First step towards Centurion build for ANH Stunt Stormtrooper

I only put my brackets on yesterday. It wasn't difficult and didn't take much time. Swapping out a piece would take minutes. I did brackets for screen accuracy. I've seen lots of builds with snaps that look great though. I guess it depends where you want to take this.

Enjoy your build. I know I am enjoying mine. Not nearly as challenging as I thought it would be. I started out quite nervous but quickly became comfortable with the whole process.

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

Loctite (the removable one) would work too.

I'm hesitant to use any kind of Locktite because of what it does to ABS if you get any on it. Not saying I'd just glob it on but I don't want to take any chances. I've read on the forum that a dab of E6000 on the threads works well. I think I'll do that.

This can happen pretty fast and not even know it until you jump in the shower. I guess I scratched my skin with some unsanded armor while sliding armor on and off the arm.

Started small trimming around smaller pieces last night. Got my lexan scissors so I needed to test them out.

I shall be starting the biceps this weekend. Stay tuned for pictures and questions!!6b54daa32094b6129264fc5c12f1b796.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

That`s up to you but 8mm sounds a bit much, I think most go with 4-6mm and some even smaller on lower bicep, I like to leave some for a "thicker armor"-look...but as I said, it`s up to ones liking:) On my next kit (in my hands soooon) I will make the bicep edges smaller to try and keep the bicep itself as small as possible, not too fond of the some what bulky look I have on this kit...well...whatya gonna do if you got bulging biceps right?!:P 

• Like 1

I believe the return edge is not required for any level of certification. However, that look of thicker armour is kinda nice. I removed most of the return edge in order to keep the bicep thinner looking on my build.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I believe the return edge is not required for any level of certification.

That`s correct:) and whilst on the subject, for Centurion there cannot be any on the wrist ends of forearms:salute:

• 4 weeks later...

Ok.... Happy New Year, everyone! Got back to work on the build. Did some of my biceps and was wondering how much of a gap there should be between the armor and your arm? Like, I measured my arm and it is 14.5inches, flexed. So, should the armor be like 15inches or 15.5inches?? Or am I over thinking this part too much??

Other than that, I also purchased my undersuit... 2 piece, of course! Pretty cheap at Wal-Mart.

Glad that the holidays are done so I can focus on the build a little more.

39dfcc32e409b50f6395b288c0214d91.jpge627bdda04f39d4c6aeacae61514df9b.jpgc76e789147237014bcb315e5b6f51ba4.jpgc75ed730fcad5944ecb0e8a89de89278.jpg06f3b8f31198d03d6b6f110504584896.jpg

A good rule of thumb is that all the lims should be able to "float" on you, not to big and not to tight and for the arms - if you can bend and lift your arms to your head then all is good...my advise would be to try your range of motion with all the pieces and get them as small as possible, but that`s just what I did.

EDIT: too small is not good either, then foam is a great way to fill up the suit. I forgot I´m 203lbs:P

And it could be my eyes deciving me but that seems lika alot to cut from just one side?

06f3b8f31198d03d6b6f110504584896.jpg

Edited by TheSwede

Biceps are coming together pretty good. I think I am going to leave the biceps for now and start on the forearms. When I am happy with the forearms, I will take a test fit with both biceps and forearms together.

No glue for a while. Want to be able to correct if I need to. And plus, haven't bought any e6000 yet.... Hehe! That way, I am not tempted to use it.

I will take a few more pictures of the biceps when I get home later. Capture a few more sides for you all to see.

Stay tuned!00256f60059a8546e0cf82d9a7c8ddd0.jpg

• Like 1

As Daniel mentioned, for Centurion level there can be no return edges on the wrist end, even on the "hump" area (seen circled in red in the first photo below).  This should be considered during fitting rather than after, as if you do it after the wrist openings will be loose.  I also always recommend that you remove all the return edges on the tops of the thighs.  First, it is screen accurate (second pic shows screen used ones), and it will prevent any chafing to your upper thighs/groin area while trooping.

p32DRDc.jpg?1                5NHq1HI.jpg?2

As Daniel mentioned, for Centurion level there can be no return edges on the wrist end, even on the "hump" area (seen circled in red in the first photo below).  This should be considered during fitting rather than after, as if you do it after the wrist openings will be loose.  I also always recommend that you remove all the return edges on the tops of the thighs.  First, it is screen accurate (second pic shows screen used ones), and it will prevent any chafing to your upper thighs/groin area while trooping.

p32DRDc.jpg?1                5NHq1HI.jpg?2
Thankd@justjoseph63 I was planning on trimming most of the return edges anyways...