LTM's WTF ANH Stunt TK (WIP) acronym build

LTM

That depends on how well it fits.Ā  It should have enough room to fit 2 or 3 fingers inside.Ā  You don't want it too tight or too loose.

Second round of filler, first had a few air pockets. Sanded up to 320, will let it dry some more and then sand 400- 800 followed by polishing.

ZweWroB.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Question to make sure I am doing this correctly. This is a picture of the right biceps that are uncut (whoops, the picture is reversed). This seam needs to be reduced to 15mm for the cover strip as it is facing forward.

Ā 

6BmxgEe.jpg

Ā 

This is where I cut the left bicep at 15mm (from what I have read the front needs to be cannon and the adjustments are made in the back?)

Ā 

iIaHprJ.jpg

Edited by LTM
Picture

1 hour ago, LTM said:

(from what I have read the front needs to be cannon and the adjustments are made in the back?)

The front dosen`t need to be canon for any level of approval but keeping cover strips screen accurate (front and back) is what to strive for, however, if the builder is a bigger person it will look better if the cover strip for biceps are 18 front/back rather than having the front at 15 and the back at 21. But that`s ultimatly up to the builderĀ :)

• Like 3

The front dosen`t need to be canon for any level of approval but keeping cover strips screen accurate (front and back) is what to strive for, however, if the builder is a bigger person it will look better if the cover strip for biceps are 18 front/back rather than having the front at 15 and the back at 21. But that`s ultimatly up to the builderĀ 
This is what I did with my build. No way 15/15mm would fit my frame. My wife helped me line up everything and I basically split the difference across the front and back. Just remember... Measure twice and cut once! I caught myself a few times. Cheers!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok, can someone talk me off the ledge when it comes to biceps. This is a WTF kit so it has the ridges where the cover strips go, if there were no ridges I would not have the fitting issue. I would not say I have large biceps by any means, but I can't figure out how others are getting this to fit. I did go to an armor party this weekend and got great advice on other areas, but the guys there were stumped on how to get the biceps to fit (they have built other kits). Also learned that you will "swell" a little so if it is tight at first, good luck getting it off later.Ā 

Maybe I can reshape the plastic and remove the ridges on the back of the bicep (or will I screw up the plastic trying to remove a ridge?).

Ā 

I have the front cut and can fit a 20mm strip.

Ā 

mO0S4CC.jpg

Ā 

Here is the back (of left bicep) and you can see the ridges and how far apart...

Ā 

yd3OGgM.jpg

Ā 

Interior shape

Ā 

pD3bICd.jpg

Ā 

At this point I am ready to sell (cause if I am having fitment issues at bicep, good luck on the rest of this fitting) and get a bigger TK kit (I am 6 foot 194 pounds)

Ā 

Does anyone sell larger biceps (I guess if I went this route I will have to paint the entire suit).

Ā 

Any advice/help?

Ā 

Ā 

Your right at the max for WTF. I'm about the same size as you and I'm using Walt's kit for my TKC. That left bicep will need a hot water bath to shape it rounder. Remove all the return edge will help also. How wide would back strip need to be? Are you wearing your compression gear when fitting?Ā  For me the kit fits like it's made for me. Except chest. It could be bigger.Ā 

Don't tell Walt I said that. He gave me a look the day I said it in his shop. Did you get the bigger ab and Kidney pcs.?

• Like 3

Magni is correct. Keep the forward cover strip around 20mm, or whatever works, then you use the aft strip to fit your body better. I went with 24/22mm for my return flange and cover strips after taking all my measurements (twice or thrice). Don't despair, a WTF is totally doable for 6' 194lbs. I'm in that range as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, magni said:

Your right at the max for WTF. I'm about the same size as you and I'm using Walt's kit for my TKC. That left bicep will need a hot water bath to shape it rounder. Remove all the return edge will help also. How wide would back strip need to be? Are you wearing your compression gear when fitting?Ā  For me the kit fits like it's made for me. Except chest. It could be bigger.Ā 

Don't tell Walt I said that. He gave me a look the day I said it in his shop. Did you get the bigger ab and Kidney pcs.?

When I ordered I let Rocky know my height, is there a way to know if I got the larger version? BTW, I did ask Rocky if they had a larger bicep (I understand they also have smaller versions) and the answer sadly was no.

Ā 

So I can get this to fit, the lines are where the hard lines are molded into the bicep. In the front I made those 20mm (10mm per side), in the back I need more room. But the cover strip would still be in the middle, will this cost me centurion level (back of bicep).

In a perfect world I would not have the hard lines molded in and it would just be a smooth area to the butt joint. If I had to I could try to "iron" out the hard lines and make them smooth. Or I can cut the ridge off and add plastic and smooth it with ABS paste.

J4VBnNx.jpg

Ā 

If you went with a wider "22/24mm" strip in front it really does make a difference in the back. Saying this as it looks a bit more even so to speak viewed from a side angle. We're bigger Troopers so a little bit wider coverstrip isn't as noticeable in front. With it being cut already a gap would be left but still covered by strips. I say plural as I recommend internal ones. When you measure ridge in back you can take a couple mm off and cheat in a "little" and be ok. Say you measure 28mm a 26 would work.

Ā 

About bigger size ab question. Post a picture of ab from the side and I could tell you.Ā 

Keep up the good work. We're watching!

• Like 1

Ok, got confirmation that I don't need to worry about the ridges, so my cover strips will be ok.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for the responses, they do help! Here are the side profile shots, waiting to hear back from Rocky on larger pieces.

CmFDXZE.jpg

Ā 

1ZQZwp6.jpg

Ā 

O0gKs9r.jpg

Ā 

• Like 1

I wasn't aware that there were two different size ab's. Ā I'm currently working on shims between the ab and kidney.Ā 
I feel like I'm just poking along with this build. It's fun , I can't complain.
#shimlife

Welcome to the club. Lol