edge on the top flange. That's going to dig in and bite pretty good. make sure you're measuring the circumference of your thighs before removing too much material. I may rework mine in the rear by increasing the thickness of the cover strip (I've got thicker legs). And, as always... Measure twice, cut once, and use a straight edge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djmatrix09 said:

You're going to want to trim the return edge on the top flange. That's going to dig in and bite pretty good. emoji33.png make sure you're measuring the circumference of your thighs before removing too much material. I may rework mine in the rear by increasing the thickness of the cover strip (I've got thicker legs). And, as always... Measure twice, cut once, and use a straight edge.

Remove all the top return, or just in the back?

I took all return off, but like I said, I've got thicker legs. I've seen some builds retain the edge. And I have in other places on the Armor. But thats a sensitive area!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTM said:

See how they fit on your legs once cover strips are applied, you don't want them too loose, or tight. I left a return edge on mine and never had an issue with it bitting ;) 

• Like 3

Ok, everything is taped at this point with rough trimming of the back joints. Couple of issues, the seam from thighs to shin is not straight, maybe bow legs? Should I try to add to the outside of the left leg to bring it more inline with the shin? Also the tops of the thighs are different in shape (height), is this normal for a screen accurate suit?

UTXSrad.jpg

Adjusted the thighs some to bring the tops more in line with each other, but the seam not lining up is not looking correct...

ocT8r3Z.jpg

I switched the shin from right to left, the seam seems closer (maybe all this is a fitting/strapping issue?)

16WABI2.jpg

For the thighs, do I want it somewhat loose on all sides (able to fit a finger in) and then use strapping and foam to get it to sit correctly? Asking this now as I will need to add to the back (maybe an inch or two) to get it loose.

Drop box should be 15mm deep, so I need to trim the boxes. Easy way to get a level mark is to place it on a level surface and using something to elevate the marking tool of choice, rotate the box while keeping the marking tool in place. Nice level line.

qIjfEnL.jpg

Gluing the flexible handplate to the rubber glove (my hands are going to sweat something fierce). Nomex will be the replacement in the future.

XbuDvcx.jpg

different seams and different shapes on the legs are nothing unusual, no worries.

16 hours ago, LTM said:

For the thighs, do I want it somewhat loose on all sides (able to fit a finger in) and then use strapping and foam to get it to sit correctly? Asking this now as I will need to add to the back (maybe an inch or two) to get it loose.

Yes you want one or two fingers space between your leg and the outside of your thigh. You also need that space to slide it over your knee.

dropbox trimming line looks perfect :)

• Like 1

You will find strapping with help straightening them, I have minimum coverstrips but with my chicken legs the thighs are pretty loose on me, I did ad a little foam on the inside bottoms of the thighs to help straighten them up. Once again you are better with them being a little larger rather than too tight ;)

Hey Lou,

Do you have your boots yet?  Your shins will fit you differently when your boots are on.  Best to do the leg fittings while wearing your boots.  The boots push up the shins on your legs, which can affect how much (or little) space there is between the shins and the thighs.  Which can result in changes to how you want your thighs to fit.  Just a suggestion!  :)

Oh, and about those rubber gloves...  I love mine!  I wear a pair of silk liners in them, and they are super comfortable.  I've never had them get swampy on me, even when trooping in 90 degree temps with 85% humidity.  I have a pair of Nomex gloves, and I have never worn them on a troop.  

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 1

Definitely wear glove inners, I go through a few sets in a troop, they are cheap so I always carry plenty of spares, nothing worse than putting back on soiled, wet gloves ;) 

• Like 2