Need help with making stormtrooper armor to go with the Black Series helm.

Guest Motb

Hey all, so Im not old enough to join the 501st yet, but I still want to make my own armor and to be sure thats its up to 501st standards. 

I have the Black Series helmet, it was a gift. I heard its not 100% accurate but its close. I did find the guide to make it up to 501st standards though but thats not top priority. Along with the helmet I got a morph suit, which well isnt really storm trooper armor. I want to go to the TLJ premiere wearing stormtrooper armor, so Im gonna need your help with this one. I have no prior experience building, and I havent found anywhere to buy the armor. I have about 10 days to build the armor, so if anyone could guide me that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I´m sorry to say but unless you know exactly how to build and a very skilled builder it`s not realistic to build in 10 Days, most take months and even years...granted they don`t work 24/7 on their armor, look at armorbuilding with TK1636 on Youtube for a complete turtorial and you still need to get your armor, which is also almost impossible in that timeframe (sorry to be MrNegative) and for that I would recomend scouting FB for listings and all other sites that sell stuff, you might get lucky.....HOWEVER I you are interested in 501 standard it would take som effort to "know what to buy"..if you just want something for the TLJ then there`s always Ebay (90% BAD armor and recasters) MTK (trooperbay) is sometimes found on Ebay and that is GREAT ARMOR...or someone sells their ANOVOS Kit at a higher price but...if you need it this quick, it might be your only option and if you got more money than you can spend that also helps:) and...seeing as I already "shot you down" I might as well point out that for 501st approval the black series helmet don`t go with original trilogy armor - and som postitives, yes there is some - the general public won`t notice if you have the black series helmet mixed with OT armor - they see a Stormtrooper. I really hope you succeed :salute:

Edited by TheSwede
made a misstake

Decided to make an account real quick to make things easier.

Yeah I didnt put the helmet in top priority because its pretty close to the Rogue one set Im going for, and the general public cant tell the difference. However once I have armor I will probably modify that up to standards.

No problem about being negative, since its the truth I need right now. I checked on Ebay for the MTK, only one person is selling it and it can only start shipping on the 11th, which might be a bit late. He also has the helmet included which I dont really need, and the shipping costs are too high. I live in Dubai so Im quite far from the US.

I searched for TK1336, but found TK1636 instead, could it be him you meant? With the help of a couple people (and some heavy dedication) I think I could do it in the time frame. I did take a look at the ANOVOS kits, they are way too overpriced, hell no to that one.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help. Lets hope I can get this done in time :D

Edited by Motb

4 minutes ago, Motb said:

I searched for TK1336, but found TK1636 instead, could it be him you meant

That`s the one - my bad:smiley-sw013:

And...almost forgott:rolleyes: check out the for sales threads and ongoing runs on this site and hopefully you will find what you look for and if you pull it of that would be impressive..most impressive:salute:

11 hours ago, Motb said:

I checked on Ebay for the MTK, only one person is selling it and it can only start shipping on the 11th, which might be a bit late. He also has the helmet included which I dont really need, and the shipping costs are too high.

If you do go with MTK then you will need the helmet because MTK is an OT (original trilogy) kit not Rogue One, therefore your black series helmet doesn’t match.

If you want to do a Rogue One trooper then the only person currently making that kit is Jim Tripon.

• Like 1