Safety when working on armor

heartstopper85

Just had accident at work with another working using a cutting blade, while not armor related. It has inspired me to remind everyone about safety when working on armor. I work in the trades and even I get a bit lack on safety. It should always be number one, hospital visits aren't fun. And while it might be a rite of passage to bleed to the armor gods, you could prevent it. I'm far from perfect here, I hate wearing safety gear, but I hate getting cut or things in my eyes worse. Anyway here's my rant on safety for today:

When working with sharp blades I usually wear Ansell Hyflex Cut resistant gloves. Usually they will be good for slashes and slips. I use these at work and home: https://www.grainger.com/product/ANSELL-Nitrile-Cut-Resistant-Gloves-3EE13?cm_sp=Product_Details-_-Customer_Also_Viewed-_-AZIDPRR_1714-9435-3&cm_vc=AZIDPRR_1714-9435-3&req=Customer_Also_Viewed

Once broken in you get good grip and flexibility

Do your research and find what works for you, there are some amazing products out there.

Also always wear eye protection, googles, safety glasses and in some cases a full shield

A dust mask, proper ventilation etc is helpful for sanding, painting, etc. Make sure if your using chemicals your have the right mask for the right job. Some materials fiberglass resin etc require more protection.

It sucks to have lost a worker due to a preventable accident. Take a few moments take a sip of your favorite beverage and think about the task you are performing and how you can perform it safer.

Safety first troopers!

This is another good reminder for everyone.
I know I for one don't always take all the correct precautions when working on my armour even though I know I should. We all need to be safe to troop on our not blood covered armour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, sandtrooper said:

What kind of respirator is required for fiberglass?  Thanks.

This link might be helpful, http://blog.pksafety.com/which-respirator-is-best-for-painting-and-boat-repair/

Based on a fiberglass boat but the concept is similar